Releasing class/race restrictions.

With Troll and dwarf warlocks coming into play, several classes get very close to the "can roll everything you want" category. do you think blizzard will release all classes for all races?

15+ Year Old Account
    Short: No
    Long: No

Why would they ?.. It's not that trolls are going to be more played.. TBH I don't want to, I like to play a race that isn't popular.

Also I wouldn't make sense to see an Undead Druid.. or an Gnome Paladin.
    ALTF4.

Deleted
    With all races working hand in hand, there's absolutely no valid lore reason to keep restrictions on class/race combos. The recent changes proves this more than enought. It's not like they aren't able to learn from each other.

Short answer: No
    Long answer: No, because they want there to be some differences between the races. Most of the new combos are based on what should have been from the beginning, and the rest are continuations of storylines to reflect recent changes. While they could write new lore to allow any class combo, they probaly won't. Lore already allowed for things usch as tauren Paladins - a noble and good race picking up a class that holds similar values, all it took was for them to realize about the sun god and stuff.

Things like Undead Paladins and Draenei Warlocks specifically go against what we already know about those races so would require a lot more work to fit in, and would cause an uproar from players.

For example, a Draenei Warlock now would be killed on sight, and the undead stand against what Paladins fight for.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rantus View Post
    Short answer: No
    Long answer: No, because they want there to be some differences between the races. Most of the new combos are based on what should have been from the beginning, and the rest are continuations of storylines to reflect recent changes. While they could write new lore to allow any class combo, they probaly won't. Lore already allowed for things usch as tauren Paladins - a noble and good race picking up a class that holds similar values, all it took was for them to realize about the sun god and stuff.

Things like Undead Paladins and Draenei Warlocks specifically go against what we already know about those races so would require a lot more work to fit in, and would cause an uproar from players.

For example, a Draenei Warlock now would be killed on sight, and the undead stand against what Paladins fight for.
    First off, the only Paladins in WoW are Humen and Dwarves. Blood Elves, Draenei and soon Tauren are different 'classes' lorewise. And Paladins in general dont fight for anything, their 'clans' (Knights of the Silver Hand, Argent Dawn/Crusade, etc.) do follow a goal.

"Paladins don't always have to work within good or neutral organizations as seen by the Scarlet Crusade and others — however, they do have to believe they are working for good organizations or have faith that their cause is good and just. A paladin can be evil (as illustrated by Renault Mograine), but as long as they believe their cause to be just, the Light will continue to serve them."

And they dont have to even do this, like shown by the Blood Knights, who just enslaved a Naaru (Muru) to drain the holy light off her.

As for Draenei Warlocks - look the Goblin Shamans, they enslave the elements (conjuring them into their mechanical totems). Everything is possible.

Yeah, but the source of all Paladins power is ultimately the light, they reach it and employ it in different ways. I think Tauren will be able to use it directly, though you are correct, they're not technically Paladins.

Basically I'm not saying it's not possible, you can see many eredar warlocks, just that some classes have specifically been targeted by some races, I can't imagine the Exodar Draenei ever accepting the use of demons even for a good cause.

Quote Originally Posted by rantus View Post
    Yeah, but the source of all Paladins power is ultimately the light, they reach it and employ it in different ways. I think Tauren will be able to use it directly, though you are correct, they're not technically Paladins.
    This is correct, they're not paladins. They're Sunwalkers.

Basically I'm not saying it's not possible, you can see many eredar warlocks, just that some classes have specifically been targeted by some races, I can't imagine the Exodar Draenei ever accepting the use of demons even for a good cause.
    There are some class/race combinations that will never make sense from a lore standpoint. Draenei Warlocks, for instance, because of the Draenei origins of being split off from the Eredar. Gnome or Dwarf Druids, because their focus on machinations and contorting the earth to fit their will is directly at odds with druidic belief. etc.

blood elves arnt tecnicaly paladins they are blood knights

I am Sniper - Play Free Online Games