Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    theres a couple of games already on the market Full on Computer AI.... Mortal online, Darkfall online, all Ai based games, it works well for them, however i done see Ai having its place in WoW

15+ Year Old Account
    Forget AI in games, i want a AnthroPC

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Depends on the coding of AI. I think Blizz is at a sweet spot right now, where they completely control the AI. A TRULY intelligent boss AI would completely ignore threat/tanks.

Boss: Hmmm, this guy in front of me just called me fat and threw a shield at me. That guy back there is prancing around like a nurse healing the dude with the shield, and this guy to my left is wearing no armor whatsoever and threw a GIANT FLAMING BOULDER at my ass. Who should I bite? Clothy McFire Robes or Armored to the Teeth fat guy whose attacks barely sting?
    I always thought of it as tank attacks causing a ridiculous amount of pain, but not actually doing much physical damage. Kinda like a papercut, i know if someone ran up and started papercutting me i'd be pretty pissed, even if im not in mortal danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Maybe set a randomizer on abilities, not just have them be used once they're off cool down.
    I've had this idea myself as well. RNG could end up really biting you with this, but things would be harder if you couldn't align everything to boss timers and you had to be more reactionary. Maybe set it up as a building percentage. A boss would have an increased percentage each second to use the move, so that it would be guaranteed to hit within a certain timeline, but you couldn't predict exactly when it would hit. It would be interesting, and make things harder, but unless done very carefully it could add too much deadly rng. They would have to build in a way that certain abilities couldn't happen at the same time and guarantee a wipe, although that can happen today. I once ran a Naxx 25 and both add tanks on KT were MCed at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by kabshiel View Post
    worst. Idea. Ever. Didn't you ever see terminator?
    omg sir you win

Quote Originally Posted by Arcilux View Post
    Depends on the coding of AI. I think Blizz is at a sweet spot right now, where they completely control the AI. A TRULY intelligent boss AI would completely ignore threat/tanks.

Boss: Hmmm, this guy in front of me just called me fat and threw a shield at me. That guy back there is prancing around like a nurse healing the dude with the shield, and this guy to my left is wearing no armor whatsoever and threw a GIANT FLAMING BOULDER at my ass. Who should I bite? Clothy McFire Robes or Armored to the Teeth fat guy whose attacks barely sting?
    i just can't stop laughing, this made my day ;D