Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nielah View Post
    They only gave a feat, never a title.
    Unless you mean realm firsts in DUNGEONS?
    No, to begin with just before TBC was launched they planned on adding titles to realm first shaman, mage but it was later removed.
    Synit 110 - Orc Elemental Shaman [Active]

Do it like the boys from southpark
    Sha of *Gay* Pride!

I'd suggest eating nothing but raisin bran. It's a food easy to eat quick and prepare quick. Then when it needs to leave your system, well that will be quick too cause you've had a lot of fiber.

Eat few packs of ground nutmeg although you may suffer from some side effects later on.

But at least you won't fall asleep for few days and have a nice trip in your head

Caffeine pills, thousands of them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Amphetamines, Redbull, Foods @ Desk and alot of Rest before start! = win

I'm already anticipating news reports about players suffering from serious health issues caused by increased blood pressure while racing to 85.

That and exhaustion.

10+ Year Old Account
    If someone whisper you now saying "Hey i was the first level 80 player in the server" would you care even a little?
    If yes get a freaking life seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Funknotic View Post
    They took out realm first due to alot people killing themselves trying to get realm first in WotLK
    As they should.

I'm getting sick of these realm first threads, so much bother over something that can kill them and even then they aren't guaranteed to get it.
    Last edited by Frumpy Frumpy Frak; 2010-07-16 at 03:42 PM.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

I was the first Bloodsail Admiral on Tortheldrin.

R U MPRESSED?!

Yeah, I agree with all the hate.
    Why would you risk your life, take no sleep, eat nothing, don't use personal hygiene and be a total shut-in for being the realm first in a god damn MMO-Game?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy WoW, but it's not worth it to do all this crap for literally nothing.

And If some people really are serious about this stuff, they maybe should take a break.
    And no, I don't want to tell you what to do with your time, but you may regret it, if you miss anything just for a realm first (which you not might be getting at all)
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jowanda View Post
    I am planning to try for the level 85 realm first. I currently am not in the beta and only plan to take this goal seriously if I get an invite. In the meantime however it would be nice to read a guide or some tips from veterans. Due to the nature of the subject I would understand if there were no such thing available, but it never hurts to ask. At the very least I would want to see some general overview of someones experience with the goal.
    i did server first 80 draenei and shammy on wotlk, had leveled to 80 on beta so it was kinda easy.
    I stopped for sleep however and thats why i lost server first 80 :P

i dont plan the same for cata. i WILL get server first 85 !

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamonium* View Post
    i did server first 80 draenei and shammy on wotlk, had leveled to 80 on beta so it was kinda easy.
    I stopped for sleep however and thats why i lost server first 80 :P

i dont plan the same for cata. i WILL get server first 85 !
    Sleep is your enemy , eliminate him and you will earn eternal glory and respect on the internet.

I was sick as a dog during the WotLK retail launch.. and HAD to lseep 6-8 hours each day.. with a coupel hours break in between.. still managed to get server first Alliance mage (tho there is no achievement for it)

I was 3rd or 4th 80 on Alliance perhaps 5-6 completely.

Don't think anyone mentioned them.. get stacks of appropriate "scrolls of"

If you get in beta... make note of the retarded quests that waste a lot of time and skip them if possible (chain quests may not be able to)

Mkae note of attractive areas fo rAoE pulls... not to stay and grind.. but when you pass, clear the groups quickly then back to your questing.

It wouldn't hurt to have a 3 scrolls of enchants of each type so you can upgrade gear and still get max effectiveness... mail yourself extras of everything for easy access without taking all you inventory space.

Stack 25 quests in your log.. preferably from a few dailies questhub locations for easy mass turn in.. like the Hodir and Argent Tournament dailies... ... and turn them in at login for a quick burst of EXP.

Make sure you can handle the stress of Druids flyign and pickign up all the pickables in your face while you kill mobs... and mages that pull all the shit in the zone and leave you tapping your foot...
    Last edited by AuthurDent; 2010-07-16 at 04:13 PM.

or what you can do, is group with some friends/etc and enjoy the leveling and story, rather than speeding through it

For some people the "rushing" and competition is a very attractive aspect of the game... Many will "race to 80"... and being a part of that "frenzy" can be a lot of fun.

I have plenty of alts I will "slow down" with and enjoy the process...

Meat. Lots of meat and protine filled food. That'll keep you awake and alert.

First of all - no one cares who gets realm first max level of a class/race. Second, no one remembers who got them for LK.

Last but not least - you want a Beta so you can do all the quests, learn all the zones etc etc in the hopes that it will make it easier once it goes live? Protip #245: That's not what Beta is for - hope you don't get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudosavior View Post
    I'm just pointing it out, and it may just be how tired I am right now, but you totally misused the term 'an hero'.
    That's correct useage, it's just more prevalent in the UK.

Thank you for speaking for millions. (Uh.. but you are wrong)

The people who care DO remember the Server Firsts.. those same people will go at it again and enjoy every last second...

And you can just be jealous if thats what suits you... but there is no reason for you to try and stomp on someone else's fun.

And as far as benefitting from Beta? lolz... Nothing wrong with a little mutually beneficial activity eh? I mean... running thru all the quests in testing sure beats the peeps I see looking for wallhacks and re-rolling WOrgen over and over to share them on their personal "I love me" stream shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    First of all - no one cares who gets realm first max level of a class/race. Second, no one remembers who got them for LK.

Last but not least - you want a Beta so you can do all the quests, learn all the zones etc etc in the hopes that it will make it easier once it goes live? Protip #245: That's not what Beta is for - hope you don't get one.