Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordae View Post
    Belf has 8. They can not, and will never, be Druids or Shaman.

The argument that Belfs were not given warriors because they are a magic obsessed race is nonsense. Number one, giving them rogue just because they need to raise the rogue to race combination is ridiculous. So many people play rogues, why do we need yet another race to add to the amount?

Number two, their guards are warriors.

Number three, look at hunters. They don't use SPELLS, their use of mana is near irrelevant because of the nature of the class. That's exactly why our mana is being turned into a new energy source. In fact, if you ask a belf guard where the hunter trainers are, they make fun of you for being a animal humping nub.

Number four, someone has already said this once. EVERY race has someone willing to pick up a stick and bash in some face. No strings or mana attached. Period.
    How is that nonsense? I'm no lore freak but last time I checked they ended up on the horde because they have an obsession with magic.

The class thing actually makes sense.. lol. Speaking from Pre BC.

Dwarf-Rogue
    Gnome-Rogue
    Human-Rogue
    N.E-Rogue

Orc:Rogue
    Undead:Rogue
    Troll:Rogue
    Tauren: X

Face it , horde had one rogue less. Elven rogues go back to the days of oldskool roleplaying anyway so why are you so bugged out by this theory?

Sweet Jesus where have you been. Every race has gaurds. Otherwise you'd see a TON more world pvp. They decided to jump on the bandwagon and allow every race to be a warrior because just like you said everyone likes to pick up w/e and hit someone in the face. Also it naturally makes sense to be able to be a warrior , every race should have a means of fighting without mana to simply protect themselves.... right?
    Last edited by monstermaniac; 2010-07-13 at 06:03 AM.

Belf has 8. They can not, and will never, be Druids or Shaman.

The argument that Belfs were not given warriors because they are a magic obsessed race is nonsense. Number one, giving them rogue just because they need to raise the rogue to race combination is ridiculous. So many people play rogues, why do we need yet another race to add to the amount?

Number two, their guards are warriors.

Number three, look at hunters. They don't use SPELLS, their use of mana is near irrelevant because of the nature of the class. That's exactly why our mana is being turned into a new energy source. In fact, if you ask a belf guard where the hunter trainers are, they make fun of you for being a animal humping nub.

Number four, someone has already said this once. EVERY race has someone willing to pick up a stick and bash in some face. No strings or mana attached. Period.
    Curious to know how belfs could never be druids, I mean they were high elves that evolved from Nelfs right? surely with help from the taurens they could get that knowledge back :P

Quote Originally Posted by Brawley View Post
    has anyone even played TFT here? the draeni use stealth to get into Maghteridons Lair. Almost evry Draeni you play there is some sort of rogue class.
    There is no Lore reason why they shouldent be rogues
    Those are broken, Not actual draenei. You see by how akama looks that he has that weird thing that happened after the orcs wrecked shattrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monstermaniac View Post
    How is that nonsense? I'm no lore freak but last time I checked they ended up on the horde because they have an obsession with magic.

The class thing actually makes sense.. lol. Speaking from Pre BC.

Dwarf-Rogue
    Gnome-Rogue
    Human-Rogue
    N.E-Rogue

Orc:Rogue
    Undead:Rogue
    Troll:Rogue
    Tauren: X

Face it , horde had one rogue less. Elven rogues go back to the days of oldskool roleplaying anyway so why are you so bugged out by this theory?

Why would you bring up hunters if you yourself know they're changing the mechanics...

Sweet Jesus where have you been. Every race has gaurds. Otherwise you'd see a TON more world pvp. They decided to jump on the bandwagon and allow every race to be a warrior because just like you said everyone likes to pick up w/e and hit someone in the face. Also it naturally makes sense to be able to be a warrior , every race should have a means of fighting without mana to simply protect themselves.... right?
    I never said, or indicated, that belfs SHOULDN'T be rogues. I said, the argument that the only reason they got the class is the imbalance of rogues to race, is ridiculous. Gnomes were the only race that could only be 4 (pre-BC) classes. It really doesn't make sense that they would be so concerned about class to race balance, until Cataclysm, where they are evening out gnomes by giving them priest.

Yes, that's exactly the point. If their guards can be warriors, why couldn't players? It really isn't logical. Yes, belfs are magic obsessed. That still doesn't explain why the warrior class was restricted from them. If they can wear plate and they can do physical damage, they can be warriors.

The end.
    Last edited by Cordae; 2010-07-13 at 06:18 AM.
    Axetoface.

Gnomes were the only race that could only be 4 (pre-BC) classes.
    Tauren

I never said, or indicated, that belfs SHOULDN'T be rogues. I said, the argument that the only reason they got it is the imbalance of rogues to race, is ridiclous. Gnomes were the only race that could only be 4 (pre-BC) classes. It really doesn't make sense that they would be so concerned about class to race balance, until Cataclysm, where they are evening out gnomes by giving them priest.

Yes, that's exactly the point. If their guards can be warriors, why couldn't players? It really isn't logical. Yes, belfs are magic obsessed. That still doesn't explain why the warrior class was restricted from them. If they can wear plate and they can do physical damage, they can be warriors.

The end.
    You're terrible at debating.

The End.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still think it's because they're based on Goats and cows. 2 animals which don't sneak up on anything, that's why they can't be rogues :P

Um the blood elf guards are not warriors there Spell Breakers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Undyingchaos View Post
    Tauren
    Ah. Yep, you're right. I miscounted on the matrix because of DKs.

So, scratch the gnome half of that argument. It still doesn't make much sense that guards, littered all over the city, can be warriors while the players could not. That part still has no valid explanation to me. The mana obsession isn't a sound argument when compared to the fact they can be rogues, which is so far apart from mana wielders.

If it seriously is the only reason they gave belfs rogues? The ONLY reason? That's still ridiculous, on a different level.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by Himefang View Post
    Um the blood elf guards are not warriors there Spell Breakers.
    Proof/source? And I'll accept that answer. It would then make a lot more sense to me, why they restricted the class. Although it still doesn't explain the rogue/paladin half. Physical damage, plate, shields = warrior.

I'm not one of those people who can't be dissuaded from my opinion. I like explanations with valid points. If my own understanding gets discredited? I'm okay with that. As long as what I'm presented with is logical.
    Last edited by Cordae; 2010-07-13 at 06:46 AM.
    Axetoface.

Ah. Yep, you're right. I miscounted on the matrix because of DKs.

So, scratch the gnome half of that argument. It still doesn't make much sense that guards, littered all over the city, can be warriors while the players could not. That part still has no valid explanation to me. The mana obsession isn't a sound argument when compared to the fact they can be rogues, which is so far apart from mana wielders.

If it seriously is the only reason they gave belfs rogues? The ONLY reason? That's still ridiculous.
    Hey listen I understand where you're coming from , and yes even I said the same damn thing "Why are there gaurds protecting the city but this race cannot be a warrior?" , but seriously when it comes down to it. The Lore is like the most logical answer. Why wouldn't they throw this race the Warrior class for all these years. Ya know? The magic thing really does make sense , I mean YOU or I won't ever know if say Blizzard was thinking of going a Lore approach on races at the time. I mean it's 3 years later and now they have a storyline expanding the very foundation of the game which includes new classes on old races.

We can't even compare Vanilla WoW to the Recent WoW Right now , so much has changed like player base,etc. The Rogue thing I still think goes with classes but again that's up for debate (and I'm really not in the mood to debate it lmao).

I respect that you responded back so I'm gonna take my statement back from before

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brawley View Post
    has anyone even played TFT here? the draeni use stealth to get into Maghteridons Lair. Almost evry Draeni you play there is some sort of rogue class.
    There is no Lore reason why they shouldent be rogues
    TFT dranei are broken
    The major difference between a thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at and repair.

Douglas Adams

Though I have nothing against draenei rogues, if just one class were to be added for the race I'd rather see draenei warlocks.

There's one entry on wowhead that's always intrigued me:
    wowhead.com/npc=18815
    Exodar Proselyte
    "These NPCs had been warlocks-in-training some time pre-release. They went through drills commenting that with discipline they could control the shadow without becoming corrupt. I believe they stood by a now missing draenei warlock trainer."

I have no way to verify that this is true, but I makes me wonder. Maybe a similar hunter vs. warrior decision for blood elves happened for the draenei, and draenei warlocks didn't make the cut.

Deleted
    Let's be honest: Belfs were added because the horde needed a kewt race for the ladies and the sexually desperate in the first place. The Alliance got space goats because blizz felt like they needed a race with bigger shoulders and they already had female Nelfs and humans for them fap-fanatics. Still cannot understand why anyone would want to roll a belf, though. Their animations are plain ridiculous. Even their OP racial can't make up for that.

@ topic:
    "You gonna git more than you baggin foar!" *Berserking -> Chaosbolt*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rehe View Post
    Though I have nothing against draenei rogues, if just one class were to be added for the race I'd rather see draenei warlocks.

There's one entry on wowhead that's always intrigued me:
    wowhead.com/npc=18815
    Exodar Proselyte
    "These NPCs had been warlocks-in-training some time pre-release. They went through drills commenting that with discipline they could control the shadow without becoming corrupt. I believe they stood by a now missing draenei warlock trainer."

I have no way to verify that this is true, but I makes me wonder. Maybe a similar hunter vs. warrior decision for blood elves happened for the draenei, and draenei warlocks didn't make the cut.
    I think they're just priests

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proselyte

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by monstermaniac View Post
    Hey listen I understand where you're coming from , and yes even I said the same damn thing "Why are there gaurds protecting the city but this race cannot be a warrior?" , but seriously when it comes down to it. The Lore is like the most logical answer. Why wouldn't they throw this race the Warrior class for all these years. Ya know? The magic thing really does make sense , I mean YOU or I won't ever know if say Blizzard was thinking of going a Lore approach on races at the time. I mean it's 3 years later and now they have a storyline expanding the very foundation of the game which includes new classes on old races.

We can't even compare Vanilla WoW to the Recent WoW Right now , so much has changed like player base,etc. The Rogue thing I still think goes with classes but again that's up for debate (and I'm really not in the mood to debate it lmao).

I respect that you responded back so I'm gonna take my statement back from before
    Well, in the end, it's true. No one can directly give us the reason behind the decision (silly as it may be) unless a Blizzard employee marched in here and explained it themselves. I'd probably want to argue logic with them too. Regardless, they are giving Belfs the warrior class NOW, and it makes plenty of sense to me that they would.

Lore probably is the reason. Some weird, goofy pocket of lore that I have yet to understand. There are plenty of things in this game that just ARE because lore says so, and not for logical reasons. I probably should stop trying to find the logic in every reasoning. But, you know.
    Axetoface.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post
    Let's be honest: Belfs were added because the horde needed a kewt race for the ladies and the sexually desperate in the first place. The Alliance got space goats because blizz felt like they needed a race with bigger shoulders and they already had female Nelfs and humans for them fap-fanatics. Still cannot understand why anyone would want to roll a belf, though. Their animations are plain ridiculous. Even their OP racial can't make up for that.

@ topic:
    Well While I agree B.E Were added for a beautiful race on Horde. I remember watching an interview with some blizzard workers (again this was like 3 years ago) where they stated the Draenei were added so the alliance would have a "big" race. Which when you think about it , does fit the bill and kinda rides on your shoulder concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Akhom View Post

@ topic:
    each addition of a race beyond from making sense in lore also to balance the types of races.
    Goblins added to horde to have the midget race
    Blood elfs to have a cute race
    draenei to fill in the Big race
    Worgen to have a "Monster" race(tauren being the other)

Quote Originally Posted by Azalu View Post
    I think they're just priests
    Maybe. Draenei priests start wearing acolyte's robe, something only warlocks start wearing. Every other races priests start wearing neophyte's robe.

Also, rogue pvp sets are called vestments. Maybe rogues are priests too.
    Last edited by rehe; 2010-07-13 at 07:08 AM.

Well, in the end, it's true. No one can directly give us the reason behind the decision (silly as it may be) unless a Blizzard employee marched in here and explained it themselves. I'd probably want to argue logic with them too. Regardless, they are giving Belfs the warrior class NOW, and it makes plenty of sense to me that they would.

Lore probably is the reason. Some weird, goofy pocket of lore that I have yet to understand. There are plenty of things in this game that just ARE because lore says so, and not for logical reasons. I probably should stop trying to find the logic in every reasoning. But, you know.
    Yep pretty much. Funny thing is I'm one of the advocaters of non-logic thought. There's too many uptight players who post on here proclaiming this game needs an explanation for everything because they're lorefruits lol. I just thought the B.E one was a given but again I guess no one's right or wrong.The irony is I'm gonna most likely race change my Warrior into one because I really don't like Blood Elves and I was heavily disappointed with them , but for some reason a non magic based Blood Elve works well in my mind. I think back to like all those old style rpgs with Elven Warriors and I think it's bad ass. Yeah super nerdy..but whatever, and I REALLY hate night elfs lmao. I always wanted a horde warrior anyway.

TFT Draenei may indeed be Broken, but how'd Draenei learn Shamanism? From Nobundo, a broken.