Question Intellect to Spell power?

Doesn't Int convert to SP in Cata? If so, how exactly does it convert?

Int does contert into SP in cataclysm but i dont know what the formular of the conversion is as of yet

1:1 ratio.
    Int to mana conversion rate is lowered though.

Ok, now I'm really confused. If it's a 1:1 ratio, then please explain this to me?
    The Int on the Elementium Spellblade (cannot link due to member rank reasons, but if you google Elementium Spellblade, it is the second link), a lvl 359 item has +146 Intellect. That would give +146 spell power, correct?

However, on a current weapon from the live version, a lvl 264 dagger gives you nearly 7x as much spell power (Wrathful Spellblade, for example).
    Last edited by numufu; 2010-07-13 at 09:18 AM.

it still seems to be 1 int = 15 mana, judging from some screenshots, peoples mana went up quite a bit

Quote Originally Posted by numufu View Post
    Ok, now I'm really confused. If it's a 1:1 ratio, then please explain this to me?
    The Int on the Elementium Spellblade (cannot link due to member rank reasons, but if you google Elementium Spellblade, it is the second link) has +146 Intellect. That would give +146 spell power, correct?

However, on a current weapon from the live version, a lvl 264 dagger gives you nearly 6x as much spell power (Wrathful Spellblade, for example).
    Weapons still have bonus spellpower. So I guess it adds the bonus spellpower plus the intellect as spellpower. Other items (armor) only have intellec.

Quote Originally Posted by numufu View Post
    The Int on the Elementium Spellblade (cannot link due to member rank reasons, but if you google Elementium Spellblade, it is the second link) has +146 Intellect. That would give +146 spell power, correct?

However, on a current weapon from the live version, a lvl 264 dagger gives you nearly 6x as much spell power (Wrathful Spellblade, for example).
    Those items are bugged, the spellpower will be added in a later build. Some items (like jewelcrafters rings) don't have any stats at all.

Deleted
    Isn't it only armor that doesn't have SP in cataclysm? I'm sure i've seen weapons with SP in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Noire View Post
    Weapons still have bonus spellpower. So I guess it adds the bonus spellpower plus the intellect as spellpower. Other items (armor) only have intellec.
    It didn't have bonus spell power, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjeska View Post
    Those items are bugged, the spellpower will be added in a later build. Some items (like jewelcrafters rings) don't have any stats at all.
    That could explain it. If they are bugged, that makes sense.

Thanks for clearing that up.

Weapons will still have spellpower on them so they will be important for casters.
    Just like melee DPS gets major boost from new weapon, spellcasters will also get something like that cause of insane ammounts of SP on it.

I even think i saw a caster weapon with armor penetration on it, cant seem to find it now though so i might have been misstaken. All stats on items are placeholders atm, some bad placeholders, some better placeholders.