Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    A few funny bugs and changes i found today.

- It seems that they reduced the level of the mobs inside. In the current beta build most of the mobs are 49-50lvl but they still drop the same items (51lvl boss drop 55lvl bow..)
    - The doors no longer require the Key of the City
    - Killing monsters inside still grant Argent Dawn reputation.
    - Some bosses still serve to Lich King while he is dead...
    - Some monsters still yell that they serve to Baron Rivendare while his name now is Lord Aurius Rivendare
    - Lord Aurius Rivendare still serve to Lich King
    -He is now 51 Level using some kind of Mace instead of that sword
    -He have ~34000 HP and still drop the same loot (maybe mount also)
    - 2 guards are staying at the old door of Naxx placed inside Strath
    http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6...1610175334.jpg

and as the OP said, when Lord Aurius Rivendare is dead, NPCs from "Brotherhood of the Light" spawn all over the place

...I don't understand why it hasn't yet occured to anyone, that Aurius might be Titus Rivendare's son.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoriel View Post

- It seems that they reduced the level of the mobs inside. In the current beta build most of the mobs are 49-50lvl but they still drop the same items (51lvl boss drop 55lvl bow..)
    - Some monsters still yell that they serve to Baron Rivendare while his name now is Lord Aurius Rivendare

and as the OP said, when Lord Aurius Rivendare is dead, NPCs from "Brotherhood of the Light" spawn all over the place
    really? LK is dead? then scourge would take over all of azeroth. you haven't even seen the cinematic? LOL?! dont make such a "huge" post if you don't know what ou are talking about. Lich King isn't dead, heard of bolvar? who took the crown a minute after Arthas' death. and I think Ner'zhul holded the scourge long enough for a new host.
    Once more into the fray...
    Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
    Live and die on this day...
    Live and die on this day...

Quote Originally Posted by Thoriel View Post

So the argent dawn has been removed?

Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    So the argent dawn has been removed?
    no...

and yes i made a mistake with the LK.

Perhaps human and dwarf paladins will get their Silver Hand tabard now..... =D

Perhaps Aurius was the Baron's brother?

Perhaps his father/son?

What we do know is that the mk II death knights (mk 1 being the second war death knights and mkIII being the Acherus DKs) are all fallen paladins

So the hostile scourge is now controlled by renegade necromancers similar to SC: Brood war where renegade cerebrate's controlled elements of the sward after the Overmind's death
    Last edited by Krunk; 2010-07-16 at 03:21 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krunk View Post
    Perhaps human and dwarf paladins will get their Silver Hand tabard now..... =D
    Tabard of the Lightbringer would like a word with you... if it wasn't a piece of cloth and had a mouth and voice-box!

As for Aurius, I really don't know how Blizzard is going to pull this one off, I mean we saved the dudes soul in the current Stratholme.
    Dreadmaul US Horde - "Dragonsworn of the Bronze Flight"

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    I can only hope Stratholme will become a Sanctuary, not another human city
    Oh yea mean like Dalaran?
    That was fun.....well, not actually.

Stratholme is an alliance city and will always be, you already have andorhal (phased for horde online).
    video game companies: *makes game with female/LGBT characters*

dudebros: wHAT HTe fUCK IS THSI SOCIAL ,.JUSITICE SHI.,,T,,...,.I canNOT,, BELEIVVB nnOT BYINHG...,

Quote Originally Posted by Mc89 View Post
    Wow, odd that people have trouble grasping this.

Rivendare is probably an aristocratic name he's a adopted now that he rules over Stratholme much as some rl peers are referred to as Lord/Baron/suchlike *place* rather than Lord of *place*. So Aurius took up that name when he was raised into undeath and, having been a paladin, unsurprisingly became a death knight. Hence the mace, he used it in life.
    Or an even simpler explanation: Aurius was related to Baron Rivendare and already had the Rivendare last name. He just chose to go by one name, like Cher.

Quote Originally Posted by Direfen View Post
    Tabard of the Lightbringer would like a word with you... if it wasn't a piece of cloth and had a mouth and voice-box!

As for Aurius, I really don't know how Blizzard is going to pull this one off, I mean we saved the dudes soul in the current Stratholme.
    Tabard of the Lightbringer takes a shiteload of farming to get.... probably something that will never be attainable for me... and is potentially obtainable by all races/classes D=

And i think the blood elf charger quest was made canon....

It seems to me that the Argent Crusade is more of going from a military organization to an order similar to rl historical ones in like the Teutonic Order and The Knights. They're going to become the sucessor state to Lordearon in the East and make the nation probably a neutral alligned state with Stratholme as the capital.(And not Hearthglen which means Tirion will probably move to Strat someday.)

Lady of the Lore Syrra Coventry's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Flushing the remaining Scarlet out of Tyr's Hand, that would make for a great Argent/Silver Hand capital as...well...it was, after all, their capital at one point. All in all, though, Strathholme would be a better choice for such a position, considering the Cataclysm geographical climate. Although, it still backs up to Deathholme, which should also get cleared out...

It actually would be nice if, after doing the chains in Strathholme, it permanently phased it for you to the new home of the Argent and Silver Hand... The paladin order needs to be revived.

It probably won't be done as it would technically remove the instance but mabye they could make it possible to have the two entrance sides of Stratholme change after you do the quests. One side removes the portal and allows you to enter a smaller sized city and participate in quests that have you kill a lot of the remaining scourge in Strat and the surrounding area. The other entrance keeps the portal and takes you back to Strat.

Actually.. what happens at Tyr's hand? Would be cool if it was made into that neutral port

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dad View Post
    Where is Rivendares sword? Why does he have mace???
    because he's not the same rivendare as the one in old/Naxx

Yeah I agree about the phasing thing. Personally, this is how I would handle it; there would be a quest chain (this one shown) that culminates in the elimination of the Scourge from Stratholme. After this, the city becomes it's own zone (Non instanced) and quest hub where the Argents send you on tasks such as putting out fires, collecting raw materials to rebuild, tearing down the old Scourge Ziggurats etc.

If you still wanted to so Stratholme, a member of the Bronze Dragonflight could be stationed outside the town asking, "Would you like to see Old Stratholme? I have the power to do this for you <Class>"
    Stratholme would still show up on the LFD interface but you get to see the rebirth of the city as well and the satisfaction that comes from it.

Just my two cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by pvt Huson View Post
    I want to make an 80ft golden dong and get terrorised by fisher price shoggoths
    “You heard the man,” Jaime said to Ilyn Payne. “Find a nice long spear, and shove it up his arse.”

Deleted
    Awesome sauce with apple awesome sauce on top!!!

http://www.wowwiki.com/Aurius
    In Cataclysm, Aurius appears as the final boss in Stratholme, carrying the name Rivendare. It is thereby suggested Aurius is an heir to the Rivendare name, likely a defiant son of the first Baron Rivendare.

That's who Aurius is, for those who didn't read some of the posts in here.

What about the mount?

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloogonis View Post
    Yeah I agree about the phasing thing. Personally, this is how I would handle it; there would be a quest chain (this one shown) that culminates in the elimination of the Scourge from Stratholme. After this, the city becomes it's own zone (Non instanced) and quest hub where the Argents send you on tasks such as putting out fires, collecting raw materials to rebuild, tearing down the old Scourge Ziggurats etc.
    Probably wouldn't work. The Horde, and especially Forsaken, would not want a resurgent Lordaeron.

EJL