Scripted Boss Strat Explanations?

First off, no I'm not an officer in my guild. I just like to do my homework and help out where possible... anyways.....

So basically, in our guild we have been looking to improve our raid calling and make things a little more organized. We have officers that have strong voices but don't always explain the fight very well and kinda confuses people. We have officers that know the fights very well, but don't have a very powerful voice to convey the message and then we have officers that just kinda ramble and spend 20mins explaining the fight.

One idea I thought of earlier this afternoon (in a nutshell) was a scripted explanation (200-500 words) for each boss. This could be decided/clarified by all leaders/officers prior to raids, and then simply read out by a given officer that is calling the raid before each boss fight.

This could also be accompanied by a simple bullet pointed macro (~5 "Key Things") that could be used to specify key points that need specific attention.

What I am asking, does anyone use a similar method in their raid calling? are there any potential flaws I am overlooking here?

ookayyyyy......

Why don't you just get your raiders to do their own research? You know, basic competency.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space

Yeah self research would be nice, and certainly how I personally believe it should be. But we are having a hard enough time getting people show up, let alone kick them if they don't do their homework.

They don't have a powerful enough voice to convey the message? Tell the rest of the guild to listen...May not be that you can't tell them right, it may just be no ones listening, and it's not the person speaking's fault.

Good guilds tend to build slowly. First recruit in mass. Second kick those that fail. Start people off on small/easy raids. VoA/Ony/ToC. Put in officer or two and have them evaluate people. Don't have them just be like 'ZOMG I OUT DPS'D EVERYONE!' Have them look at their gear/spec and find out if they're pulling the numbers they should be. Use recount to find out how much dmg they took and from what (standing in flames too much etc).

Recount is a great tool for monitoring more then simple DPS. Find out what people died from, if they were interrupting/dispelling/CC what not. Find out if they were switching to adds or if they just tunneled to up their DPS.
    Kick me, your limping. Stab me, your bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Garrim View Post
    Good guilds tend to build slowly. First recruit in mass. Second kick those that fail. Start people off on small/easy raids. VoA/Ony/ToC. Put in officer or two and have them evaluate people. Don't have them just be like 'ZOMG I OUT DPS'D EVERYONE!' Have them look at their gear/spec and find out if they're pulling the numbers they should be. Use recount to find out how much dmg they took and from what (standing in flames too much etc).

Recount is a great tool for monitoring more then simple DPS. Find out what people died from, if they were interrupting/dispelling/CC what not. Find out if they were switching to adds or if they just tunneled to up their DPS.
    This.

Most rookie raiders and/or raid leaders will look at meters and meters alone to judge their raiders.

You also need to be looking at things such as interrupts/dispels/CC.
    Their are plenty of mods out their that will help you keep track of things like that, as well as how many times people stand in/get hit by particular spells/abilities.

If you're really looking to improve the quality of your raiders, use these things, and talk to the people that seem to fail at them.
    You don't need to single them out and embarrass them in front of everyone, either. Just talk to them privately and tell them they need to focus on avoiding things/interrupting/dispelling etc.
    Let them know that it's better to do LESS dps and focus more on their surroundings. Once people are able to focus more effectively on that, it'll only be a matter of time before their DPS picks up.

You may also want to parse your raids on post the logs on forums. Most people are willing to give you constructive criticism and advice if you ask for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tigercat View Post
    Don't use facts, they unsettle peoples' prejudices, and once that happens the flames start.
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Its Science, just ask Albert Einstien, he invented Space