Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    King Varian Wrynn is a catholic, most definitely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronyk View Post
    Which religion is that?
    Please no one flame me for this...but isn't that Islam? I read it online (I know I know, don't always trust the internet!) but it sounded like it was true, because wasn't Islam spread by the sword? I really hope it ISN'T true, but Islam extremists honestly scare me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hksin11186 View Post
    Yup! I know a few. However they seem to have a tendency to ignore things like carbon dating, ice core sample data, and oceanographic fossils if it happens to contradict whatever holy book they like to read.
    I was replying with almost the same thing (:

The answer to "how" is usually the answer to "why" aswell.

And here's a thought, the vatikan, the pope or the whole bloody christianity organisation were saying that the earth were flat, later when disproven they said the sun orbited alround the earth... as history progress they've allways been wrong, how can we trust they are right about this Jebus and the holy trinity and whatnot... I mean such a fundamental flaw in their theory should punch a big hole in their whole organisation, but religions is like cork on a fishing rod, no matter how far they go down... they allways float back up again.

Quote Originally Posted by MustacheSnowglobe View Post
    I know! Kind of reminds you of the real world, huh? Another thing you could ask yourself is who/what created the naaru, titans, elune, etc.
    yeah! if we find the answer to "who created azeroth," the next question is, who created that thing!

which is a lot like real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    How many truly proven things exist in the scientific community? Much less than the innumerable theories upon theories that, while excellent explanations, have no real proof. What proof that is presented is often turned on it's ear by another discovery a short period of time later.
    Science doesn't deal in "proof". it deals in evidence. And anything accepted as a scientific fact has overwhelming supporting evidence. If you want "proof" stick with mathematics.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    oh, okay. gosh, i like to think i know a lot of the lore but for a fictional universe, warcraft is really HUGE. there's a ton to know about it all.
    wowwiki.com, search there for all the answers you need.

Quote Originally Posted by reyina View Post
    if i recall correctly, string theory was proven false. but something similar still holds as possible... i think.
    http://listverse.com/2010/07/12/10-c...ific-theories/

read #10, it's pretty crazy!

Please no one flame me for this...but isn't that Islam? I read it online (I know I know, don't always trust the internet!) but it sounded like it was true, because wasn't Islam spread by the sword? I really hope it ISN'T true, but Islam extremists honestly scare me.
    islam extremists really go against a lot of what their holy text tells them. i'm almost positive it says don't kill at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    every extremists of some sort is scary...so no need to be flamed at
    I think that of all extremists, rednecks scare me the most followed by extremist muslims...and this by a progressive modernist muslim.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    *punches ThunderBlunder in the face*

Quote Originally Posted by XPZaIN View Post
    BTW: Believing in science or mathematics as being absolute and being facts is a faith too. Mathematics rely on what we call axioms and Science never produces facts but only theories.
    There are several definitions of the word 'theory', a theory can in fact be a fact and proven, you're just running on a single definition of the word and branding all uses of it as the same.
    One would only consider 'proof' and 'fact' a faith if they do not believe the reality in which they exist is a reality or existent at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukari View Post
    Equality is a universal concept, you either care about it for everyone, or you don't care about it. It can't be compartmentalized, you can't champion equality for solely one group, that's inimical to the whole idea of equality.
    To make room for the cupcake!

Deleted
    We do not allow discussion about religion on MMO-Champion, even if it's under the veil of comparison with the game.

Please keep topics such as religion and politics (check our forum guidelines for a more complete list) off of our forums.