Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Bye Bye DW DK tanks...

I know, I know the Cata X pac is still far and nothing is set in stone... yet. However, so far from the news that's been pouring in seems like Dual wielding DK tanks are going to be obsolete. As a DW DK tank, the only reason I rolled DK was so I can DW tank, I love the feel. We Blood becoming the only viable tanking spec, I just wanted to know if there was anyone else out there that rolled DK specifically cause they loved the DW tanking capabilities. At the moment my DK is on Standby, once I get confirmation that DW tanking is no longer viable am probably not going to be playing him anymore... -1 tank.
    In life pain is mandatory; Suffering however, is optional...
    Source: Naruto

Dw is such a weak option anyway get with the times and roll blood

Nobody's stopping you from still DW tanking. Sure your threat is going to be terrible DW tanking from the blood tree, but that didn't really stop many people before the mechanics/runeforge changes that made DW finally viable as frost.

It isn't set in stone that they won't somehow allow Blood to dual wield tank, but it is completely set in stone that it will be a Blood tank tree.

OP, what is your signature supposed to say?
    Last edited by Foibles; 2010-07-13 at 07:44 AM.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Foibles View Post
    OP, what is your signature supposed to say?
    Don't fuck with the mods of the official forums. I once got banned for saying "fap". Was classified as "inapropriate language". If "inapropriate language" was a serious offense, there would be only 100 out 10 mil posters still allowed to post there. But when a mod is on PMS rage, nothing will stand in his way.

Oh. I thought the red letters were supposed to be some interesting message. (But yep, I've been permabanned on the official forums)

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

I rolled a DK especially for dual wield, but then dps. So im fine.
    Imo tanking as DK sucks anyway; tanking without a shield. Dont make me laugh.

Either way, im quite content with the change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    Both DK and Bears would disagree with you.

http://joekey.deviantart.com Sig by Lilliputia! <3

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me your guilds icc MT that DW tanks as frost. Only see DW DK tanks in heroics, so not many will miss it.

---------- Post added 2010-07-13 at 01:12 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by psycon View Post
    I rolled a DK especially for dual wield, but then dps. So im fine.

Either way, im quite content with the change.
    DS with 6k heals + per hit says other wise. Have not tanked in awhile so that number may be higher in icc 25 heroic gear.

And nothing of value was lost.

They admitted that the "all trees could tank or dps" design idea was too hard to implement and balance and not quite fair for other tanking classes who had separate trees for DPS...

If anything they are just bringing DK trees back to the same level as the other classes.

There are always casualties to specs/play styles with this big of a change, but it's a necessary evil to foster better game balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    Don't fuck with the mods of the official forums. I once got banned for saying "fap". Was classified as "inapropriate language". If "inapropriate language" was a serious offense, there would be only 100 out 10 mil posters still allowed to post there. But when a mod is on PMS rage, nothing will stand in his way.
    I'll drink to that. I am not only banned but perma-banned for, and I quote "If it took them an extra week for this display, I wouldn't be holding your breath for more any time soon." (In regards to the initial Cataclysm Paladin preview.) No one will even review the ban or tell me exactly where I broke some golden rule to warrant such a response either so I guess I hurt some blue's fragile ego.

i do enjoy DW taking just be cause it is the easier spec, when running heroics and what not...pull like 2-3 groups and just AoE makes everything very fast..but when it come to single target taking its just so much easier to be blood, but keep in mind that the devs said that they wanted all tank classes to be able to tank a heroic, such as an arms warrior or a ret pally just put on a shield and a 2.5+ weapon. if this is true i can see frost DKs being able to just switch to FP and go AoE crazy in a heroic.

but yes i am sad that frost tanking is going away i enjoy being the tank that just helps with trash and being a 3rd tank when its needed but DPSing most of the time.
    Last edited by Circuit; 2010-07-13 at 01:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    And nothing of value was lost.
    Exactly haha.

They never said that they wanted people to be able to tank heroics while specced and geared for dps. A tank spec hasn't really been required at any point this expansion so this is nothing new.

A tank spec hasn't really been required at any point this expansion so this is nothing new.
    The first level 80's running heroics definitely needed tank specs. Lets not pretend the entire expansion was 3.3 mmk?

No they didn't, wotlk heroics have not ever been hard for good players.

I enjoy DW tanking and the extra aoe's from frost makes it faceroll.
    Just remember bliz is looking at making dungeons tougher and looking at bringing back cc in some cases, I'm all for using cc and pulling/killing a certain mob first.

No they didn't, wotlk heroics have not ever been hard for overgeared players.
    fix'd

It has nothing to do with gear.