Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Time to work on pointless Old World achievements before stuff gets removed. I'm doing the Scepter of the Shifting Sands questline myself, and enjoying it to a surprising degree. As far as raiding, though, I wouldn't get my hopes up for the rest of the expansion.

Yeah we too have been failing. use to have 40 signups, no we barely get 25. This last month we stopped raiding 'cos of the World Cup now we start raiding again next week.
    Waiting eagerly for Cataclysm.

Without knowing you, you sound like a relatively new player in WOTLK? Unless you've been in a former guild that kept raiding non-stop every year.
    But for the majority of guilds this is normal.
    I've been raiding for 5 years and every year you will see this hibernation during summer + it just so happend that the expansion is some months away.
    Its simply just a combination of people having vacation, traveling and just wants to have a break and enjoy the fruits of summer (cold beers, drinks, beach parties, VM soccer, Tour de France and bikinis!)

ATM we can only muster 1 raid pr. week and often we have to rely on casuals and/or players from our friend-guild and to be honest, this suits me just fine - I too like to have some summer slack too.
    Only thing that freaked me out was 3 weeks ago. I needed 11 frostshards to complete guilds second Shadowmourne and the summer slack was already beginning to kick in... week after week I bit my nails and checked ingame calender conteniously to check signups.. somehow we managed to get raid going and finally where able to get the last shards. Phew.

/enjoy summer
    Last edited by jegerlee; 2010-07-13 at 07:27 AM.
    Does anyone else find it ironic that, as your virtual character gains experience, wealth and social stature, your reality character is losing the exact same things at the same rate?

done killing everything after tuesday and i already have my horsey. God this game is boring as shit.

It's pretty common to see things like you're going through OP, it's called end of the xpac burnout. People are tired of the old content (ICC has been out since December) and they know a new xpac is right around the corner. There's no longer any reason to raid, as all that gear will be replaced by level 81 greens. Have you seen some of the gear from Cata? It's almost laughable that I took 6 months off of WoW, came back now, and will take off until Cata and once I step into the first Cata zone, I'll have better gear then those people that have been playing through hard mode LK.

Blizzard just doesn't have the content to keep people interested at this point, and it makes those that are still interested suffer the consequences. You can either look for a new raiding guild that actually wants to do the content, sit back and find something to do, or do what a lot of people are doing and freeze your account until Cata ships or they release some new content that's worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Naesen View Post
    What are people going to do for 6+ months? sit in dalaran?
    Honestly, just unsubbed at the moment. I know a few people who do this as well.

I just prefer to stay updated by visiting MMO Champ every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    Welcome to the pre-expansion deadness.

It's happening on my server as well. We were low pop and poor off to begin with, now we have one guild left that runs 25m content.
    I like to call it pre-expansion depression.

It sounds like a real illness... And it kind of is, sort of.