Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    actually, i was uld the other day and bronzebeard said something about someones tower only being used once and obliterated an entire continent. Perhaps that might be the southern one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, It would seem likely that there is another side of Azeroth. I mean, when it's sunny in Eastern Kingdoms, it's also sunny in Kalimdor. If they were on opposite sides, wouldn't time be different?
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

I'd rather be Leif Ericsson and discover it 500 years earlier.
    To each their own, but I'd rather be Columbus, myself. Sure, Ericsson "technically" disovered America first, but his discovery accomplished Jack diddly squat and was pretty meaningless. Columbus's voyage is the one that changed the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaotiz View Post
    omg whata that stuff aroudn the united stats? inever seen before
    that pic is fake. Live doesnt exist outside of America.

life only exists in digital world

You know what else is wierd?

It's always the same time at both continents!

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Ok for starters, the excuse that we have seen azeroth gloves in places like halls of lightning etc means that there is no other side side of the world is completely retarded. In vanilla there was no northrend on the map, yet we all knew northrend existed. So how does that work out? Blizzard can retcon anything they want. I believe if you wowwiki the azeroth planet or w/e you will find out there is another super continent completely unexplored, but explorers were sent there and never came back. So we have no idea what is on this other continent. Personally I think since there is a huge alliance/horde war over resources since they are now limited after the cataclysm.

The next expansion will have a complete war theme, where alliance and the horde both make way and prepare for the new land on the other side of the world in hopes of finding more resources.
    Because previous maps were made by humans (or orcs), Halls of Lightning maps were made by Titans who could fly through space and have adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Fusilero View Post
    Because previous maps were made by humans (or orcs), Halls of Lightning maps were made by Titans who could fly through space and have space adventures.
    fix'd

There are indeed only 3 continents, but there are also plenty of islands. Some of them are added in Cataclys, but there are still many left that I believe Blizzard are saving for future expansions.

It all use to be one big continent. Then the Sundering happened and it split in to three. So it just water between the east coast of the Eastern Kingdoms and the west coast of Kalimdor. The Titans may of created a second continent at the antipode of old Kalimdor, but it wasn't on the titans map so...

Yes, indeed there is.

In another expansion that is.

Deleted
    i'm just guessing, but from the bits of lore i've picked up it seems like azeroth is just one big experiment/playground/sandbox/thing to the Titans.. so i guess they could have a whole other world on the other side with other experiments and a whole other lore.. and just keep em seperate by only showing lore/maps about your own side to you and keeping em apart with some magical barrier or titan warships or whatever..

very possible not true, but hey, its all just theories here and it was fun to come up with :P

(and it still seems more logic to me than that we have a planet with continents on only one side (as we've seen it in multiple places))
    Last edited by mmoce86c0896ae; 2010-07-25 at 04:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samdark View Post
    It was a super continent before the incident with the Well.

Have you ever seen the turning globe on any of the cinematics? The map is flat but the planet is round.
    That is because if you fly over the left edge of the map, you will appear on the right edge. same goes for up and down.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Well I imagine he is from Brazil and that answers one of the questions I have wondered about the longest made never did research to discover. That question being, Is the education system in other countries around the world as stupid as it is here in America which mentions the actual discovery of America as a mere footnote? Apparently the answer is yes.
    I am stupefied by the retardation present here.

Quote Originally Posted by Redcrow View Post
    you know the azeroth map looks alot like earth right?
    Indeed, it's like looking at a map of Earth saying "jeez, I wonder what's on the other side!"

Quote Originally Posted by DragoonV View Post
    I wonder if there is anything on the other side!

Haha, this is all the arguement you need.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DragoonV View Post
    I wonder if there is anything on the other side!

What I love about these maps is that they show Britain in comparison to the rest of the world, and look at how much of an empire we had.... In fact, still do have considering the commonwealth will step into any war on our side, coupled with the fact that Australia has never officially declared independence from us.

To be honest, it's all down to Scotland, we fucking rock!
    Skullmaster - Slathe - Duat - Tamriel

Absolutely everything happens for a reason - Omnia Causa Fiunt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylreick View Post
    Hey, It would seem likely that there is another side of Azeroth. I mean, when it's sunny in Eastern Kingdoms, it's also sunny in Kalimdor. If they were on opposite sides, wouldn't time be different?
    Pretty sure that is just a game issue, nothing to do with lore.

Imo there is no other side of Azeroth, the map we know shows all of Azeroth, the left and right/west and east ends of the map'd be connected.

Makes more sense imo that 50% of the world simply not being shown or mentioned EVER before anywhere.

Also, the globes in Ulduar fit that idea.

Here's the texture used http://media.photobucket.com/image/u...NewAzeroth.png

And the globe http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/wo...e_Kalimdor.jpg

Pretty much what the Earth world map guys just said, same type of map.
    Last edited by mmoca812163483; 2010-07-25 at 05:10 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lore wise Pandaria exists, and, according to WoWWiki it is a lush island with a humid climate.

Quote Originally Posted by WoW Wiki
    The world of Azeroth also has lands located at the other side, beyond the Veiled Sea to the west of Kalimdor, and beyond the Forbidding Sea to the east of the Eastern Kingdoms.
    Azeroth Geographical features

If this is correct, and I see no reason for it not being so with Pandaria not being found currently, there isn't just islands in the forbidden/Veiled sea but actual lands. The example of the earth on a flat map would be valid if we knew all of Azeroth was explored, but it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandush View Post
    head cut off? just a setback!

lol
    it's like looking at the Atlas and say that it only shows one part of the world
    if you wanna see how the world looks like from the space, you should check HoL near Loken's room