Thread: RaidID question

RaidID question

Simple question, wonder if anyone knows.
    Lets say our 10m gets to the lich king and stops for the day, raidIDxxxxxxx
    The next day, they go back and kill the lich king, but im not there!
    The Question I have is this. If im saved to right BEFORE the lich king dies, if I go host the raid, will I now get to start at the lich king, or will it know that raidIDxxxxxxx already cleared him even tho I was not there?

Thanks in advanced =)

Edit: and hes right, Very sorry for wrong forums, Noticed "raid and dungeons" from google, and didnt notice the Cataclysm sub up top.
    edit: Boss is dead to everyone. Thank you everyone.
    Last edited by molster; 2010-07-14 at 04:15 PM.

If they didn't change anything, your ID will be empty.

If someone kills Lich King in your lockout he will be dead when you go back in aswell. Simple.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Quote Originally Posted by Daziel View Post
    You'll have the raid ID where Arthas is still alive.
    No.
    If your raid killed LK without you still have the same raidID they did, so you will find the instance cleared

LK will not be alive in your instance - you're saved to the same raid ID as the people who just killed him.

Doesn't matter if you were there for the kill or not.

LK will not be alive in your instance - you're saved to the same raid ID as the people who just killed him.

Doesn't matter if you were there for the kill or not.

funny stuff people telling opposite things

If you grouped and killed 11/12 you are saved for that raid ID

if the group continues (anyone you raided with the day before can make a continue raid)
    if the lich king dies by the hands of that raid ID your saved with, he will be dead when you try to create the group cause the same raid ID allready killed him

hope its a proper explanation yay at my explanation skillz

Deleted
    People are either retarded or trolls, possibly both. Dont listen to anyone saying that Arthas will still be alive in the ID, its not true.

You group up, clear 11/12, disband. Its enough when 1 person with the raid ID takes 9 people who take (get saved to) his ID, they kill LK and then everyone with the ID will have empty ICC until reset.

Lets have a little thought experiment.
    What is it you're asking about? A RAID ID.
    So lets think for a moment, what happens if your RAID goes on without you in your RAID id. Well, obviously it will not affect you, since your RAID id is clearly personal, and not for the RAID.

Get it yet? It's a freaking raid ID, of course he's dead. It's not a personal ID. Think, then post. That's the order to do things in, thank you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Compare it to IRL, just because you didn't go to school doesn't mean your classes didn't happen ;P

This is a downside with PUGs sometimes when they don’t finish. You progress to a certain point in said raid but have to call it for whatever reason. Before you all form up again the next day, you come to find out that someone from that PUG finished clearing it with their guild since all the leg work to said boss(es) was already done.

10+ Year Old Account

It's a very simple thought process. Yes, forums are great for asking questions. That doesn't mean they should be flooded with questions that can be figured out by just thinking about it. It doesn't mean they should be flooded with questions that could've been answered in half a second in trade/general chat. Or probably a dozen faqs. Or by your guild.

I'm sorry (note, I'm not) if you don't like my attitude. You don't like that I pointed out how to answer your questions by thinking. I don't like that you come in with the attitude that you shouldn't even think before posting.

That's not even mentioning the fact that your post is in the wrong forum.
    Last edited by Cactrot; 2010-07-14 at 03:09 PM. Reason: What the? How'd my post end up above the post I was responding to?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daziel View Post
    If ur stupid just dont give advices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    It's a very simple thought process. Yes, forums are great for asking questions. That doesn't mean they should be flooded with questions that can be figured out by just thinking about it. It doesn't mean they should be flooded with questions that could've been answered in half a second in trade/general chat. Or probably a dozen faqs. Or by your guild.

I'm sorry (note, I'm not) if you don't like my attitude. You don't like that I pointed out how to answer your questions by thinking. I don't like that you come in with the attitude that you shouldn't even think before posting.

That's not even mentioning the fact that your post is in the wrong forum.
    yes lets ban him for an outrageous post, and how dare he post it on the wrong forum! i would much rather waste my time on the 1000th favourite raid pole/thread

Lets have a little thought experiment.
    What is it you're asking about? A RAID ID.
    So lets think for a moment, what happens if your RAID goes on without you in your RAID id. Well, obviously it will not affect you, since your RAID id is clearly personal, and not for the RAID.

Get it yet? It's a freaking raid ID, of course he's dead. It's not a personal ID. Think, then post. That's the order to do things in, thank you.
    Reported your post.
    Yes I was 99% sure thats how i worked, HOWEVER the point of a forum is to ask and make sure of questions, everyone else was able to answer, how you did, was not needed and just down right rude

Thank you everyone else.

On a side note: whats with the posts? two people replied to this post.. but.. there above it
    Last edited by molster; 2010-07-14 at 03:44 PM. Reason: o.0

Quote Originally Posted by Bikni View Post
    yes lets ban him for an outrageous post, and how dare he post it on the wrong forum! i would much rather waste my time on the 1000th favourite raid pole/thread
    Right, because I said he should be banned, and I'm the one posting "omg reported!"
    Oh wait, no that's him. Huh...
    You're pro lots of simple easily answered in other ways question threads. I'm not. Am I not allowed to have my own opinion or express it anymore? Huh, guess I missed that update.

Edit: in response to the sidenote. The forums had a stroke or something. Your response was set a time like 40 minutes later than you actually posted it, so when we responded they came in before your future post.
    Last edited by Cactrot; 2010-07-14 at 03:49 PM.

Edit: in response to the sidenote. The forums had a stroke or something. Your response was set a time like 40 minutes later than you actually posted it, so when we responded they came in before your future post.

Ha..
    Anyway, this topic is getting offtopic now, and im gana take off now that I have my answer.
    @Cactrot of course you can have your own opinion, you just dont need to be harsh on others, Ive been on these forums for years and never posted because of people posting post like yours. Im sure your a good person, but your posts can come off in a unneeded harshness. To Inform you, if I wasnt "thinking" in the first place, would it have even accord to me that it was even a possibility that it would be shared? The reason I still asked was if that was to be the case, Blizzard could have at some point found that this was an issues, and made it work differently, theres no way to know until you ask, hints the reason for forums. Also on a side note, i ALWAYS use google first, sadly could not find a situation like mine. Im sorry if I came off rude in return to you, but its just frustrating when people post unneeded things to such a simple question, I do hope you have a good day.

If this was cataclysm, it would be a different story, cos you could just join any other raid with 11/12 -- though i'm not sure how creating a raid yourself in cata would work in this case, given your ID is what would be used (Possibly the ID deviates to allow it.).