Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Attention whore needs attention!
    Yes you are still the worst moderator on these forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by mistuhbull View Post
    So unless you have a source besides your rectum, we'd appreciate if you didn't spread misinformation

Quote Originally Posted by Netram View Post
    Yes you can, more maps = different strategies required just like PVE

So should PVP, playing 1 map isn't fun and has been redundant for 4 years

So should PVP, of course you need variety. More maps = more fun. Why don't you get this?

You are so god damn dumb it hurts, why can't you read? You queue for a game type and the game puts a pool of 10 players in a random map. It doesn't affect queue times one bit.

No it doesn't, you get WSG at 20, AB at 30 (or something), AV at 50, EOTS at 60 and SOTA and 70.

Sit down and be quiet, having more BG maps is positive for the game experience, you are a delusional blizzard fanboy if you seriously think that it is negative to the game by having more BG maps. This is a good thing; plain and simple. If you disagree, you're retarded.
    umad?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    "The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are real." ~Abraham Lincoln

Why so angry? It's not like you can only play WSG when lvl 10-19 for a benefit and then you cant anymore, which is the case of all instances and raids. And Wow is pve based anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of pvp based mmo games out there for you to play if you don't like Wow

Blizzard REALLY need to start shipping full price games with 5-6 BG maps for each gametype.
    When this game originally shipped there were no BG's, and when BG's were first introduced, there was no cross server action so que times were horrendous for alliance players.

I'm pretty sure a majority of players don't play this game for the hard core BG's aspect. The hard core PvPer's participate in the Arenas and the rest raid or roll alts.

Quote Originally Posted by netram View Post
    we am legion
    Quote Originally Posted by blizzard
    i are the result of decades of research, development, and broad experience in the pc gaming industry.
    ^epic batol

Well since you added every little PvE spot and not PvP heres some more PVP

Warsong Gultch
    Wintergrasp
    The Circle of Blood ( Arena )
    Dalaran Sewers ( Arena )
    Ruins of Loadaeran ( Arena )
    The Ring of Trials ( Arena )
    The Ring of Valor ( Arena )
    Guburashi Arena ( STV the PvP there is far from dead on my server and its a pve server)
    Duels out front of Org / Stormwind / Ironforge ( always poppin on my server )
    For The Horde ( There is atleast 10 a week on my server. yes that is possible bosses respawn pretty fast)

Future:

Tol Barad.
    The Battle for Gilneas
    Twin Peaks
    And every spot where it is alliance vs horde NPC wise ( no matter what you say there will be pvp)

Mabey your server sucks balls but for mine being a PvE there is no lack of world pvp even with a VERY small ratio of alliance. If your a true PvPer youll find it and if not pick a new game

Yes it did launch with PVP servers. Of course it did.
    No no it didnt pvp servers where not implemented to the thrid patch sorry to dissappoint you on that

Now do you need more maps NO would more maps make the PVP community happier Some of them jsut like Twinks Oh everyone(not) begged for being allowed to twink yet what has happend to the Twink community it went pretty much by the way side there are a few places you can still get twink bgs but as blizz proved Twinks were in the minority.

Most people that pvp are satisfied witht eh number of MAPS they want more exciting TYPES you sir are in the minority that just want more maps to storke your epeen if you want a PVP game with more maps stick to COD or SOF :P

What they need is to make every current map mean something now but This is and always has been a PVE oriented game there is more pve related content cause thats the INTENT of the game PVP (bgs, arena, Wintergrasp and now rated BGS were added to ENhance your game play experience NOT to make this a pvp game)

Quote Originally Posted by Jedistene View Post
    What you don't seem to notice is that COD has hundreds of millions of players that only want to PVP while WoW has only 13 million players and only half want to do PVP. So it would take forever to get into a BG and Blizzard doesn't have the servers to combine all battlegroups.
    http://kotaku.com/5169184/so-how-man...call-of-duty-4

Hundreds of millions?

Quote Originally Posted by Laava View Post
    Why so angry? It's not like you can only play WSG when lvl 10-19 for a benefit and then you cant anymore, which is the case of all instances and raids.
    That may be, but if they just made five dungeons and had them auto-level with you over 80 levels, you can't tell me you wouldn't get bored of that, can you? PvP has the element of being different every time due to the specific players you are against, but by that same token Violet Hold is different every time due to randomizing a set pool of bosses. But only having Violet Hold from 10 to 80 would suck balls.

And Wow is pve based anyways, I'm sure there are plenty of pvp based mmo games out there for you to play if you don't like Wow
    Yeah, it's one of those 'If yew dun liek amurricah th'n yew c'n GIT AOUT' situations to a lot of people. Even so, the only reasonable opposition I can see from PvE in doing this is that it might detract from PvE development time. I mean, other than that, more BG maps per the OP suggestion doesn't really hurt the average player, does it?

Unless, of course, you were dead set on getting that BG rep achievement, but TBH making that a Feat of Strength would be okay with meh.
    Freakin' infraction points...how do they work?!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedistene View Post
    What you don't seem to notice is that COD has hundreds of millions of players that only want to PVP while WoW has only 13 million players and only half want to do PVP. So it would take forever to get into a BG and Blizzard doesn't have the servers to combine all battlegroups.
    Is it that difficult to either think or read? :>

IF you have ever played CoD or any fps game with different game types, you would know how it works. How it would work is simple, for example the "Capture the flag mode" would have more maps, with different terrain, layout, story, etc., not just one map (WSG). So you dont need more people, the players queue up, get in and the server randomizes a map for Capture the flag etc.

forumshave different size text so I can type like a dickhead.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakavys View Post
    I agree 100%, Warhammer shipped with ~12 scenarios and thats more than WoW has in 6 years.
    That could be because Warhammer at its core is a PVP game. WoW never has been a PvP game. It has always been PvE focused with PvP thrown in for additional gameplay.

Adding additional maps wouldn't change a thing except for aesthetics and frankly they aren't worth the investment of resources to design. It isn't as simple as building a flat plain with two separate keeps for a CTF game. All paths to and from the flags in each keep must be the exact same or you will have whiners crying that the Horde has to go an extra 6 feet like they have in AV for the last 5 years. Blizzard has to build an equal environment but still make it graphically and environmentally dynamic or else everyone will bitch about it being plain. Blizzard has little to no incentive to add additional maps.

Also the people thinking it would increase queue times must be incredibly stupid. Instead of being listed as WSG, AB, etc. it would be CTF, Domination, etc. and put you in a random location.

How many of those battlegrounds are already underpopulated ?
    Creating more simply makes the problem worse.
    The game is primarily around pve content, since if you bother to look it was several major patches before battlegrounds were introduced, and arena a considerable time later.
    WORLD of Warcraft, not BATTLE of Warcraft.
    It is about the world, not a few instanced pvp zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are missing a point here... PvP maps are very easy to create, easier then pve dungeons, i rather have few maps with lots of people then dozens of empty maps.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jakj View Post
    /served. I love people who make grossly inflated statements with no evidence to back up their claim and then get totally destroyed by actual data.

WoW is PVE oriented game with PVP as an addition, so gtfo.

I agree with adding some more maps for each BG type. Just as long as we don't get CTF with vehicles.

Personally, I don't play Strand of the Ancients, Isle of Conquest, and Wintergrasp because they are really vehicle-oriented, and I hate their vehicle system. I just don't find it fun in any way, shape, or form. From what I've seen, Blizzard is putting vehicles into the new WG. I probably won't be playing it.
    Last edited by Uhrmacher; 2010-07-13 at 04:15 PM.

I actually agree with this one, how are they supposed too have their "Oh we reimplent Old PvP Ranks in cataclysm and advertise with it" , if they are jus gonna introduce 1 new BG? Give us at least 10 - 15 new maps , they earn enough cash each month too wipe all employees asses with cash....

Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Well since you added every little PvE spot and not PvP heres some more PVP

Warsong Gultch
    Wintergrasp
    The Circle of Blood ( Arena )
    Dalaran Sewers ( Arena )
    Ruins of Loadaeran ( Arena )
    The Ring of Trials ( Arena )
    The Ring of Valor ( Arena )
    Guburashi Arena ( STV the PvP there is far from dead on my server and its a pve server)
    Duels out front of Org / Stormwind / Ironforge ( always poppin on my server )
    For The Horde ( There is atleast 10 a week on my server. yes that is possible bosses respawn pretty fast)

Future:

Tol Barad.
    The Battle for Gilneas
    Twin Peaks
    And every spot where it is alliance vs horde NPC wise ( no matter what you say there will be pvp)

Mabey your server sucks balls but for mine being a PvE there is no lack of world pvp even with a VERY small ratio of alliance. If your a true PvPer youll find it and if not pick a new game
    There you got ur pvp content, not the puny 5 battlegrounds u said u only had.
    And there will probably ship in some new arena or so in a content patch, like 4.1 or something.
    "Death is the solution to all problems" - Joseph Stalin

10+ Year Old Account
    In my opinion, I play BGs because of the lore. I can feel what its like to be fighting alongside the Dwarves in Alterac, while the Horde fight to protect the homeland of their leader Thrall. It adds flavor to the BGs and allows us immersion into the world. While many players likely do not care about such lore, I for one find it the main reason why we dont need so many BGs. Ill admit, Tol Barad and Wintergrasp and Isle of Conquest are lacking in Lore, but they still give you that feeling of helping the alliance, or Horde, be it your faction. My point is that 20 or some odd BGs would indeed turn into a CoD type setting where people would pick favorite maps and ignore the rest, or, should they random into one, they win/lose, and then queue for another without really feeling like they accomplished anything special.

Doesnt it feel good to be running in that final flag in WSG while the Horde bear down on you, earning the Night Elves momentary control of their forest, or Capping that last flag in EoTS so that the Draenei can reclaim their ruins and homeworld for a time?

There is story behind the BGs, and I think have 20 different ones, so soon, would destroy that flavor to our current BGs, even if I am one of few who actually follow it.