Thread: damm you pve

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cjros View Post
    PvE is all about knowing what your opponent that never changes his behaviour WILL do
    PvP is all about knowing what your opponent, who changes strat, jukes, cc's COULD do
    Fixed this for you

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Fixed this for you
    You know your opponent will attempt to juke you. You know he'll attempt to CC. You know he'll change a strat. Just by knowing his class and his partners class you should have a vague awareness of what the possibilities are.
    By your definition I will now change line two of my quote to:
    PvP is all about knowing what your opponent (the enemy team) WILL DO and how your group can counter it.

You know your opponent will attempt to juke you. You know he'll attempt to CC. You know he'll change a strat. Just by knowing his class and his partners class you should have a vague awareness of what the possibilities are.
    By your definition I will now change line two of my quote to:
    PvP is all about knowing what your opponent (the enemy team) WILL DO and how your group can counter it.
    You never set foot in arena did you?

Quote Originally Posted by Strache View Post
    How exactly does PvE have anything to do with skill? I'm having a hard time to figure out what's supposed to be so challenging about watching a video guide and downing the encounter accordingly. Sure it requires basic understanding of the game, to a certain point knowing your class and blablabla, 1-2 attempts, but unless you're in a guild doing world firsts without knowing anything about the encounter the hardest part of PvE is finding 25 people that aren't newbs or mentally handicapped (and even then it's the GMs achievement hardly the peoples getting carried).

& Tanking druids =/= all phys. damage dealing classes in PvP.
    Try heroic 25 man LK.
    Last edited by Theholypally; 2010-07-12 at 10:29 AM.

http://www.twitch.tv/hammerpairs 7/7 Mythic EN / 3/3 Mythic ToV / 10/10 Mythic NH / 9/9 Mythic ToS
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBmNLMo4vcI some old school CM fun
    "Your lights will go out. The darkness will envelop you. And you will fear the shadows that move within it."

Quote Originally Posted by Theholypally View Post
    Try heroic 25 man LK.
    Hook me up with the gear and 24 equally skilled players and we'd have a world first ;0

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    You never set foot in arena did you?
    So you're trying to tell me you don't know what each class is capable of doing?

As for PvP weapons good for DPS in PvE:
    I guess that 277 Arena Dagger is better for Elemental shamans than 277 Frozen Bonespike(ofc PvE has 284 Mace from LK 25 HM but for many even PvE players he remains undefeatable, and also too many casters wanting it)...

So you're trying to tell me you don't know what each class is capable of doing?
    I'm well aware of what they CAN do, but that doesn't mean they are actually going to do it, and thats what I wanted to point out after you basically said pve and pvp is the same. Some examples:

* A mage can poly me
    * as a priest, I could sw:death him to break the sheep from backlash damage
    * he could or could not stop his cast at 80-90%, making me waste my cd and eventually lose the game
    * if he has pve gloves insted of the pvp ones, a sw:death could set back his cast, again, I've wasted my cd
    * he could cast at his focus or click in gladius while he has me in target, again, I've wasted my cd

these are only some examples, involving only 2 spells of 2 classes. Again, what someone can do does not equal to what he will do, or when he will do it, which is THE difference between pvp and pve.
    In pve, you may wipe a couple of times, but after some practice, you will beat the boss with a chance getting closer to 100% from week to week. In pvp, you can never predict the outcome of a game if the teams have equal skill/gear and viable combos. So which one is easier? Also, there is no "ok, lets wipe and try again".
    Last edited by Cjeska; 2010-07-12 at 11:17 AM.

Pvp cant be hard, you can only be bad and good at it, since you're fighting other people.

Oh and cant believe no-ones mentioned it yet, you all got trolled.

Ah yes, the old "pvp is teh skeel, pve is teh faesrol".

Don't you find it odd that the ppl who say that, didn't even down LK 10 men heroic and their arena ratings are below 2k, thus proving they fail at pve AND pvp at the same time ?!?

I find it hilarious, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by towndrunk View Post
    went 7-9 last night in 3's. Fought 3 warriors with shadowmourn, 2 with shadow edge, and 2 dks with shadowmourn. Lost count of how many had DBW. they really need to buff resi again or start new season.
    Shadow's Edge OP for PvP... yes, sure.

/pat
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

Deleted
    I want someone to define "Skill" and explain why PvP / PvE doesn't require any.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    Hook me up with the gear and 24 equally skilled players and we'd have a world first ;0
    Yea, find 24 other pvp people who say "PvE is so easy, i can totally down LK heroic if i just got a good group".

Those people who think in the way you do, will never down LK heroic. Im just saying.
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    [Guild][Audinwyrnn]: The *@@! was that ?
    [Guild][Bolvar]: Dont worry about it kid

Quote Originally Posted by Bommer View Post
    In my opinion, all resilience should be eliminated from the game.
    lol

Another PvPer looking for balanced PvP in an RPG

Your PvP fix would be better found in another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I want someone to define "Skill" and explain why PvP / PvE doesn't require any.
    Skill = situational awareness, quick thinking and anticipation.

The truth is that both pvp and pve require the same amount of skill. Ofcourse, some ppl think battlegrounds require no skill for pvp, and they are right. Some ppl say normal raids require no skill, and they right.

Skill comes into play at high ratings and heroic raids.

Only noobs say the game requires no skill, as they think the reason they can't down that LK 10 men normal is because the RNG ( random number generator ) is overpowered.

PVP gear should be better for PVP. The fact that Shadowmourn, Heroic Bryntroll, and Bryntoll are better than S2 PVP gear is kind of BS IMO. Same with Heroic Nibelung, Heroic LK weapons, ETC. The fact that no 245/251/264/277 shield is available prior to 1800, and that the best pvp 2nd trinket is ilvl 245 is all kinda bs. Some of us who pvp don't like doing PVE. I don't want to have to pay the best guild on my server for DFO/HLK25 weapon, and I *hate* raiding.

I'm fine with raiders being able to buy relentless, that's all well and good- however the fact that DBW/HRS25 trinket/DFO/etc are all *MUCH* better than any thing a pure pvper can get for pvp- really bugs me. IF they just updated the ilvl200 REsil/chance on hit procs to ilvl 264/277 and slapped a 2400 rating requirement on it, it'd be much better IMO.

Cheers.

10+ Year Old Account
    New players are brought into the game on PvE content, and as such, if they knew no other way, would go all the way to 80 via PvE, and perhaps start raiding, if they wished. Even hardcore PvPer's tend to level at least in some zones.. not just AV grind. But still, that's irrelevant.

The weapons themselves aren't overpowered on their own, they are just good in the hands of a well geared toon.

So you go through the game, go raiding, get some good weapons, and some decent gear, fair enough.

Then you decide you want to go to PvP, let's be honest, anyone who walks straight into an arena and expects to do well in PvE gear with no resilience is probably going to get beat on, especially higher up the rankings. Going the other way isn't so hard, as most of the stats tend to still be there, and yes with the same gear level equivalents you might do a couple k less dps, but it's by no means the end of the world.

And did you ever think that maybe, as is normally the case with WoW, that the more you play/do, the more you get out of the game and the better your toon is. So for instance, you want to PvE, yeah you'll be quite good at it/well geared after a while if you know your stuff and aren't a complete window licker. The same goes for PvP.

But did you not take into account that perhaps, if you as a character, both PvE'd and PvP'd then the combination of both styles of gear could be a good thing.

Perhaps Blizzard is rewarding those who made the decision to make the most out of their game?

I guess PvP and PvE require the same amount of skill. If PvP required more skill, i guess PVPers would play more clever and intelligent but thats not the case in reality. PvPers aren't better at movement in encounters, and the average PvPer does not use his brain on interrupts etc. any more than the average PvEer does.

There are some really awesome PvPers out there, and there are some really awesome PvEers out there. The majority of both factions sucks and plays stupid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I guess PvP and PvE require the same amount of skill. If PvP required more skill, i guess PVPers would play more clever and intelligent but thats not the case in reality. PvPers aren't better at movement in encounters, and the average PvPer does not use his brain on interrupts etc. any more than the average PvEer does.

There are some really awesome PvPers out there, and there are some really awesome PvEers out there. The majority of both factions sucks and plays stupid.
    Knowing how to execute a proper CC rotation/SWing sheeps/knowing how to stance dance/etcetc has very little to do with "move out of fire". Most pvpers who are 2700+ have also downed HLK25. The difference between 2200-2400 and 2600-2800 skilled pvpers is *worlds* apart. Anyone with a proper group comp and half a brain can hit 2200 in 3s, It takes a lot more to aim for the illustrious 3k rating.

Anywhoo, Most PVE content isn't particularly hard, Don't get me wrong- I'm not saying 25M HM LK is easy by any means, just that it's more about proper execution rather then reactions. Whereas PVP is more about reacting. They both take skill, just different skills.