Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    BT >> WW >> free >> BT >> FREE >> FREE >> BT >> WW >>free >> BT >> FREE >> FREE

free is where you use slam / sunder / shouts
    heroic strike should be spammed all of the time if u have unlimited rage, if not only above 60 rage.
    also does the warrior have all of the buffs? 10% AP, 20% haste, 4% physical dmg, 3% dmg , 3% haste (balance or ret ), is he using shattering throw when he uses deathwish? does he line his trinket procs up for deathwish? u can get an addon for this.
    Warrior is all about using the cooldowns on time.
    main thing, what are his weapons like?

Quote Originally Posted by Purelybetter View Post
    Our hardest hitting ability is WW currently. I doubt that's any contest.
    You were mostly correct, apart from this. Currently my BT hits harder than WW. Roughly 15k vs 12k, raid buffed of course, possibly some procs or whatever but this is an average.

On EJ, in both the Warrior FAQ and in Landsoul's sheet (and from personal experimentation), BT is first in your rotation, then WW. The reason for this is that with a shorter BT cooldown, as Purely explained, you can fit two into your rotation. In fact, if you time it right you can fit your 2 Slams (from t10 set bonus) in before the new rotation.

BT > WW > BT > Slam > Slam > BT > WW > BT > Slam > Slam...

Back to the OP - Could we have an armory link to look at?

Edit: Craig got there just before me, with MMO-Champ being down for a few mins. As you can see, rotation is quite standard.
    Don't hate the player, learn to play.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n&n=Bigsniffin

I didnt wanna link but he shows up to all raids and is a fun guy to have. Just really needs to pick it up in my opinion. Like I said he is one of those cool funny always shows up guys. What does he need to do?? So I can help him out

Just had a look @ his gear.. i mean im no pro with warriors.. but his suposed to be putting in ARP gems, not STR
    hehe, regemming full arp should put out an extra 1.5-2k dps.

again no pro.. but i know that much
    good luck! *(the ej forums are pretty usful aswell)*

actually at about 60% with NES he will have 100% when it procs. so unless he can get a good 15-20% arp from gems its actually more beneficial to stack strength gems for now. (i think. could be wrong on %'s)

also. holy moley look at his expertise! 42! he needs 26 not 42! thats a lot of wasted rating

looking at his gems he should be able to get about 200 more arp (unless i counted his axe twice) which would be somewhere around 15% methinks

(do not trust me on all the %'s. granted im pretty sure 60% + NES = 100%)

edit: this was to above poster but couldn't quote for some strange reason

Quote Originally Posted by papaya View Post

I didnt wanna link but he shows up to all raids and is a fun guy to have. Just really needs to pick it up in my opinion. Like I said he is one of those cool funny always shows up guys. What does he need to do?? So I can help him out

Frankly, he does not have to do much.

Change belt to 60emblem agi version.
    Change AV ring to agi version.
    Change cloack to 60emblem agi version.
    Change boots to LDW-25 boots or crafted boots.

This way he loses enough exp and gains tons of other stats.

But these changes won't give him 3kdps extra, which he should do in his gear imo.

I think he is slacking in his rotation, Fury-warriors need to spam their abilities immediately so they go on cooldown as fast as possible.

BT >> WW >> free >> BT >> FREE >> FREE >> BT >> WW >>free >> BT >> FREE >> FREE

And you put SLAM! procs in the FREE parts. And keep queuing HS if it won't rage-starve you.
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2010-07-15 at 10:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papaya View Post

He has WAY too much expertise (cap = 26).
    He has over 9% hit = 8% is enough (its not bad to have some extra, but 8% is enough)

More possible gear suggestions (some allready said above):
    replace t10 chest to, frost emblem, Castle Breaker's Battleplate
    replace t10 legs to, craftable, Legplates of Painful Death
    replace boots to, craftable, Hellfrozen Bonegrinders
    replace needle encrusted scorpion to deathbringers will (25man saurfang)

replace all str gems to ArP untill capped (100% ArP)

make sure hes knows hes rotation...
    Last edited by Fatale; 2010-07-15 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatale View Post
    He has WAY too much expertise (cap = 26).
    He has over 9% hit = 8% is enough (its not bad to have some extra, but 8% is enough)

More possible gear suggestions (some allready said above):
    replace t10 chest to, frost emblem, Castle Breaker's Battleplate
    replace t10 legs to, craftable, Legplates of Painful Death
    replace boots to, craftable, Hellfrozen Bonegrinders
    replace needle encrusted scorpion to deathbringers will (25man saurfang)

replace all str gems to ArP untill capped (100% ArP)

make sure hes knows hes rotation...
    You want the guy to break his 4piece? That right there is not good. agree on DBW though, but until he has a better trinket, he should wait with going all-out arp.

Kinda disagree with you, Pickwickman, I see a lot of wrong things.

Flaws :
    - Too much hit (50 extra hit here, roughly).
    - Too much expertise
    - Bad spec
    - Wrong itemization

Solutions :
    - Replace ALL str gems with Arp gems. That's absolutly not questionable.
    - Replace Frost badges STR Belt with Frost badges AGI Belt. Best solution to the "too much hit" issue. If he grabs Cryptmaker eventually, he should be able to get rid of the ring and the bracers too, for their Arp counterparts.
    - Get the Frost badges AGI cloak, it will partially fix the Exp problem.
    - Remove the point in Anger management and the 4 points in Unbridled Wrath, as well as 2/2 Improved execute. These arent necessary, at ALL. On the other hand, Commanding presence, Booming Voice and Piercing Howl are some very nice Utility talents. Consider these instead.
    - And I disagree with Fatale, DONT drop the 4p10, it's so full of win !

Last but not least, I thinka 251 (maybe even 245) weapon with ARP on it could be better Bryntoll. Seriously, until Arp Hard cap, fury warriors need stat weapons, not proc weapons. Not sure that 90 Arp > increased weapon damage though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    You want the guy to break his 4piece? That right there is not good. agree on DBW though, but until he has a better trinket, he should wait with going all-out arp.
    I wouldn't say the extra slam from t10 is that viable for him.. getting the crit and ArP from those few gear pieces will most likely be alot bigger dps upgrade to him at this point.

he has to be allready strugling with hes rotation anyway...

10+ Year Old Account
    All you warriors there... why the hell should this guy with allmost obvious rotation probs have 4set bonus fromt t10 which only makes it harder and isnt that big of a dps boost?

Fatale... It IS a DPS boost, and a pretty big one. We shouldnt think about alternatives to fix his failures ! He simply needs to improve, while we give him directions

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatale View Post
    All you warriors there... why the hell should this guy with allmost obvious rotation probs have 4set bonus fromt t10 which only makes it harder and isnt that big of a dps boost?
    Yeah, you are right... I did state a bad comment there.

Im just thinking that if hes unable to keep up with hes procs and cooldowns, why give him 1 more to worry about? Its alot easier to start learning the right rotation w/o 4set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Llorian View Post
    No it's not that's why all the best players go for the tier 10 four set instead of random scrub pieces of mish mash armour. You just said yourself "obvious rotation probs" because more than likely that's the case. However his gearing is a little shoddy, but that could be due to bad luck with drops. Even so he should be doing WAY more than 7.5k with a 25% buff. I was doing 8k with no buff and lesser gear.

Sorry to be harsh, but you should help yourself play a Warrior, before you try to help someone else.
    I think replacing 251 with 264 and getting hes ArP to 100% arent that "scrub" of an ideas... Im just thinking about the rotation point of view.

Well tbh my guilds fury Warrior blows too... but shes a girl so im enjoying it

you know.. lewts for kinks kinda deal

Quote Originally Posted by Alianthos View Post
    Fatale... It IS a DPS boost, and a pretty big one. We shouldnt think about alternatives to fix his failures ! He simply needs to improve, while we give him directions
    Now you are confusing me. You just said you disagreed with me, and then proceeded to give the guy the same advice as I did, bar that you want him to go all out ARP while he has a NeS.. I know NeS is a terrible trinket, but still :/

Edit: you read my first post in this thread right? Not only my reply to the other guy..

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not arguing about the 4 set bonus..

the suggestion I gave can be done with emblems and gold... and i believe they would improve hes dps.. for example getting rid of that 42 expertise he had with those craftable legs...

Hes ArP would go up shitloads and he could get rid of for example NES aswell.

this way he wouldnt need to wait for something to drop from the bosses.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrage View Post
    You were mostly correct, apart from this. Currently my BT hits harder than WW. Roughly 15k vs 12k, raid buffed of course, possibly some procs or whatever but this is an average.
    I think you're forgetting WW hits twice. we have our MH which is the hard hit, then our off-hand for about 50% as much.

As for the guy, to me it looks like he's in the mindset of most plate classes. Plate > leather. However, Fury is weird. Agi is attractive to us because the variety of stats act as multipliers with are better than the additive bonus of strength. In other words, strength is additive. Crit, haste, and ArP are multipliers.

Quote Originally Posted by Purelybetter View Post
    I think you're forgetting WW hits twice. we have our MH which is the hard hit, then our off-hand for about 50% as much.

As for the guy, to me it looks like he's in the mindset of most plate classes. Plate > leather. However, Fury is weird. Agi is attractive to us because the variety of stats act as multipliers with are better than the additive bonus of strength. In other words, strength is additive. Crit, haste, and ArP are multipliers.
    WW has twice the cooldown of BT.
    So to justify beginning with WW you need it to do twice the damage of BT.
    WW doesn't even come close to twice BT's damage even in BiS.
    BT >> WW Is supported by Elitistjerks for a reason.

I do agree on you that the poster you have quoted looked at his WWmh only. Because I do that on my warrior with 95%arp and Icc10/25 gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    To end this BT vs WW Debate.

yes BT > WW

BT>WW>FREE>BT>FREE>FREE (repeat). using slams in those free GCD's and also rend if you know how to do it and have the latency to do so.

Look at this picture it shows all the possible "rotations" you can have as fury.
    QS = Quickslam = nickname for the 4pc t10 proc slams that are 1s GCD.
    R = Rend
    S = Slam

Last edited by Devlin1991; 2010-07-16 at 01:07 AM.