Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    to whoever said there will always be a perfect pve build, i think i can see where blizzard is going and disagree with this.

take the arcane mage tree for example. only 1/4 of the talents actually help your damage. the other 3/4 are little quirks that change your character for the better. the fact is that you can either get a 70% increase run speed after blinking (a sprint) OR a 4 second silence. neither help especially in pve, some pve content might need silences on certain bosses, and run speed is always helpful.

I think this is blizzard's goal with all the trees, and they made the arcane tree semi-well.

However, I agree 100% with the OP - these trees are not NEARLY thick enough. We should, like someone said before, have the same amount of talents, just wider trees. And make very few a flat damage/stat boost, but make all of them little mechanics or quirks that players can separate themselves from other players.

i.e. add talents at the first tier resto tree, one that says "for 5 seconds after you cast regrowth, your next rejuvanation will cost 33/66/100% less mana" and another that says "healing touch critical heals reduce the mana cost of your next non-healing touch spell by 20/40/60%"

both talents do the same thing, mana regeneration, and its two different ways, and it gives players a choice, and depending on your gear/level/style of healing one won't always be better than the other. And best of all, it actually HELPS a resto druid.
    FINALLY GOT CATACLYSM!

Quote Originally Posted by Endler89 View Post
    Man this pool is no fun. I mean theres no water in it so its just terrible. I mean look at all these slippery tiles someone could get hurt in this pool. I mean when this is finished and filled up i'm sure someone is going to slip on this tile in the 10ft section of the pool. That waters not going to help them either it will just make it even more slippery and more dangerous, come on guys how am I going to stand up when the bottom of the pool is slippery.

Do i have to spell out why your topic "holds no water"? Or does my sublte sarcasm make you understand that finding flaws in an incomplete tree is just a joke. Wait Blizzard fix this please its not done yet, but its broken.

Please wait til they are finalized then go QQ about them on the official forums where something can actually you know get seen by blizzard.
    Why is it a problem we express our concern during the beta phase, afterall it gets tweaked depending on player feedback as well...

And please figure out when to use QQ and when not to, the op made some good points and you calling that QQ makes me say you're just a sad little troll.

bye bye OoC :P for now

btw any news on how much shred costs? as shredding attacks was removed from the tree.. and dare i ask... shred pos req still there? :P
    Last edited by Whitehatter; 2010-07-15 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tricknick76 View Post
    to whoever said there will always be a perfect pve build, i think i can see where blizzard is going and disagree with this.

take the arcane mage tree for example. only 1/4 of the talents actually help your damage. the other 3/4 are little quirks that change your character for the better. the fact is that you can either get a 70% increase run speed after blinking (a sprint) OR a 4 second silence. neither help especially in pve, some pve content might need silences on certain bosses, and run speed is always helpful.
    so 1 boss will need silence and 4 will need run speed ... or opposite case, run speed spec > silence spec. Or when we think about total sci-fi that blizz will balancing all bosses with that in mind so: 2bosses with silence and 2 with run speed, still some bosses will be easy and some hard so first spec > second spec.
    Plus when we add dual spec then this is not issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehatter
    bye bye OoC :P for now
    it will be trainable...

Admitting that a tree is incomplete, yet still picking fault with the flaws is rather strange I thought.
    Druids are one of several with a substantial amount of work needed.
    If you wish to pick fault, then go find a near complete tree to pull apart, not one that has been barely touched.

OoC is a mechanism they are working on, because they feel it is useful enough for other specs.
    It may be trainable, or fitted in somehow.

You know what i would like to see them do poor resto has gotten out overflow from feral forever

they want cat centric and bear centric feral trees how about you move our cat centric bottom talents over tot he balance tree and leave our bear centric talents in the resto tree thus making a true cat tank hyrbid build totaly impossible

case in point tier 1 resto Bog increases our claw and shred the could move that over to the balance talent genesis and just make genesis effect our bleeds

also tier 1 Furor instead of having it let us keep energy in cat or get rage in bear take the energy aspect of it away give furor something that effects TOL or just heals in general(OMG a resto ability that EFFECTS healing)
    and move the energy aspect to say Moonglowthat would give the feral balance aspect more synergy

As a cat druid has the option to pick up Nurturing instinct(where as a tree bear build will pass over it) then you have a talent that effects the mana cost of your heals you have to go to in balance and one that effects your healing ability in feral

just a thought maybe someone with a beta key can post on the cata forums some suggestions like this so at least blizz will read them

As I said in the other thread:
    Balance needs "fun" talents in feral tree
    Feral needs valid choices in the balance tree
    Resto needs more choices in the feral tree

Now its just:
    feral+resto
    Balance+resto
    Resto+balance

Not really any choices

Imho resto needs to give survival fun talents for feral and balance.
    Feral needs to give resto and balance more damaging fun talents
    Balance should give regen/ sustainability to resto and feral

Just my 2c

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasgart View Post
    I completely agree with OP.

It feels that the trees are somewhat... too "thin". I would like to see more "horizontally" developed trees. If you give me 2 talents, one of 3/3 and another with 2/2 in the first tier... Well what is my choose? I just have to fill them to move down the spec.

Placeholders aren't the problem here. Problem is with... "hey, i'll make a tank" "Okay, just fill the tree" sort of thing. As it is now it would be just better to have three big buttons with the name of the specs. The server assigns us the abilities and that is.
    blizzard is fighting a battle thay cannot win tbh, there will always be 1 best dps spec and 1 best healing spec and 1 best tank spec
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    blizzard is fighting a battle thay cannot win tbh, there will always be 1 best dps spec and 1 best healing spec and 1 best tank spec
    See but the blue posts on the front page makes a good point. There are your tank, healing, and dps talents that are REQUIRED to take to raid. But they can make the trees so after you get all the required talents, you can fill out some fun utility talents instead. Kinda like my shadow priest who has enough haste/4pct10 that he no longer has to use mind blast, so I specced out of imp Mind Blast. That left me with a few extra points in the tree which I used to get imp vamp embrace and psychic horror. But I could have used it to go down into Silence instead if I wanted too. Theres the choice, neither would have affected my dps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

Druid trees are not done yet. Druid trees have barely seen any work besides cropping to fit them into the new system. Do not draw any conclusions based on the current druid trees.

They know that. Which is why this time, they are trying to structure the trees so you have some points which you cannot invest in any talents that improve your primary role.

Aside from that, druids will always have at least 2 best DPS specs... one ranged and one melee. Roles different enough that you need to keep both in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by M4dus View Post
    1. they are not done...
    2. they are just talents, with dual spec you dont need respec nearly for half expansion.
    Luls as a Druid i respec 3-4 times a week just for raids. not to mention when i pvp it's even more.

Quote Originally Posted by scorch109 View Post
    Luls as a Druid i respec 3-4 times a week just for raids. not to mention when i pvp it's even more.
    and every time with different talent build ? i mean that u dont have fixed talent build for cat dps/catpvp, tank, balance pvp, pve, tree pve and pvp... because that was point of 2.