15+ Year Old Account

Scatter Shot and Hawk Eye

Scatter Shot - What happened to this ability? It is no longer in the talent tree and I see it listed on the skill list as trainable at level 15. Are all hunters getting this at level 15? That would be fun.

Hawk Eye - What happened to this? I can't find it anywhere. Does Blizzard not like us attacking from 41 yards? I thought this was one of the more fun talents in the SV tree and it was one I was excited to maybe have extra points for.

Scatter Shot will indeed be trainable by everyone, and all "increases range by" talents are becoming innate come Cataclysm for all classes that had them.
    "You hurt me long ago; my wounds bled for years. Now you are back, but I am not the same."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaucent View Post
    Scatter Shot will indeed be trainable by everyone, and all "increases range by" talents are becoming innate come Cataclysm for all classes that had them.
    Great to hear. Thanks!

so MM hunters will have silencing and scatter, BM will have intim and scatter, surv will have scatter only as an interrupt type ability? 2 of those is too much IMO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wyvern sting...?

Stood in the Fire
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thereign View Post
    Wyvern sting...?
    that ability still has the cooldown of a freaking pve cc.
    While it is the last cc anyone in pve would call upon, because of the dot and the impossibility to re-apply.
    Scorpid sting is gone remember, no more getting rid of the dot to trap.
    Kiting till it wears of is all good and well in a 5 man, but in a raid someone will be eaten by that time. Most likely a healer...

Wyvern sting is a full out pvp ability if you ask me, with only very minor 'oh crap' usage in pve.
    For pvp, as a very short cc, especially dispellable and used as interrupt, that 1 min is waaaay too long as cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimbald View Post

Wyvern sting is a full out pvp ability if you ask me, with only very minor 'oh crap' usage in pve.
    For pvp, as a very short cc, especially dispellable and used as interrupt, that 1 min is waaaay too long as cooldown.
    Keep in mind, dispels are becoming a lot more costly come cata. Couple that with the penalty for dispelling it, (alright, it was never really much to begin with, but it is a penalty) and a healer might have to think twice before dispelling it.

Still, they should probably look it over a bit. Maybe reduce the debuff by a couple seconds and cut the cooldown in half.