magenhancement vs. anything with a rogue

so im an enh shaman (circuitz on stonemaul if you wanna look up my toon) and me any my friend; a mage do 2s together now we can stomp any cloth team and we generally do good against healer/DPS teams but if there is a rogue im dead...so far my strat has become:
    drop EB,magma,grounding,cleansing and wait for the rogue to open, once he opens i start spamming war stomp, once i get war stomp off i do wolfs and lust. the only problem is by that time im usually at about 20% health and i haven't been able to do anything, then once im out of the stun lock the rogue will evasion and so i cant get any swings in further preventing me from doing anything.

im really just looking for any advice for enh vs. rogue.
    P.S. we played 10 games last night, and 8 of them were rogue teams.

Are you popping SR when the rogue opens on you to reduce the dmg? if he's popping evasion when you're free pop frost shock on him cast EB (maybe even hex him or get the mage to root/sheep the rogue), ghost wolf and get as far away as you can till you can get yourself fully healed. This will also force the rogue to pop his cloak of shadows. The rogue will probably vanish in an attempt to pop you again, SR should be close to being up, and time a trinket pop after he kidney shots you. Personally I would save wolves until after his evasion, or he's used his vanish.

yes i SR as soon as he opens, ok yeh i have thought that saving wolfs might work but i always wanna get BL up ASAP for my mage and i also wanna have my wolfs get BL too..i guess i will try sacrificing my wolfs getting BL for after "rogue bulls shit round 2"

You can save lust for after the rogue has blown his CDs as well when you pop your wolves.

I understand you wanna have your mage partner burn down whatever the rogue's partner is(or the rogue himself) it would probably be easier to have you both benefit from the lust, which YOU won't if the rogue has evasion/CoS available to him.
    Last edited by morphosys; 2010-07-13 at 03:23 PM.

Alright, I really dont like helping enhancement shamans, but let this be an exeption.

As soon as you see its a rogue team, run in and have your mage pop Water Elemental and put it to attack vs the rogue's partner that isnt stealthed. Even if the water elemental aint in combat yet, and just started moving, this will "count" as a weird kind of combat and the mage is unsappable. As soon as the mage gets his pet over and propperly gets in combat buff him with Water Breathing to get yourself in combat aswell. Now none of you can be sapped.
    Have your mage standing almost on top of you (dont use magma or searing totem, use flametongue for this). As soon as the rogue opens, your mage should nova him, and deep freeze him. If the rogue plays with a dispeller, have the mage cone of cold him in the deep freeze aswell. This stacks up a ton of debuffs on the rogue so its hard to dispell the Deep Freeze. While he's in deep freeze, have the mage start casting Poly Morph on him. If the rogue trinkets the deep freeze, let the polymorph cast go through and have him sheeped. If he doesnt drinket, stop cast the polymorph and recast another incase he trinkets abit slow. During the deep freeze you should be able to get away and heal up the small amount of damage you maybe took. If he did trinket the deep freeze, he sits in a long polymorph instead that will be hard to dispell cause of nova, cone of cold, winter's chill and those debuffs up on him. Its guaranteed distance.

If you didnt sheep him cause he didnt trinket the deep freeze, hex him after you healed up and recovered and have your mage sheep the rogue's partner. Unleash on the rogue in the hex where he cant use vanish, cloak or evasion that can fuck you up. He will probably do so as soon as the hex breaks however. Then start frost shock and nova kiting until sheep diminish returns are back up on the rogue, and deep freeze is up again.
    Then you either sheep/hex the rogue and kill his partner in a deep freeze with wolves up, or you sheep his partner and finish of the rogue.

Hope this helps and gives you a few ideas of what you can do. Ofcourse everything is situational to whatever happens and you might have to change strat if something unusual happens.
    But to survive the rogue you will need good peepling from the mage. Luckilyf or you, mage are one of the absolute best classes to peel with If played right.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Dozzie View Post
    Alright, I really dont like helping enhancement shamans, but let this be an exeption.
    why? cuz literally all of them face roll with hunter?

also thanks for the advice. ill make sure my partner reads this so he understands what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Circuit View Post
    why? cuz literally all of them face roll with hunter?

also thanks for the advice. ill make sure my partner reads this so he understands what to do.
    Why? Cause I think enhancement shamans, hunters and shadow priests should be removed from the game, or atleast the pvp scene. Not cause they are op, or cause they counter me. But because they destroy all thats fun about pvp, and really aint fun to play with or against.

But since I noticed your problem was a mage/shaman problem, and not a enhance problem, I thought, why not

Another quick fix that I've used (won't help as much in higher ratings) is to use a macro to swap your OH with a shield as soon as you know the other team is packing a rogue (or maybe feral druid). The extra 7-9k armor will help a lot on that opener and give you enough breathing room for your partner to peal.