Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Voltex123 View Post
    First man shooter games.
    hahaha. i will probably play real clock strategy stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Executed280 View Post
    Are you an idiot? Blizzards game wont kill Blizzards other game LMFAO. And they called Age of Conan, Warhammer, and Aion WoW Killers. They even called TBC and WoTLK WoW-killers. WoW will never die, face it.
    First of all, what's with the name calling? You feel better? Forget to kick some kittens today?

Second of all, no one ever officially called those games wow-killers. Media boosted that term up because they were pretty and people have always bitched about WoW's graphics. 15 minutes of research on any of those titles pre-release and any experienced MMO player would have been able to spot underachievers a mile away.

Old republic and Guild Wars 2 on the other hand, mark my words. They may not be "WoW killers" as more than half of WoW's community aren't even there for the mmo aspect anymore.. but they're sure as hell going to steal a huge chunk of the playerbase.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceazyface View Post
    1. Diablo 3 is not 'around the corner.'
    2. These games have about as much potential to kill WoW as Warhammer, Age of Conan, and Aion did i.e they WON'T kill WoW. End of story. The ONLY thing that will EVER be able to kill WoW is Blizzard. This is a fact.
    My mistake... I guess the way it looks you are right Blizzard *MAY* kill Wow with the new Diablo....

I heard real life has nice graphics, that or, APB.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohlins View Post
    I only shave my beard and balls.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is so Offtopic.

I probably will play GAMES. Like, ENTERTAINING GAMES.
    No matter which genre I choose.

Quote Originally Posted by Executed280 View Post
    Fix'd
    Actually. Incorrect. I -used- to play it alot. PAST TENSE.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    First of all, what's with the name calling? You feel better? Forget to kick some kittens today?

Second of all, no one ever officially called those games wow-killers. Media boosted that term up because they were pretty and people have always bitched about WoW's graphics. 15 minutes of research on any of those titles pre-release and any experienced MMO player would have been able to spot underachievers a mile away.

Old republic and Guild Wars 2 on the other hand, mark my words. They may not be "WoW killers" as more than half of WoW's community aren't even there for the mmo aspect anymore.. but they're sure as hell going to steal a huge chunk of the playerbase.
    People said the exact same thing about every other MMO that has come out after WoW. This is like people predicting the end of the Earth. OMG ITS ENDING IN 2000. not. OMG 06/06/06. not. OMG 2012!! not. omg 6666!! not.

I will probably try out the "next-gen-game" Blizzard is working on.

1. Starcraft II
    2. Diablo III
    3. CS:S I am just in love with CS:S I will always play it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    You completely left out Hydra

The new MMO Blizzard is working on, I predict they will release details this blizzcon, because they have nothing else to show us.
    Diablo III IS Hydra

My mistake... I guess the way it looks you are right Blizzard *MAY* kill Wow with the new Diablo....
    They are making a new MMO code named Hydra. I am guessing they will display it this year at blizzcon because they have thrown everything else at us.
    Diablo 3- We know about
    SC2- Released
    Cataclysm- We know about if not releases by then

Whats next?
    Starcraft 3?
    WoW: The emerald Dream?
    Starcraft Ghost?
    I am thinking Hydra will be announced and blizz will tell us the basics.

---------- Post added 2010-07-12 at 09:31 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by tarn View Post
    Diablo III IS Hydra
    No it isnt.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/company...tml?id=09000DH

"NEXT-GEN MMO"

A WoW Killer is a bit of a misnomer. The only thing that can really kill WoW is Blizzard. That said, there are games that can take away some players. But, it will take a new game and not a clone to make a real dent in the player base. That's part of the reason why WoW got so big. It was a departure from the MMO formula of the time. That as well as a strong setting.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic has perhaps the best chance I've seen in awhile. However, I'm not convinced it will be as huge of hit as some may think. I would like to get my hands on it, of course. But, the real question will be if there will be lasting appeal.

Voltex, you left me no choice..

How can you kill a game with your own game.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW will always have something that many of these other MMO's probably wont offer: optional RPG elements. You can start WoW without giving the slightest shit about teamwork, lore, perfecting your character, min/maxing... and still be able to see almost all of the content the game has to offer.

Blizzard has done a hell of a job hiding the math, and the dice rolls and pretty much everything D&D like about this game. Even the fantasy combat is masked with huge futuristic UI's and people jumping around like they're getting paid through their spacebar. It's pretty much an action adventure game now.

There's a huge community of wow players that will never be interested in the complexity of the more serious games.
    Mountains rise in the distance stalwart as the stars, fading forever.
    Roads ever weaving, soul ever seeking the hunter's mark.

MMORPG that ends lol , i dont think so

Did runescape die ? no... that game is evolving more and more and more... as sayd and mmo will die when a second version is coming of the main game cuz every player will go to the second version...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post

You must have not been around during Aion, Warhammer, or Age of Conan. It was the EXACT same shit.

The Aion hype got so bad there was a site rule to keep it to a stickied thread. Posting of it outside that thread would result in a ban. There was THAT much spam.

SW:TOR is different from WoW. It's Sci-Fi, and no matter how good Bioware makes it, it's still different than World of Warcraft. Some people just like Medieval Fantasy more than Star Wars. Will it take people away? Yeah. A large amount? Smart bets say 'no'. Keep in mind that I'm a HUGE Bioware fan and I'm saying this.

Guild Wars is made by a mediocre company and is shaping up to be as mediocre as Guild Wars 1. I find it funny that they had the nerve to criticize Blizzard when they made such an utterly average product.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

10+ Year Old Account
    going to play some "Real Life!"

Deleted
    age of empires ll

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Keep in mind that I'm a HUGE Bioware fan and I'm saying this.
    wow, this gives your arguments really more weight. wait...