T10 set bonus vs 264 badge gear

Hello guys, i'm a recently dinged holy paladin still gearing up in triumphs gear and stuff, and i was wondering when i get enough frost badges wether i should go for tier 10 set or use my frost emblems to buy the ilvl264 badge gear

Thanks in advance

2Set Holy Bonus is AMAZING. Most holy pallys get Shoulders+Helm, mainly the 2 PC is all they get, atleast ours...Then nothing is really worth getting pass that at least to my knowledge..If your FoL Spamming then 4PC should be good though I think, although this isn't optimal at all.

Yeah i'm probably going to get the 2piece bonus, but i wanted to check if other holy pallys took the 4pc bonus as well, but i dont think it's really worth it

To clarify, yes the 4 set is garbage, and the cloth chest remains better than the 264 tier chest (Even though it is itemized closer to our needs than the gloves or pants) I'd get the set first as a general rule, but an armory link can help us tell you what to go for first (You may have a blue chest or something, I don't know.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kmalfaisal View Post
    Yeah i'm probably going to get the 2piece bonus, but i wanted to check if other holy pallys took the 4pc bonus as well, but i dont think it's really worth it
    Yeah, I haven't played holy since BC, I've minimally monitored the changes for upcoming app's only. But Crit/MP5/SP Gear isn't that great for Holy Light Spamming, more towards FoL spamming. Holy Light spamming goes with Crit/Haste/Spellpower/INT Stacking. FoL spammers stack Spellpower atleast to my knowledge.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...dar&cn=Swizzle

here's an armory link

Some advice on which gear i should get first would be great, thank you again in advance

---------- Post added 2010-07-16 at 07:05 AM ----------

and currently i am using FoL spam as i noticed holy light spamming makes me go oom sometimes, but well it's probably because im not as experienced with holy pallys but FoL spamming has helped me heal through toc 10/25 and voa 10/25 so far, still haven't set foot in icc yet though
    Last edited by Kmalfaisal; 2010-07-16 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ammor View Post
    Yeah, I haven't played holy since BC, I've minimally monitored the changes for upcoming app's only. But Crit/MP5/SP Gear isn't that great for Holy Light Spamming, more towards FoL spamming. Holy Light spamming goes with Crit/Haste/Spellpower/INT Stacking. FoL spammers stack Spellpower atleast to my knowledge.
    You still need to get your FoL haste capped, which, raid buffed I think is around 8-900. Crit mp5 is pretty terrible for all situations and all healers.

OP: Yupyup, get your 2 set. Get the chest. Get the 264 gloves. Firecrest has a guide for frost emblems, but it assumes your capes sucks, and thanks to the winter boss, yours really doesn't.
    (Also, run reg ToC 5 for the trinket that's significantly better then what you're using, and get the ilevel 200 heroism emblem libram.)

FoL haste cap is 676 raid buffed.
    The reason no one goes for the 4pc bonus is that in doing so, you miss out on so much haste from the off-set items that your holy light (with the bonus!) is still a slower cast time than with said off-set pieces... ie, yes its garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorn View Post
    FoL haste cap is 676 raid buffed.
    The reason no one goes for the 4pc bonus is that in doing so, you miss out on so much haste from the off-set items that your holy light (with the bonus!) is still a slower cast time than with said off-set pieces... ie, yes its garbage.
    Are you sure about that? I run without the boomkin aura, but I have wrath of air and my flash of lights are still a little above cap.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...%C3%AArwordhug

It may just be the boomkin aura, or perhaps some other spell haste buff you're missing. Fully raid buffed with 676, your FoL should be 1 sec cast time.

edit- Looking at your gear (missing a shoulder enchant btw) I kinda feel dumb asking, but you're making sure to keep your judgment haste buff up, right? You're close to capping without the boomkin aura...
    Last edited by Dorn; 2010-07-16 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    Are you sure about that? I run without the boomkin aura, but I have wrath of air and my flash of lights are still a little above cap.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...%C3%AArwordhug
    Did you ever use a judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmalfaisal View Post
    currently i am using FoL spam as i noticed holy light spamming makes me go oom sometimes, but well it's probably because im not as experienced with holy pallys but FoL spamming has helped me heal through toc 10/25 and voa 10/25 so far, still haven't set foot in icc yet though
    Get the lv200 libram, it saves you a huge amount of mana.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ammor View Post
    2Set Holy Bonus is AMAZING. Most holy pallys get Shoulders+Helm, mainly the 2 PC is all they get, atleast ours...Then nothing is really worth getting pass that at least to my knowledge..If your FoL Spamming then 4PC should be good though I think, although this isn't optimal at all.
    The 2pc just contributes to more overheal.

If used correctly it's a good cooldown. It can counter plea's reduced healing, it is a great output buff on valithria, and i'm sure there are more ways to see a benefit from that 2p bonus that i, as a ret, don't know.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT