10+ Year Old Account

WTF this is weird.. Someone help D:

Yesterday I got a email from blizz saying I purchased a celestial steed ( I know its the real blizzard because I have emails asking me to confirm my password switch that i do every few months and they match) But no money was taken from my bank account and it gave me a promotional code to imput on battle.net .... it all seems fake... anyone else have this happen to them? or should I discard it? keep it? if its real anyone want a celestial steed? because I stopped playing WoW until cata hits...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    One day Tyrande was flying from Darnassus to Moonglade, but the gryphon crashed and she fell into the dancing Troll village. Being the leader of the night elves, Tyrande landed with a swift roll and added some street moves to make it look as if she fell on purpose. The trolls then however challenged her to a dance off, which they easily won. Being pissed as hell, Tyrande immediately hearted and ordered the extermination of the dancing troll village.

It's a keylogger. I got the same email

10+ Year Old Account
    damn.... looked legit... they are getting craftier..email even started like the support one but instead of support it said sales :/
    One day Tyrande was flying from Darnassus to Moonglade, but the gryphon crashed and she fell into the dancing Troll village. Being the leader of the night elves, Tyrande landed with a swift roll and added some street moves to make it look as if she fell on purpose. The trolls then however challenged her to a dance off, which they easily won. Being pissed as hell, Tyrande immediately hearted and ordered the extermination of the dancing troll village.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why am i the only person not cool enough to get these hacker emails?

It might be helpful if you post the email address that you actually received, like copy and pasted. Because, sometimes the email can be slightly off.

Also I'll take the steed :P as I'm working on the 100 mounts achievement, and any mount can help.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont wanna get banned
    Last edited by Quexar; 2010-07-12 at 03:28 AM. Reason: blarg

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    Why am i the only person not cool enough to get these hacker emails?
    Don't feel bad, I don't get them either.

First, posting that email is going to get you banned. Second, that's not a blizzard address. All blizzard addresses end with @blizzard.com. That one isn't even close.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    you sure because I just changed my password and the conformation email doesnt end with @blizzard.com

blizzard.email.com is fake..
    like blizardemail.com ....etc..

A quick google / whatis ...etc. of the email server should tell you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks all

1. No such thing as free lunch

2. Above all, use common sense

3. Refer to point 2

10+ Year Old Account
    I suppose an easier way to do this would be to copy past the code into item redemption and see if its fake... either way I have to switch credit cards now