Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Chances Cataclysm will be out before Blizzcon?

Who here thinks it will be out before Blizzcon... or that it won't be out until November? Based on past betas, I think it could make it out right before blizzcon.

Deleted
    If WoW was mine I wouldn't release it until after Blizzcon as I wouldn't have much excitement to share/talk about (my immediate guess)

They try to release them around Christmas time, I doubt there will be an exception here...

maybe during blizzcon, and cata will be one of the things you will receive for going there.
    You'll also get that pony deathwing promised.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see something excitement they could reveal to us at Blizzcon, if Cataclysm is already out (Except the new MMO, which we know nothing about really). So my quess, would be that we will see the intro to Cataclysm at Blizzcon = No, it won't make it 'til after Blizzcon.
    The goblin warrior, Gallywix!
    "And the Heavens shall tremble!"

My name is Kenneth044, and I'm an altoholic!

its slated for a november release - thats the date most of the major retailers have for it

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it could be. There's not a lot more to reveal to us. Then again, knowing Blizzard, most likely after Blizzcon. I'm still crossing my fingers it'll come out before then, if not my second guess is Chistmas/early January.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    I don't see something excitement they could reveal to us at Blizzcon, if Cataclysm is already out (Except the new MMO, which we know nothing about really). So my quess, would be that we will see the intro to Cataclysm at Blizzcon = No, it won't make it 'til after Blizzcon.
    Diablo 3? They haven't announced the final class yet but it's already apparently not too far from beta. Or Starcraft 2's first expansion? SC2 will have been out for 3 months by the time Blizzcon rolls about.

Though I'm inclined to agree, nevertheless. With the amount of changes taking place and the fact that Blizzard never sets deadlines and always works on their games until they're satisfied, we probably won't be seeing Cataclysm until the very ass-end of 2010, if not Q1 of 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by kenneth044 View Post
    because the blizzcon is held "to show wow addons". sure.. it's not wowcon, and certainly not catacon. nice phantasy you guys have there. :-)

this years blizzcon is probably going to mostly be about Diablo 3 with a little bit about the Starcraft 2 expansions, too early for much more than that really
    as for Cataclysm, given that there's still a lot of content not yet ready for testing, and a lot of what is being tested is far from finished, I'm doubting it'll release before Blizzcon

If it comes out in november that's roughly 4 months from now. Considering that people were already cancelling their subs months ago due to the last real content patch being several months old, I think another 4 months would probably lose Blizzard millions in further cancellations. How they could allow a year between legitimate content updates is mind boggling at this point. They all all the money and resources possible. You'd think they could manage to get the content out a bit quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    its slated for a november release - thats the date most of the major retailers have for it
    doesn't matter. neither blizzard nor activision have announced a release date, so anything retailers list is 100% guesswork on their part

I'm going with after Blizzcon. Releasing it just before Blizzcon and there somehow being something catastrophic that develops as retail is pushed live that requires half the company to work late nights would really screw over the production of Blizzcon as well as stress the people that do the panels. Not to mention turning their celebration of all things Blizzard into the forums the day they announced the Forum RealID stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalus View Post
    once again is a guesstimate, if people would actually read the gamestop page is says that it is NOT the official release date, it is required by their system to put it in to make pre-orders. If this was true SC2 was due last December.
    Hail Lord Bjor!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    because the blizzcon is held "to show wow addons". sure.. it's not wowcon, and certainly not catacon. nice phantasy you guys have there. :-)
    WoW is half the excitement at Blizzcon, so I'm sure my guess was pretty accurate ^^

I think they will release an official release day next month.
    "Me not that kind of Orc!" -- ♥ ♥YouTube ♥ ♥

I honestly can't see them leaving us with just RS until Christmas. As the above poster has guessed, i too think we'll have a date sometime in August and i think that date with be at or around the 2 year point of the WoTLK date which was Nov 18th i believe.

Can you honestly imagine doing ICC hardmodes and RS for the next 5 months? If the thought makes you shudder, thats likely what Blizz will be thinking too. Any later than Nov and i can see alot of people hanging up the subscription. Well i can name at least 60% of my guild that would anyway.

Highly unlikely now, but still not a total impossibility, blizzard won't rush this, so it will be out when it's ready

Besides, technically complaining about goblin rogues like they alluded could have meant goblin rogues in testing
    How much bone could a bonestorm storm if a bonestorm could BOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/character-bios/'almega'-nara-draconus/ - my RP character

if they can get cataclysm with the new talents and the promised raids all ready and fully tested out before autumn then I for one will be pleasantly surprised. what wouldn't surprise me though is if blizz have something in mind to keep us occupied in the meantime if cata isn't ready by then, though I doubt it'd be anything as big as Sunwell