DK Tank(abom driver)
    Feral Cat
    Unholy Dk
    Destro Lock
    Arcane Mage
    Hunter
    Disc Priest
    Holy Priest
    Resto Shammy(Can go Elly, been 3 healing while we learn).

The way we've been handling the plague is having a set rotation, like so: Lock -> Hunter -> Mage -> Shammy -> Disc -> Back to lock, etc.

Whoever the plague lands on, they just go to the next in the chain. If it lands on somebody outside like me(feral cat), I pass to the lock after 12s, etc. We have the people head to the door when it is time to pass.

Is there a better way to do this?

We sometimes get a lot of grief on the transitions with the plague. The way we handle this is everybody stack under the green tank(sans plague person) and explode the green slime, while the person targeted by orange kites. Sometimes, the green slime targets the plagued person which is out of the group, or the person has had the plague like 5-6s when the green slime spawns and after the first explosion we don't have enough time to grab it from them before they die.

Also, the timing of the plague, from what I've read seems to be random, but for us it seems very formulaic. It spawns right away, after 1m it seems to start against instantly, and then after that second plague falls off it is gone for 2 or so minutes. What have you guys seen?

Dont make a set rotation, Simply pass it on to the person who is closest to you (Asuming they dont have the debuff from the plauge) And people just communicate, Whenever their debuff is gone they make it clear that they can be given the disease to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Range handles disease, green slime + disease same target= RNG (try to handle it:S )

Do it with 3 healers is my suggestion (we did)

transition > stack up on green, nuke green > kite orange near Putri, kill orange and then you will have a few seconds to DPS putri before next phase

Its not that hard, but you need good alert healers, there is alot of RNG in the fight so just train it im sure you will kill him.

+GL and HF with Sindragosa HM shes a bitch

quick answer: don't fail.

have everybody read guides and watch a couple of vids from different povs.
    the boss is very very very easy with the 25% buff once people understands everything that's going on in the fight.

the onlything that really helps outside of that is to have everybody have a raid group addon (any serious raider should have one anyway, no matter his role in the raid). have that addon show the plague itself and the debuff it leaves behind, so people know who to pass it to.
    Last edited by Skollvaldr; 2010-07-12 at 03:10 PM.

we got the person who has the plague targeted alot by green ooze just have someone without the debuff run in take the plague and run outside of explosion range preferd healer that can heal himself through the damage

One thing that my guild did to help with the transition phases with the disease was to have the person with the disease and the person they will eventually pass it to (whoever is next in your rotation) stay away from the green add when it spawns. Then if the green add targets the person with the disease the person that gets it next can still pick up the disease (early, but they can just run under the diseased/targeted and get the disease to "reset" the amount of time you have until you have to worry about it.

If the person with the disease gets targeted with the orange add you normally don't have to start kiting right away. This can give you time to again pass it off a little early if you need to.

Also you have to learn to be able to adapt top certain situations as they arise. The green add targeted the disease person outside, and the orange add targeted the person that was supposed to take it from him? If you can have someone else pick the disease up (yourself included if there's no one else) even if its out of order. You do what you can to survive the transitions then get back under control.

Alternatively, you could always have the Holy priest stay out by the diseased person (since he isn't in the normal rotation he shouldn't ever have the debuff for the two transitions). If the priest gets targeted with the orange add then have you dash to the diseased person before the green add gets there. You can then give it off to whoever would have been next in line for the disease.

Hopefully this helps some.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I tank this fight, so I don't have to ever deal with the plague. However, what I've noticed in our Putricide attempts is that the first plague comes about ten seconds after the fight starts, then the second plague comes a little under a minute after that; the last person to have the first plague and the first person to have the second plague should have them at the same time, but only for a very short period of time. The timer on the plague seems to be reset when you have a phase change, so you'll have the third plague about fifty seconds after the start of phase two (when Putricide starts attacking your tank again).

DBM has a timer for the plague, by the way, which has been accurate in all of my attempts on Putricide heroic.

My guild also uses a set rotation, though we use everybody excluding the tanks. The person with the plague runs to the middle of the room, and the next person in the chain goes to stand close to them - when 12 seconds is up the person with the plague runs to the next person to pass the plague to them, and the process repeats.

We stack melee where the green ooze spawns, and ranged move to stack as well when the ooze spawns. However, the person with the plague, and the person after them in the chain, stay in the middle of the room so that they can pass it as normal. If the person with the plague gets targetted by the ooze, the person after them runs to them to get the plague prematurely, then moves away so the rest of the raid can stack up in that position. If the person who should be next gets targetted, the person after them in the chain takes the plague instead.

For handling the orange gas clouds, we do something similar. If the person with the plague is targetted, the next person takes the plague from them so they can kite. If the next person in the chain is targetted, they get skipped over.

I've heard it both ways, have a rotation and don't.

We did it without one and communicated on vent. Communication is key to managing the plague.

Once you can handle the plague, the rest is easy. Burn the green ooze as fast as possible during the transition, then switch to orange.