Fire spec advice for Raiding

Hello everyone. I know about the PvE FAQ thread but would like some help on whether I would do better as arcane or fire in my current gear. I have heard it takes great gear to make this spec work, so if I'm not ready, I'll just stay arcane.

I am not allowed to post links in my posts yet, so I can't link my armory in this post. The name of my Undead mage is Voltain on Anvilmar server if you want to look me up in the armory.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by Mage IRL; 2010-07-15 at 05:13 AM.

Look up! It's a bird, it's a plane, NO it's the Mage PvE faq thread!

Rawr, there are tons of posts already with guides. Check the stickies here and in the official WoW forums.

Ah cool, thanks. Sorry, I am new to MMO and the forums. I see the recommended gear set but would like to know if my current gear is better for fire or arcane.

Which is why you download Rawr! (Well, since I have Rawr loaded...fire is 300 dps ahead without changing any gems or gear around)

Your crit seems to be a bit low but it might just be that you do not have Molten Armor on your armory (?).
    Anyway, for fire you ened 14% hit from gear as horde so if you can get your hands on 0.39% hit you could go fire now and probably do more DPS than arcane.

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC