Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sad how many no-brainers and worthless situational mechanics have been thrown into these... meaningful choices my ass... a lot of these trees pretty much just force you take shit you dont want or put points in talents just because you have no where else to put them...

For Feral PVP we need the Mana back from melee attacks.. Without it we are going to go oom way to fast :/

Pretty much everything is boring right now. Beta is beta of course but still. Furthermore there is only one PVE Raidspec and no alternative. Now you at least have a few different options depending on playstyle, role in a raid and gear etc. (e.g. Resto 18/0/53 or 11/0/60 or 14/0/54).

I found this interesting.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=f1WZ8zA5.9mn.druid

Tank and Bear in 1 spec.. Not really losing much in terms of dps loss/tanking

Going over the resto talent tree i'm really starting wonder what the use of 'condensed' talent trees is. I know it's Beta, nothing's set in stone and yadayada. Though the generic feeling i get from this is that talent trees will be dumbed down significantly. It would seem that with this build, their entire initiative of 'giving us more choice' and making talents feel less required is completely lost, resulting in a severly dumbed down talent tree. Ofcourse, all's subject to change.

There seem to be three talents that would benefit a rdruid PvE spec in the Balance Tree; Genesis (3/3), NG (TBR; 3/3) and Moonglow (3/3), a total of 9 points. Which leaves us with a total of 32 points to spend in the resto tree which means that we can take all talents bar: Furor, Fury of Stormrage and Natural Perfection. We leave out three talents which could be deemed 'pvpish' and have very little to no impact of PvE healing performance. Ofcourse the entire talent tree is still up for change, as it is still Beta, and we don't even have a clue what our engame playstyle will be come lvl 85.

Though it seems that if things were to stay the way they are right now, we'll be severely limited in our 'real' choices concerning our talents. As well for PvE and PvP. With the previous build it was possible to build a sweeet resto spec including Solar Beam and Starsurge for example, a talent spec that really made me anxious to play.

The new build however has precisely the opposite effect, i hope it changes, bigtime.

Did you know that these trees are an example of how it is going to look like ... its just an example and people are dying and screaming, trolling about an example... go outside and take a deep breath into the fresh air and then go back to your cave and then go wonder why blizzard always carefully puts stuff onto sites like mmo-champion to give the player a vieuw of HOW IT IS GONA LOOK LIKE I am sorry for blizzard that since WOTLK the forum trolls have created an army of noobs who dont facking get that WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS A GAME THAT IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING TO MAKE ALTEAST THE BIGGEST PART OF THE PLAYERS MORE HAPPY ABOUT THE GAME... and dont forget its still THE BETA... dont make me do the beta spam...

The druid trees need a lot of work.

NSS: This talent just needs to be taken out back where crap talents go to die
    Furor: Why is this a resto talent?
    Perseverance: why is this a resto talent?

The "ravage" abilities are cool to give druids a bit more burst, but very situational. They don't have any support for sustained damage (i.e., against bosses.)
    Pred Strikes: situational PvP talent.
    Improved feral charge: same

Primal fury: cat combo points removed. Yuck. The unpredictability added to the skill of playing a cat; you couldn't just macro a rotation. May be worthless for bears now we aren't replacing every attack with Maul.

Improved LotP: Give it back! This is a super nice ability that makes leveling and soloing a druid MUCH more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by starkilleralfa View Post
    Did you know that these trees are an example of how it is going to look like ... its just an example and people are dying and screaming, trolling about an example... go outside and take a deep breath into the fresh air and then go back to your cave and then go wonder why blizzard always carefully puts stuff onto sites like mmo-champion to give the player a vieuw of HOW IT IS GONA LOOK LIKE I am sorry for blizzard that since WOTLK the forum trolls have created an army of noobs who dont facking get that WORLD OF WARCRAFT IS A GAME THAT IS CONSTANTLY CHANGING TO MAKE ALTEAST THE BIGGEST PART OF THE PLAYERS MORE HAPPY ABOUT THE GAME... and dont forget its still THE BETA... dont make me do the beta spam...
    We know that these are examples, we're not dying and/or screaming, we're merely discussing the changes so far and/or ventilating our honest and discretionate opinions about said changes. Actually i'm outside, the breeze is nice and fresh. Technically Blizzard doesn't put stuff on MMO-champ because they don't approve of sites like MMO-champ. Also it's not merely 'views of what it's going to look like', the general idea is that unless otherwise stated the talent trees are going to resemble what they look now, at least for as long as their plan doesn't change (beta \o/). Currently, i think the only one being REALLY upset here is you, being upset about others supposedly being upset when they're not really that upset...yet!

It raises the question as to why you are actually so upset about others supposedly being upset, do you have anger management problems, or just problems in general? An important part of change is talking about it!

Also; i wish i had a Batcave . And just who are you calling a noob, jackass?
    Last edited by FailTree; 2010-07-14 at 10:04 AM.

I was a little surprised how straight forward these trees are. The talent setups I came up with right after going through the talents were identical to the one in OP. I was hoping the talent trees would have a little more choice in them. And I hope that's something Blizzard will work on.

Another thing I thought is that the first 2 tiers of the resto tree are pretty boring. Decreased mana cost, decreased damage taken... a bit plain. Tier 3 and below is nice, however.

EDIT: And no improved Leader of the Pack? Not a big fan of that.

i really hope they will let "nom nom nom" be the name when cata hits :P

i really hope they will let "nom nom nom" be the name when cata hits :P
    NO!!!! Please NO!!!!

Everyone knows the correct way to spell it is: "Om Nom Nom Nom"

New feral talents tree is terrible. Almost all true talents were removed, and almost all fail or useless talents are saved.

i'm not too impressed with the resto side of things. as far as i see it, you have 1-2 talent points to spend on "fun" talents. the rest are pretty much mandatory IMO.

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=D31ndRT.9mn.druid

I dunno i'd prefer Viet Nom Nom Nom

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not sure what Blizzard thought they were going to be able to do with the Feral tree. The 31 points means that there is virtually no difference with Feral DPS PvE, Feral Tanking PvE, and Feral PvP. I was under the belief that the talents were going to have 2 separate uses pending what form you are in. I honestly do not like where the tree is heading, and come Catyclysm goes live and the feral tree is still looking as rough as it does now, I am rerolling.

And there isn't any need for the trolls to state "It's still Beta, the trees aren't finished".

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by starkilleralfa View Post
    Did you know that these trees are an example of how it is going to look like
    Locking thread until placeholders get changed