Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Quincey View Post
    See I'm completely the opposite.

I think having a really tight rotation, one that relys on split second decision making and lightning fast reflexes is a good thing - You can easily distinguish a good DK from a bad DK by more than his gear, they are really easy to play badly.
    That's why Blizzard is doing their best to please to everyone, but they just can't

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Comon people it isnt going to be bad just making it slower and im sure we will stay on par with the DPS and if we dont then im sure Blizz will fix it, on a side note i see alot of people complaining about your fingers and arms hurting after a boss fight!?!?!!?! lol go hit a gym or something jesus

It has nothing to do with physical strength, look up some info on carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injury before you comment.

I laught at people who already saying something like "Im rerolling, we are slow now!!!! we are bad!!!! we are doomed!!!". Guys if you did not realise yet... its only beta. Really, its beta, you probably dont trust me but its not on live servers yet.

You even dont know how many times things will change...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    It has nothing to do with physical strength, look up some info on carpal tunnel syndrome and repetitive strain injury before you comment.
    ok then stop playing so much, either way get out goto a gym or something =P

I think having a really tight rotation, one that relys on split second decision making and lightning fast reflexes is a good thing - You can easily distinguish a good DK from a bad DK by more than his gear, they are really easy to play badly.

I mourn the destruction of the rune system, it served me well.
    Time to roll a rogue again.
    ^
    i like you. except the rogue part. ill stay true to my dk even havin been deployed for a year....but i agree...the tight timing of the class really distinguished good dks from bad dks.....i imagnie there will be a new dsitinguishing feature in cata...but i liked how they pve'ed in wrath

*blah blah blah its beta..subject to change... disclaimer*

Quote Originally Posted by timtim89 View Post
    go hit a gym or something jesus
    wouldn´t that hurt?

Quote Originally Posted by kerk View Post
    wouldn´t that hurt?
    not if the gym walls are made from pillows or some such madness....havent been to any gym like that.... but its all just speculation at this point

Deleted
    I decided I'm either gonna change from dps to tank on my DK, or reroll. I was already getting bored of being DPS, and I'm not a huge fan of the new rune system.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mortalwombat View Post
    my experience is i will likely be a member of the no beta club for the 3rd time running.
    QFMFT
    I hate RNG. Never ever ever got a beta key :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by Agoonga View Post
    I'm weird in any culture
    If life's a stage, when's the after party?

I had an interesting solution to this problem of "emptiness" in the Death Knight playstyle now. Of course, one solution would be to stack a shit ton of haste, another to fill the trees with more "proc a free X" talents, and another to simply lower the rune refresh rate to 8 sec per rune or something. But this idea may be a bit more interesting.

This is the idea. Change Blood Tap into a 40 Runic Power Death Coil replacement that does something along the lines of X damage at 150-200% threat, and maybe heal the DK for some of the damage done or something. Blood has craploads of active abilities as it is right now and Blood Tap is probably one of the less useful for a serious raid boss encounter, so it would possibly be the best to modify. Then, change Rune Strike into a zero cost melee ability with no cooldown, on the GCD, that does low weapon damage and a secondary effect that does something along the lines of providing a stacking buff that increases the Runic Power generated by your next Rune-cost ability by some small percentage.

By doing this, you give Death Knights a "filler spell" to use in their new, yet slow, dynamic rotation. This spell would do low damage, so as you scale up with haste and for Frost, Mastery rating, you would use it less in your rotation because it would be easily replaced by Frost Strikes and proc abilities. Not only this, but it would be very dynamic in that you may spend all your runes right at the start of a fight, spend all of your RP, and then spam this ability to fill time. But by spamming it, you are altering the next "rotation" of abilities by changing the amount of Runic Power you are going to spend or get, thus reducing how much you spam it during the next cycle because you will fill more GCDs with higher damage abilities.

Just a thought. Obviously it would need to be carefully tuned and would probably require that other damaging abilities be fine-tuned as well so that it wouldn't result in a flat out DPS increase that overpowers DKs in PvE. But they will be fine-tuning every ability anyways during Beta and the first few patches out of Beta so I don't see a problem with that. And it would lower special ability damage which I am already concerned about, considering I mathed out my Naxx geared DK and found my Obliterates would hit for 6k base with a 2hander.
    Last edited by elseagoat; 2010-07-16 at 11:07 PM.

According to Consider, Unholy at least, lacks many open GCDs.

[11:50:45] Earthmender Duarn says: Shamanistic healing is a complex art. You can't just chain heal all day.

UGH i know what you mean!
    Yea yea....

im not so worried about the rune system atm its more the wording on ds pve only wtf is that

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    lolwhat? the only spec that requires reflexes is frost and the killing machine proc mechanic is NOT that hard to get a handle on...if you're getting carpel tunnel from that i'd hate to see you play Enh or Feral...your arm might just fall off
    He just means that you use every gcd, so your smashing buttons for however long the encounter lasts.

I mourn the destruction of the rune system, it served me well.
    Time to roll a rogue again.
    So you enjoy a rotation that requires skill and split second decision making okay..
    Why the hell are you rolling a rogue then ? they currently have 2 buttons to mash.. Envenom and mutilate..

It makes sense..