Thread: Frost pve

Frost pve

I already posted links to my frost pve talent tree and I wana explain further why I choosed and filled it that way...
    ( Remember 1 thing the beta patches could change the trees and switch tier talents the whole time but for now this is the way I think its best for frost pve... )

http://www.wowtal.com/#k=15Ob_60TC.9mn.mage

First the subspec:

I choose only arcane cuz 4% crit change for 2 spells in my opinion is not important... ( first tier of fire talent tree ) I choose ofc the haste talent which increases your haste speed by 3% ( I think that talent will be removed cuz its a passive talent and I am almost sure they put that into the mastery thing ).
    Torment the weak was ofc a very important talent cuz increases damage done of frostbolt and frostfirebolt by and 6% when target is slowed or snared...
    Arcane consentration was not an important talent on the first way I looked at it cuz frost pve is not mana burning in raids or dungeons but the talent beneath it is awsomeness..
    Arcane potency was in my eyes a very handy talent cuz 15% crit change for your 2 next damage spells is very handy since the shatter talent and fingers of frost only let your deepfreeze and icelance crit...

My frost talents were.. well not very different.

Shatter talent very good for icelance and deepfreeze ( Hopefully they dont remake that talent and it would be cool if they added frostbolt and frostfirebolt to it again but will see...)
    Well some talents are just must have no opinion about that...

I rather choose permafrost then piercing ice cuz of glyph of frostbolt.
    But I always had troubles with that cuz I dont know if you still get FoF and BF without the slow effect and without permafrost...

Well the other talents are just a must have again...

When I saw you needed to have ice barrier to have deepfreeze I thought hmmmm the talent of shatter barrier could by good for kiting in raids so i putted 1 point into that talent...

Frost fire orb I wont have an opinion on that talent its just the greatest change for me in the frost talent tree, its great for frost pve/ elemental spec...

I hope you could understand my awful english

Ow ye I choose glyph of icelance over molten armor cuz I dont think 2% will make that big diffrence in raids of dungeons and an increasing of the damage caused by icelance looks more important to me then 2% extra crit change...

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 11:42 AM ----------

But still the this is what I choose for now cuz EVERYTHING CAN CHANGE IN THE BETA and then glyphs are also getting a remake

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 11:43 AM ----------

But still the this is what I choose for now cuz EVERYTHING CAN CHANGE IN THE BETA and then glyphs are also changing.

With the new extra frostfire damage deep in frost tree it could probably be worth going into the fire tree to get ignite and use FFB as main nuke spell. Which means FFB spec changes completely from deep fire to deep frost, especially since they have removed some things like 50% crit damage deep in fire tree.
    The interesting parts is that some talents are based around ONLY frostbolt, so question is if FFB will be a viable spec at all, or if it will completely own frostbolt spec. I'm not gonna judge yet, but it's an interesting thing.

-FFB spec would probably include tossing a frostbolt in sometimes for replenishment, but brain freeze means you just keep using FFB all the time which makes it an even more zzzz spec.

Hope I made some sense, usually don't. Feel free to discuss

Pure, Alliance Turalyon EU 8/8 25 HC

Hmmmm well we will see what will be the best finally ;O

This is actually really interesting, I'd love to see our mages back at frost pve. As long as it's just not frostbolt spam again.

But with deathfrost it would be handy to use first frost bolt and then frostfirebolt as main nuke spell ^^ but they need really to lower the casting time of frostfirebolt like from 3.0 sec to 2.5 cuz I can now already see people with these faces : -_-

Quote Originally Posted by starkilleralfa View Post
    Hmmmm well we will see what will be the best finally ;O
    That is very true my friend, but from experience I know most people here don't have the patience!

Quote Originally Posted by Kooshkrusher View Post
    This is actually really interesting, I'd love to see our mages back at frost pve. As long as it's just not frostbolt spam again.
    Question is how boring FFB spec would be if you only use Frostfire Bolt, a frostbolt every now and then and a deep freeze. Rather than Hot Streaks and Living Bomb, then again. FFB might not be viable at all.

Quote Originally Posted by starkilleralfa View Post
    But with deathfrost it would be handy to use first frost bolt and then frostfirebolt as main nuke spell ^^ but they need really to lower the casting time of frostfirebolt like from 3.0 sec to 2.5 cuz I can now already see people with these faces : -_-
    Well yes I forgot to add that, aslong as Deathfrost only procs off of Frostbolt we might aswell use that for reple and the mastery, and then gogo FFB. Actually, now it's starting to look like the rotation can become a bit complicated.

Dont forget frost fireorb... I think this will be the rotation lies on how much seconds deathfrost bonus stays...

Frostbolt - Frostfireorb - frostfirebolt - frostfirebolt - FoF/BF - ( FoF use first icelance then frostfirebolt and then deepfreeze / BF use frostbolt and then frostfirebolt ) then again frostfireorb and icyveins is a spell u must activate when you think it is the best time to use it

Think you should skip ice lance in that rotation to be honest, except if you are moving and have no other spell to use.

Deleted
    I have been quite interested in FFB spec since torment of the weak got nerfed.

I was originally thinking of the usual FFB spec mainly focusing on fire with living bomb, but the frostfire orb talent has thrown a bit of a spanner in the works on that one.

It seems Blizzard may want us to go further in frost than fire this time round, perhaps even having FFB as a pvp spec. Will have to wait and see how it pans out.