Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post

that being said, i'm STILL waiting for someone to explain what is more fun about frost than fire or arcane.
    Blue stuff and a little blueberry to call your own. I wish I could name him. I'd name him Fluffy. And we'd dance, and sing and cure the homeless of their disease!

For reference, I'd never roll frost. Unless I felt like going brain dead in a raid
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

cold snap isn't a DPS CD.
    How is it not a DPS CD if you use it right you get 2 Deep Freezes out of one proc of FoF, and have your IV ready again. You say that it's a waste of Ice Block/Barrier, how often are you using them in Pve anyway. Cold snap also gets rid of GCD when you use it as well. In long fights you can also use it more than once. So what it doesn't do something like increases damage by X% for Y seconds well that's again why I'm saying that Frost is more interesting and fun, you know, if you like fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post

Try out PvE frost, if you think your good enough, it's a blast beating people in damage with a spec people don't think is any good for PvE
    Spamming frostbolt is hard? I know there is a little more to it than that, but it's still incredibly easy.
    R.I.P Ronnie James Dio 1942 - 2010

and how is current frost actually "fun"? the main complaint against the spec is it's mindfuck boring rotation. in case you didn't know, that rotation is frostbolt spam and deep freeze once every 30 seconds, assuming FoF is up. basically, it's less interactive and dynamic than the arcane rotation.
    Just because you don't find something "fun" doesn't mean someone else wouldn't. Who cares if the guy wants to raid as Frost?

im pretty sure you need to gear a certain way for arcane vs fire, how does frost prefer stats differently, and couldn't that be part of why it would be harder to play w/o the right type of gear?

15+ Year Old Account
    How is it not a DPS CD if you use it right you get 2 Deep Freezes out of one proc of FoF, and have your IV ready again. You say that it's a waste of Ice Block/Barrier, how often are you using them in Pve anyway. Cold snap also gets rid of GCD when you use it as well. In long fights you can also use it more than once. So what it doesn't do something like increases damage by X% for Y seconds well that's again why I'm saying that Frost is more interesting and fun, you know, if you like fun.
    did you not read the sentence directly after what you quoted? because it pretty much covers everything you said.

also, i HAVE tried frost and found it to be terrible DPS which made me not want to play it.

as to the whole "when do you use ice block in PvE?" remark...heroic festergut.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    having wrong glyphs and professions on the other hand does. i don't care if your GS is 9000 or 4000, if you have gathering professions and shitty glyphs on your main, then you are bad at that class. sorry. jesus, do people get this pissed off at their teachers when they get a D+ on their test? take responsibility for your own shit once in a while and quit trying to shift fail onto others.
    Wrong glyphs? If you are counting my warrior as my main (tbh I don't have a main, how can I if I play with the one I feel like I wan't to), I'd say the glyph of cleave is the only one to be changed for heroic strike one, but why would I? I use Cleave 150 times more than heroic strike, works better for what I do. And wrong proffs? How in the world can they be wrong? They were added to the game just for shits and giggles and not be used by anyone, any time? This isn't EJ forum.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by beforememory View Post
    im pretty sure you need to gear a certain way for arcane vs fire, how does frost prefer stats differently, and couldn't that be part of why it would be harder to play w/o the right type of gear?
    frost gears almost identical to arcane, it just needs to equip 3% more hit.

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 08:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    Wrong glyphs? If you are counting my warrior as my main (tbh I don't have a main, how can I if I play with the one I feel like I wan't to), I'd say the glyph of cleave is the only one to be changed for heroic strike one, but why would I? I use Cleave 150 times more than heroic strike, works better for what I do. And wrong proffs? How in the world can they be wrong? They were added to the game just for shits and giggles and not be used by anyone, any time? This isn't EJ forum.
    glyph of flash of light, glyph of incinerate, glyph of cleaving, no minor glyphs in almost all you specs, gathering profs should be on one to two alts, not on every played character. you say this isn't EJ, well it should be. i'm sorry for trying to keep a certain level of finesse and decorum on these forums. do you go to college asking to be taught high school courses? or that teachers shouldn't tell you that you fail simply to spare your feelings?

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 08:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nsupra27 View Post
    Just because you don't find something "fun" doesn't mean someone else wouldn't. Who cares if the guy wants to raid as Frost?
    his guild? i don't know, do you let your arms warriors tank bosses? or your enhancement shaman heal them? bringing a terrible DPS spec to a raid is like pulling out your dick and slapping the rest of the raid. as has been said, it may be your $15 a month, but it's the raids $360 that trumps that.
    BfA Beta Time

10+ Year Old Account
    glyph of flash of light, glyph of incinerate, glyph of cleaving, no minor glyphs in almost all you specs, gathering profs should be on one to two alts, not on every played character. you say this isn't EJ, well it should be. i'm sorry for trying to keep a certain level of finesse and decorum on these forums. do you go to college asking to be taught high school courses? or that teachers shouldn't tell you that you fail simply to spare your feelings?
    What should I use instead of Cleave in 5mans that would make me better? Same with Flash of Light? What are those things that minor glyphs make me so much better when I do 5mans? What are the professions that make me alot better in 5mans? The reason I have so many gathering professions is the fact that I cba to use my time to do dailys or start playing AH to make money and buy stuff from others. And tbh I use any profession so little, that it doesn't really matter at all.

And your school-analogue is stupid. This problem you're having with my characters are closer to something like "I'm going to an electrical engineer in school and I'm going to get alot of courses in the language-department just because someone said that knowing the languege of the ancient greek makes me a better person".

Edit: Oh yea, since I'm bad cause I don't have all the possible minor glyphs, I'm also bad cause I don't wear a shirt on all of my characters?

Edit number 2: Btw, what should I use instead of Glyph of Incinerate?
    Last edited by Kilpi; 2010-07-16 at 08:54 PM.

as to the whole "when do you use ice block in PvE?" remark...heroic festergut.
    Unchained Magic.

I did read your sentence about Cold Snap not being a dps CD, but I didn't agree.

And yes I know you need to Ice Block on occasion, but you will have it up if you are Fire or Arcane so if you blow your Cold Snap for more DPS you will still have Ice block when you need it if you are Frost.

Sorry that you hate a spec you couldn't get good at, sometimes you have to actually try to get good at something though.

a good player will always beat a bad one, but i for one does not wanna compete with them furthest down on dmg meters. its bad as it is to see all them fkn legendary warriors topping the meters. only a fiew fights left where mages can win now :<

15+ Year Old Account
    I did read your sentence about Cold Snap not being a dps CD, but I didn't agree.

And yes I know you need to Ice Block on occasion, but you will have it up if you are Fire or Arcane so if you blow your Cold Snap for more DPS you will still have Ice block when you need it if you are Frost.

Sorry that you hate a spec you couldn't get good at, sometimes you have to actually try to get good at something though.
    so we go from me not being able to call people bad for playing frost to being called bad myself for not wanting to play it. know what? fine, fuck it. i'll raid saurfang as frost this upcoming week and post my meters. i suggest you do the same so we can put your whole debate to rest and i can have a nice sip of some good cognac as i chuckle at my monitor.
    BfA Beta Time

Deal if you will wear comparable gear as me. My character's name is the same as my forum name so have at.

15+ Year Old Account
    not only was that not part of the original debate, it's also impossible.
    BfA Beta Time

We can't compare unless we have comparable gear so there would be no point to post meters.

Hey lvl 40 guy I bet I can do more damage than you. Look at that I did more damage than you I'm going to fap to my meters now cus I'm so good

-Swizzle

15+ Year Old Account
    so now i'm bad because i don't have bad gear? know what? i'm bad for finishing high school, i'm bad for going to college, i'm bad for going to china, i'm bad for being from europe, i'm bad for enjoying a nice life, i'm bad for being good at this game, i'm bad for placing out of 5 science classes, i'm bad for having a car, i'm bad for knowing how to swim. hell, i'm bad for a lot of reasons, but at least i'm not brain dead retarded like you.
    BfA Beta Time

so bad, and so... mad

15+ Year Old Account
    My dual spec is PvE frost, and I raid ICC as this spec quite often. This gets me laughed at my other mages and other members of the raid weather in a pug or in my guild until they look at meters.

People always say PvE Frost is bad, and when I ask them if they have ever played it they say no.

This is my challenge to my fellow mages.

Try out PvE frost, if you think your good enough, it's a blast beating people in damage with a spec people don't think is any good for PvE
    still looking for what part of the original challenge says "BUT ONLY IF YOU WEAR GEAR EQUAL TO MINE".

i WAS going to do saurfang as frost and post numbers to end the debate seeing as how it was implied i could not play the spec, but now i can't even do that unless i convince my guild "HEY GUISE, I KNOW I HAS A LOT OF 277 AND 284 GEARZ BUT I WANNA DO DIS IN 251 SHITT CAUSE I WANNA BE LIKE DIS GUY ON DA INTERWBS"? yeah, no thanks sir.

people call me an elitist ass hole or even self centered, but it seems like i'm the only one who gives a shit about what the rest of my raid deserves.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Fun is subjective if it does good damage or not. If it's a PuG, then who actually gives a shit?