Thread: Pisses me off

Pisses me off

I quite recently dinged 80 on my warrior (Arnasam, Ravencrest EU). I'm quite decently geared, but I can never get into raids because people always want achievements for them...it really anooys me because I want to go to these places (especially Ulduar, I've never been) but it's always achi, achi, achi

Some guilds still run previous content weekly, but those guilds are few and far between.

You're not alone, I have yet to clear Ulduar for the same reason.

Deleted
    start up a group yourself and dont ask for achievements :') i'm always happy to tag up on alts on my spare time for such runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    dont know what to tell you, maybe start your own pug? or just lie and tell them you did it on a diff toon, but you know the fights.
    Your Add Here!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Deadmines, Westfall, Eastern Kingdoms, Azeroth

Just link the achievement, 90% of the time people don't even check it.

At this stage of the game, you basically have to either content yourself with gearing up via heroics (Can get 5000+ Gearscore with just badge gear), or find a guild of people like you that are gearing up via older content. I did that back in BC. Got into a guild that was halfway through Kara right when guilds where working on Sunwell.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    start up a group yourself and dont ask for achievements :') i'm always happy to tag up on alts on my spare time for such runs.
    I also find myself doing nothing and a raid, most of the time doesn't matter which one is a welcome sight.(qft)

On topic : I'm gonna have to recommend the easy way to gear up i'm afraid (and having raided ulduar since it got released that makes me SAD >.<). Run the icc 5mans heroic and normal diff get full 245(emblems)-232(emblems-tier/hc drops)-219(for the odd slots like neck and belt ie) then make or join a ToC pug. Rinse and repeat the toc part for a couple of weeks and you should have enough gear to get into an icc run(you can start by making your own run and stating it's an alt run so no achie needed , unless your server is full with baddies so that's a guaranteed fail).

If on the other hand you are looking for achies more than you're looking for gear but are aiming for a 2-in-1 raid then i'd say make your own. Most bored people will only need a presentable shout in order to be convinced (like me :P) so stuff like : "LFM ULDUAR 5K GS AND ACHIE NEEDED" are obviously not going to work. Try to call it an achierun/altrun/funrun/boredrun or even alt gearing run. Just ask them to know the fights or have a vague idea for the love of god don't ask for achies , it /shoo's people away.

hope i helped in one way or another (very tired and sleepy so if i'm not making sense ignore me /shrug).
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Look at your comment, now back to mine. Now back at your comment now back to mine. Sadly it isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through comments, writing the comment your could look like. What did you post? Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, the reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

cheers everyone :P I'll try some of those...hope they work...everyone's always going on about the epicness of Ulduar, I've only done Levy >.>

Like they said, make your own pug, or find a guild that is okay without doing achieves, but whats wrong with them anyways? as long as you succeed.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnasam View Post
    I quite recently dinged 80 on my warrior (Arnasam, Ravencrest EU). I'm quite decently geared, but I can never get into raids because people always want achievements for them...it really anooys me because I want to go to these places (especially Ulduar, I've never been) but it's always achi, achi, achi
    If you can't find a guild to run older content, then you're going to have tough time. PuGs for older raid tiers are generally created by people who don't have the gear to clear the content and want others to carry them to free loot - which is why they ask for achievements and obscene gearscores.

Honestly...Cata is coming soon...don't bother trying too hard to raid. Roll another alt...go achievement-hunting...or just run laps around Dalaran and troll in trade chat.

Deleted
    Under-Achiever.

I dont care what anyone else says. This addon is the reason my mage is no longer my alt but my main. It's also the reason I'm running ICC 25 man every week.

Yea fake achievs ftw.

it's best to start your own eaid, look up tactics ask people to help you lead it.

and for the icc part...i did the first 4 bosses with 4.5k gearscore and that was when icc was just released, long time before the buff.

nowadays i tend to do an icc alt run on my hunter , only requirements were 4.8k gs or higher and know tactics for the first 4 bosses

Underachiever, link 10man when ur going 25man and 25man when ur going 10man.

Heroics until fully badge geared, do weeklys and pick up some frost gear, pug icc10 or raid with guild, thank the stars when you are doing achieve runs.

That's what I did on my 4th 80 and I gotta say, feels good man.

Like someone send above me , make the group yourself, works every time for me. My druid has been 80 for about a week and a half and I got him to 5.2k GS (I also know how to play, in case anyone is wondering lol) just by making my own groups for everything after I had gotten all the emblem gear.