Beta invite question

I opted in for the beta a few weeks back.

When I logged in just days before the beta invite I only had one active game (WoTLK). I had no PTR's active at this point.
    After I read the beta invites had started I logged back in and had WOW1 PTR with the WoTLK box artwork, when clicked it sais its closed and I belive it was closed way before it got into my account.
    I've read that this is not the beta and is just for the PTR and people who have opted in/moved chars to PTR servers have this in their account but i've never opted in for PTR nor moved my characters to PTR servers ever.

I've also read that blizzard did send out wrong types of invites at some point.

Anyone else who got this at the same time as the beta invites, who didn't have it before?
    And does anyone know if this will be changed to beta if this was a mixup?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthshockaz View Post
    if it has the LK box art it's the PTR.

If it has deathwings giant sexy face it's the beta.

please note: PTR1 and PTR2 doesn't matter it's the art that counts.
    There is also a "Subtle" little hint in the Description.
    You see, if it is the "Cataclysm Beta", it says "Cataclysm Beta" in the description.
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account

Hmmm i notice you have the same taste as I have

15+ Year Old Account

There is also a "Subtle" little hint in the Description.
    You see, if it is the "Cataclysm Beta", it says "Cataclysm Beta" in the description.
    Dawwwwwww

15+ Year Old Account
    Just want to point out that the order all of those posts were posted seems to be all wrong if you look at them 3 posts quoted something that didn't even exist when they wrote their post ;P

Anyway for OP if you get Beta you will know. First of all you will have the extra icon in your Battle.Net account but you should also get a mail saying you got into the beta and no it will not say PTR

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bahumut5 View Post
    There seems to be an error that caused a few people to double post.
    In case you are wondering why those posts haven't been deleted: I left them up to let the site admins check it out.
    Seems the timestamps on posts are weird also. The posts in a thread seems to be sorted according to the timestamp...seeing how some post are ignored when you post a new (that is your post goes above them instead of under them) is a result of the their timestamp being off

Also when you try and post and it say you can't post for 30 seconds, it seems it is still posted ;P

It appears.. either randomly or by some method in use by Blizzard.. that many accounts are getting the "regular" PTR added to their accounts. It's not active at the moment... but something has triggered it being added.

But as stated above... if you actually get a beta invite... these questions are null and void.. you will KNOW it from the Cataclysm text/box art.. adn be able to d/l it from it's manage game page.

15+ Year Old Account

Hmmm i notice you have the same taste as I have

15+ Year Old Account
    There seems to be an error that caused a few people to double post.
    In case you are wondering why those posts haven't been deleted: I left them up to let the site admins check it out.
    Dawwwwwww

And if it's WoW1 it's what blizzard have been started to do to all new created accounts within your account. Like me, i bought another wow account from blizzard. And in my battle.net account the new on is named WoW1.

So, PTR/WOW1 it dosen't really matter what you got. As long as it's not a picture of Cata it's NOT a beta key.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I've read that this is not the beta and is just for the PTR and people who have opted in/moved chars to PTR servers have this in their account but i've never opted in for PTR nor moved my characters to PTR servers ever.
    I wrote an email to the blizz support and got the same answer. But like you, i never opted into a PTR before the second box in my Account appeared. So it must have been something blizzard has done.