Thread: Cataclysm Beta

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cataclysm Beta

Hello everyone, i recently got a confirmation to get the installer by logging into my battlenet account with a link posted. Once going to the link (which sends me to battle.net) i enter my email and pword, along with my authenticator and onto the next step which then sends me to a new page, but unfortunately it says File Not Found with a little murloc holding up the sign. I sent an e-mail back to the sender and have not goten a response. does anyone have any suggestions?

Never follow links, always go straight to www.battle.net.

Go straight to www.battle.net.
    Manage account, log in.
    Manage Game below the box with Deathwing's chin on it.
    Download PC Client
    Done.

grats on getting hacked

Quote Originally Posted by mitchimitch View Post
    grats on getting hacked
    Speaking of which, now would be a good time to change your password, too.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you went through the Battle.net website (typing it in, not following an address in the email) and it doesn't work then you have to just wait for a response, or call them tomorrow.

My SC2 Invite came in the email 4 or so days before it was posted to my Battle.net account, I emailed them back and they explained sometimes it might take a couple days for the site link to work.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Never follow links, always go straight to www.battle.net.

Go straight to www.battle.net.
    Manage account, log in.
    Manage Game below the box with Deathwing's chin on it.
    Download PC Client
    Done.
    Ty for the reply, but when i go to the website there isn't deathwing, only the wotlk game. What can I do about this?
    Also, Mitchimitch, I did this a couple days ago and i'm still fine. Not only do i have an authenticator but i also have one of the best (as far as i know) anti virus systems. Whenever i go to an unsafe website my anti virus system doesn't even allow me, and simply tells me that there is a virus on the web page. Plus the link sent me straight to the battle.net website.

Quote Originally Posted by hotshot237 View Post
    Ty for the reply, but when i go to the website there isn't deathwing, only the wotlk game. What can I do about this?
    Also, Mitchimitch, I did this a couple days ago and i'm still fine. Not only do i have an authenticator but i also have one of the best (as far as i know) anti virus systems. Whenever i go to an unsafe website my anti virus system doesn't even allow me, and simply tells me that there is a virus on the web page. Plus the link sent me straight to the battle.net website.
    That's most likely the PTR, not the beta.

Lucky you have an authenticator, if you didn't, you would probably have been hacked by now. Your internet filter, by the way, does not stop you from accessing all phishing websites, there are far too many of them being created all the time for the AV companies to be on to all of them immediately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fighting alongside Turalyon and Alleria against the Burning Legion
    Even if you still have control of your account because of the authenticator, you should still change the password.
    Participator in the Great 'Real ID Forum Change' Riot July 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Divaet View Post
    I love being self-richeous..
    Quote Originally Posted by DailyBlink View Post
    Malygos flips out and creates a mana blackhole. Mages no longer use Mana, instead having a new resource called 'Derp'.

So without there being a 'Manage Game' option with Deathwings chin, does that simply mean I'm not able to download/participate in the beta?

So without there being a 'Manage Game' option with Deathwings chin, does that simply mean I'm not able to download/participate in the beta?
    Yup, if you could get into it it would appear as one of your battle.net games on the menu.

Alright well thanks for all the replies, guess I'll remain being bored on rainy days.

Alright well thanks for all the replies, guess I'll remain being bored on rainy days.
    Don't fret. More beta waves are coming, so there's a chance.

But seriously. Change your password.

Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    Don't fret. More beta waves are coming, so there's a chance.

But seriously. Change your password.
    Password has been changed. Also do you by chance know when they will send them out?

Password has been changed. Also do you by chance know when they will send them out?
    When they need them. They mentioned trying to do it on a weekly basis, but don't hold your breath either way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Italy (y'know, spaghetti pizza maccaroni)
    Always remember should you get in, it is not there for your own amusement. You are lucky to be in, and should provide as much feedback as possible.
    Good luck to both you and me on the beta.
    Banana phone
    I've got this feeling, so appealing,
    for us to get together and sing. Sing!

Well, it seems that idiots are born every single day. Seriously, how dumb can people get when it comes to this?

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Well, it seems that idiots are born every single day. Seriously, how dumb can people get when it comes to this?
    Screw off dude, I've been very bored recently, where I live has very crappy weather so I can't be outside often when it's raining (well, don't want to) and I can't find anything to do inside. I want to continue playing WoW but i'm so bored of the same content, so when I noticed an e-mail from Blizzard Entertainment that didn't look like a scam e-mail that i've been seen before, and the link was battle.net I went to it out of excitement entered my info in and then this. I came here looking for advice, hoping this was a true link to the beta and I get helpful information from most people but then some people like you come along.
    Anyway thanks to everyone that's been helpful.
    Also, Wild Turkey, I'm aware it's meant for feedback about things wrong with the beta, but doing new content with new talents is fun to me, even if it includes constantly trying to see whats wrong with the content and sending information about it.

Screw off dude, I've been very bored recently, where I live has very crappy weather so I can't be outside often when it's raining (well, don't want to) and I can't find anything to do inside. I want to continue playing WoW but i'm so bored of the same content, so when I noticed an e-mail from Blizzard Entertainment that didn't look like a scam e-mail that i've been seen before, and the link was battle.net I went to it out of excitement entered my info in and then this. I came here looking for advice, hoping this was a true link to the beta and I get helpful information from most people but then some people like you come along.
    Anyway thanks to everyone that's been helpful.
    Also, Wild Turkey, I'm aware it's meant for feedback about things wrong with the beta, but doing new content with new talents is fun to me, even if it includes constantly trying to see whats wrong with the content and sending information about it.
    Well, that's a nice post, but it doesn't negate the fact that you're essentially an idiot for following an obvious scam email to a website when Blizzard has clearly stated not to do so. Also, why do people like you continue to make threads on the forums when you clearly know that people could care less whether you got an invite, or whether you were hacked. If you have an issue with the game, then you should contact Blizzard instead of wasting our time and flooding the forums with these worthless posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrok View Post
    Well, that's a nice post, but it doesn't negate the fact that you're essentially an idiot for following an obvious scam email to a website when Blizzard has clearly stated not to do so. Also, why do people like you continue to make threads on the forums when you clearly know that people could care less whether you got an invite, or whether you were hacked. If you have an issue with the game, then you should contact Blizzard instead of wasting our time and flooding the forums with these worthless posts.
    Someone's a little unnecessarily combative.