Glyphs: Prayer of Healing vs. Renew. Quick question.

Which glyph would prove overall more useful in a 25 man raiding guild, moving to heroics?

I've heard many opinions, but I would like some sort of clarification. Thanks

Take PoH, just because its better > Nuff Said
    Last edited by Creat1on; 2010-07-16 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Added stuff

Prayer of healing, hands down

Leave the hotting to the druids, PoH will do a lot more and will heal more low hp targets intuitively and is a *vital* glyph

Glyph of Renew (especially with the 25% buff) will do more overhealing, which is not optimal. Furthermore it means that if you're a renew bot, you'll be able to roll renew on fewer people, which ends up being a HPS loss.

GoPoH is actually very powerful with the advent of aura dmg based fights popping out of the ground everywhere in ICC. On BQL or Sindragosa I can expect GoPoH to do anywhere from 4-8% of my healing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dominate View Post
    Prayer of healing, hands down

Leave the hotting to the druids, PoH will do a lot more and will heal more low hp targets intuitively and is a *vital* glyph
    But I heard that PoH is only really good with 600+ haste. I'm currently at 464, and the HoT out of the glyph really only ticks for 800-1000 roughly. Would'nt renew serve better as a filler?

u only got 464 haste and going to heroics?

lolwut u should have more and u get loads of haste from the totems and budgies. thamm PoH it is win

C.M.S, My favorite thing to start the morning with.

Quote Originally Posted by Soranis View Post
    u only got 464 haste and going to heroics?

lolwut u should have more and u get loads of haste from the totems and budgies. thamm PoH it is win

?

Prayer of Healing really starts to shine with heavy haste gear. Aim for ~900 haste if you can, and you will love the spell.

Though, if blizzard removed the glyph from the game tomorrow, I probably wouldn't care too much. That said, the extra healing does help out on heavy aura fights like blood queen and sindragosa.

The renew glyph, as others have said, is bad for 25man raiding. While the extra HPS is decent enough, most fights will favour the longer duration over the stronger ticks, and the downside of not being able to keep renew up on a lot of people is definitively notable. I don't think this glyph is particularly worthwhile myself.

Glyph of CoH and Glyph of Guardian Spirit should be mandatory on any holypriest. For the third glyph, I feel that Glyph of Prayer of Healing is the strongest choice, but it's not going to change your life. So go ahead and experiment ^^

Well Danner, it looks great on 900. But you should start loving the spell after 600 (assuming Wrath of Air and Swift Retribution/Improved Moonkin)! If you can build an affection then, it will turn into a romantic need for it once you get that much haste.

... or something...

//_-)

Give us an armory! When we see spellpower gems everywhere we will crucify you and tell you to go +20 haste if you are in fact going for heroics.

!!