Thread: Deathwing Scar

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by sac View Post
    i really cant wait for cata now ive seen so much so many new story lines im really thinking about making new characters just for lore alone.
    I'd settle for a simple Beta Invite.

EK before Cata:

EK after Cata:
    Like music? Check this guy out - http://artificialfear.com/
    Subscribe to his youtube! - http://www.youtube.com/user/ArtificialFear

Its funny how all that land seemed to have spewed out of nowhere like twilight highlands :P

Quote Originally Posted by Skvadrin View Post
    yeah that's just a regular whirl pool. A maelstrom implies a hurricane
    Uh ... not quite. A maelstrom IS a whirlpool only much much larger and much more dangerous. >>;
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sundreamer View Post
    as far as i know, deathwing emerges from grim'batol (or however it is called)...the big, sealed gate in menethil harbour, where the red dragons wander around...and to the deathwing scar in SW i have this

isnt he cute?
    how are we supposed to fight THIS with 25 man *gg* some growingpotion to make us as big as a house?

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae.

Quote Originally Posted by chelmo View Post
    how are we supposed to fight THIS with 25 man *gg* some growingpotion to make us as big as a house?
    thats just a scaled up model of deathwing dont worry

Quote Originally Posted by Grzlynx View Post
    This. I'm pretty sure the Maelstrom we've seen as of now isn't the one that's in the middle of the ocean, where the sundering occured. Why would they even add that in for Cataclysm?

The area north of SW has always been where he was supposed to emerge. In the Alpha, they removed all of the terrain there and it was just water. Maelstrom = water.

Now, as Sarethen said, in the Beta, it's just a big hole in the ground and lots of water. A maelstrom is a big "hole" in the ground, where water is falling into.

Derp.
    On the world map the "maelstrom" with Thrall is the maelstrom in the middle of the ocean

15+ Year Old Account
    Yes, Deathwing Scar concept was deleted from wow...as you said, the maelstrom is now the place where deathwing emerged...
    If you still want to see wat is in the "Deathwing Scar" now, there is only water:
    http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/a...thwingScar.jpg

I just wanted to post the screenshot there :P

Good luck!

You enter deepholm through that griphon I thought? Also I don't recall where I saw it, but I remember seeing a picture of somewhere underwater where in the background I saw one of the alliance gunships from the ICC fight (That kind of model)

I'm just curious what happens with all the stuff in the Badlands, you know, the huge friggin "crash landing" looking crater, and the "mountains" that got cut in half with just a smooth glassy surface remaining? It would be a shame to just scrap that stuff because of a disagreement where the big bad dragon should emerge...

10+ Year Old Account
    if you go in the water between SW and dun morogh, do you see the deeprun tram?

The area that would've been the Deathwing Scar is now just an ocean cove that, incidentally, you can't fly over (ffs Blizzard).

I don't really get the lore behind Deathwing emerging from the Maelstrom yet, but my guess as to the reason he emerged there is because it's the point where the barrier between the elemental plains and Azeroth is the weakest, either because there's already a "tear" there, or because of all the magic present. He didn't aim for the Maelstrom, the Maelstrom isn't "above" the Tower of Earth, he just broke through the ceiling and arrived at the only place he could end up (?).

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    thats just a scaled up model of deathwing dont worry
    Have you seen the DW's model size @ the Blizzcon? Let me remind it for you:

Now, as soon as they manage they've went shit with this image they'll probably rescale him, but for now that's the only size..

10+ Year Old Account
    the maelstrom in Cata is the one in the middle of the ocean, you people keep over-emphasizing things. its only the size of the city of the highborn. that's the only thing supposedly that got swallowed in it.
    NO OGRES, NO MORE ELVES, NO FURBOLG, NO EMRALD DREAM, NO REHASHED OLD CONTENT, NO DEMON HUNTER!
    Get the point? Give us something NEW for Groms sake!