Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Are mages a hybrid class?
    they are not going to design items which only one spec in the entire game can use any more when another spec can share it with them easily.
    Unless of course its a holy paladin, but we all know "Blizzard hates paladins." In fact, if my boss hated me as much as Blizzard hates paladins I'd own the company I work for.

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 09:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    bah, you got me good sir. you got me good.

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 09:42 PM ----------

warlocks have 3% hit worked into their masteries for all 3 specs.
    How can you even make this statement, when Blizzard has said many times that masteries are not finished yet and that most masteries that were not the ones affected by mastery rating are now gone. They just totally redid masteries. They just mentioned it in the twitter chat that you are complaining about not having the right questions answered in. Its a pretty huge question with a pretty important answer and you totally missed it, yet you complain about other questions...FFS! There are currently no live masteries, so I have no clue where you get such an idea.

wait.....wha? you kind of argue against your own point there friend.
    I know, but thats not the point. My point is that even though I know why you don't want people asking those questions it doesn't mean you have a right to say what is/isn't ok to say. You do know that to disagree with someone while still letting them know you understand their points requires you to let them know, hence the first sentence being that way. The first sentence in an arguement doesn't always make it the stance you're taking.

you actually can't do either thing. spouting anti-Semitic remarks will get you sent to prison and yelling at someone's children will also. again, freedom of speech doesn't say you have the right to say whatever the fuck you want to whoever the fuck you want, it says you shouldn't fear government censorship of ideas. doesn't mean someone can't report you to the police and you can be arrested for disorderly conduct and inciting a riot.
    Neither of those things are illegal or punishable by law.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolretadin View Post
    I know, but thats not the point. My point is that even though I know why you don't want people asking those questions it doesn't mean you have a right to say what is/isn't ok to say. You do know that to disagree with someone while still letting them know you understand their points requires you to let them know, hence the first sentence being that way. The first sentence in an arguement doesn't always make it the stance you're taking.
    Besides, you don't think there were plenty of paladins asking plenty of stupid questions? I'm willing to bet they asked everything form "will rets wtfpown faceroll again in cataclysm" to "will there ever be a holy dps caster paladin." Those are asked every single time there is something like this. Yet Blizzard, ignored those questions in order to give actual information paladins. Don't you think Blizzard understands the difference between a good question/answer and a bad one? I think the only legitimate complaint you have here is against Blizzard not against the people asking the questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    Unless of course its a holy paladin, but we all know "Blizzard hates paladins." In fact, if my boss hated me as much as Blizzard hates paladins I'd own the company I work for.
    Yup, but they actually addressed that in the Developer Feed too, someone asked if there was a possibility of making Ret Paladins able to use Spellpower Plate gear, but the Developers said that they considered it but it would be far to hard to balance, and that having Holy Paladins be the only ones who can use Spellpower Plate is better than any of the alternatives they have been able to come up with.

I suppose it's good that they are thinking about this, and with the talents I quoted before there will be less chance of a useless or semi-useless item dropping in a raid, but since none of the other Plate classes use Spellpower for anything, and only one Paladin spec is based around it, it's kind of a pain.

15+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 09:45 PM ----------

How can you even make this statement, when Blizzard has said many times that masteries are not finished yet and that most masteries that were not the ones affected by mastery rating are now gone. They just totally redid masteries. They just mentioned it in the twitter chat that you are complaining about not having the right questions answered in. Its a pretty huge question with a pretty important answer and you totally missed it, yet you complain about other questions...FFS! There are currently no live masteries, so I have no clue where you get such an idea.
    let me rephrase, not the mastery (aka the final tier one), the passive bonus for choosing a specific spec. much like how mages get +20% damage for w/e tree they choose to roll as, warlocks get 3% hit worked into that.

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 09:51 PM ----------

it's like saying "i'm all for free speech, except swizzle don't tell people what you think".

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by damntree View Post
    Neither of those things are illegal or punishable by law.
    corrected myself when i meant jail and not prison, thank ye sir.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by xionkarl View Post
    While I do agree some questions don't belong, who are you to tell people what questions they can and cannot ask? Last time I checked this was America and we had the freedom to be stupid if we want to.
    Last I checked the internet was also used in other countries... You do know you're not the only developed country on the planet right? I personally live in get-your-head-out-of-your-ass-you-bloody-american-shire, care to join me?
    Oh and even though you're right and he shouldn't be like that, the whole "freedom of speech" excuse gets old very fast because it's what stupid bastards use to justify what they say.... :/
    I AM SUPERIOR TO BLACKS, BREEDERS, JEWS AND WOMEN!!! \ O / (Freedom of speech.)

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    Yup, but they actually addressed that in the Developer Feed too, someone asked if there was a possibility of making Ret Paladins able to use Spellpower Plate gear, but the Developers said that they considered it but it would be far to hard to balance, and that having Holy Paladins be the only ones who can use Spellpower Plate is better than any of the alternatives they have been able to come up with.
    The answer is so incredibly easy though. You have shamans use plate. Problem solved. You have paladins use mail (and convert them to agility) and give protection a spec into plate without giving any of the other trees the ability so spec into it. You put a mandatory talent in retribution to convert spell power to strength. There are many different solutions. All are relatively viable, yet Blizzard would rather make special gear for holy paladins that only they will get access to.

15+ Year Old Account
    The answer is so incredibly easy though. You have shamans use plate. Problem solved. You have paladins use mail (and convert them to agility) and give protection a spec into plate without giving any of the other trees the ability so spec into it. You put a mandatory talent in retribution to convert spell power to strength. There are many different solutions. All are relatively viable, yet Blizzard would rather make special gear for holy paladins that only they will get access to.
    then they have to make special gear for resto shamans.
    BfA Beta Time

let me rephrase, not the mastery (aka the final tier one), the passive bonus for choosing a specific spec. much like how mages get +20% damage for w/e tree they choose to roll as, warlocks get 3% hit worked into that.
    You have me there, but are you seriously going to tell me 3% hit is better than 20% spell damage? They are going to scale the classes and balance them around both of the starting specialization skills. I can't believe they are giving the warlock felgaurd at level 10 (that is much more shocking than giving them spell hit).

corrected myself when i meant jail and not prison, thank ye sir.
    You do realize that jail is a place you go for up to a year for a misdemeanor correct. Hate speech and yelling at children are not a misdemeanor. Trust me, I would absolutely love it if they put everyone that used hate speech or yelled at children in jail. However, it hasn't ever happened. Use your head, do you really think there would be a Westboro Baptist Church or a KKK if you could send people to jail for verbally harassing minorities?

Sounds like any of those solutions would be a great deal more work than maintaining the status quo. So there's only one spec that can use one specific type of gear? Big deal! If Blizz wants to continue creating spell plate, it's their game. If they thought it was a big problem they would do something about it.

then they have to make special gear for resto shamans.
    No because restoration shamans and holy paladins would be sharing gear if shamans went plate or paladins went mail.

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 10:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fallacy View Post
    Sounds like any of those solutions would be a great deal more work than maintaining the status quo. So there's only one spec that can use one specific type of gear? Big deal! If Blizz wants to continue creating spell plate, it's their game. If they thought it was a big problem they would do something about it.
    It is a huge deal the 10th time spell plate drops for your raid and you only have 2 holy paladins. Also, this is my game and this is your game, we are the ones that pay the bills. If we didn't buy the game there would be no game. I am so sick of people saying this is Blizzards game when it simply isn't. They will do whatever keeps making them money because the product belongs to the consumer.

at OP, i dont see why your question has any more merit then the one asked, its a new expansion and people want to know about new features and ideas, not boring-ass theoretical crap, no offence.
    Besides its still in beta im sure Blizzard devs have as much of an idea on how it will work as you do, too early to give an answer so its too early to ask about it, besides i will guess they will leave that up to the players to figure out.
    "I think some of our best class designs come out when a mediocre player can get X performance out of the class with a simple rotation, but an exceptional players can coax slightly > X damage by doing a more complex rotation." - Ghostcrawler
    Its official, there is no skill in wow nor is it designed to require it, stop wasting time reading/making guides and just face-roll, you will just do "slightly" less dps.

it's like saying "i'm all for free speech, except swizzle don't tell people what you think.
    Now you're not only taking it out of context but you're showing your complete lack of understanding as to how human rights work. I'm all for free speech, but free speech has limitations which you tried to cross. Your freedom of speech here was meant to limit other peoples freedoms. The rights that humans have are only valid to the point of them becoming a threat to someone elses rights. What you call freedom of speech there was actually meant to tell people "You can't say that because if you do it shows you are of a lower intelligence of everyone else". Of couse you are probably thinking now "Well, wasn't your little speech there going against my rights?" and you would be right. But that is also allowed depending on the circumstance. If person A is doing something to limit the rights of person B - G and person H comes along and limits person A's rights so person B - G can have their rights back then person H is in the right. I'm sorry if the example is a little confusing but thats the simplest way of putting it without making it very long and still having it just about as confusing. Also, you are wrong about racism and yelling at children not being punishable by law. If it was reported of you doing either of those things you would at the very least get fined. Yelling at children randomly goes against their freedom of safety of their person which supercedes your freedom of speech and would most likely end up with a fine. Rascism on the other hand is MUCH more serious and is not covered by freedom of speech. It is punishable by both jail time and large fines.

I can only guess that it's not good to ask about a taurens p3n1z size. Compared to a gnome then. 42 btw

15+ Year Old Account
    You have me there, but are you seriously going to tell me 3% hit is better than 20% spell damage? They are going to scale the classes and balance them around both of the starting specialization skills. I can't believe they are giving the warlock felgaurd at level 10 (that is much more shocking than giving them spell hit).

You do realize that jail is a place you go for up to a year for a misdemeanor correct. Hate speech and yelling at children are not a misdemeanor. Trust me, I would absolutely love it if they put everyone that used hate speech or yelled at children in jail. However, it hasn't ever happened. Use your head, do you really think there would be a Westboro Baptist Church or a KKK if you could send people to jail for verbally harassing minorities?
    oh i'm not complaining that they get it, i'm just saying that they do. on a side note, we received the +20% damage to balance out the removal of talents that equated to approximately as much, so in terms of net gain, we remain unchanged, except all specs are out some hit.
    BfA Beta Time

Now you're not only taking it out of context but you're showing your complete lack of understanding as to how human rights work. I'm all for free speech, but free speech has limitations which you tried to cross. Your freedom of speech here was meant to limit other peoples freedoms. The rights that humans have are only valid to the point of them becoming a threat to someone elses rights. What you call freedom of speech there was actually meant to tell people "You can't say that because if you do it shows you are of a lower intelligence of everyone else". Of couse you are probably thinking now "Well, wasn't your little speech there going against my rights?" and you would be right. But that is also allowed depending on the circumstance. If person A is doing something to limit the rights of person B - G and person H comes along and limits person A's rights so person B - G can have their rights back then person H is in the right. I'm sorry if the example is a little confusing but thats the simplest way of putting it without making it very long and still having it just about as confusing. Also, you are wrong about racism and yelling at children not being punishable by law. If it was reported of you doing either of those things you would at the very least get fined. Yelling at children randomly goes against their freedom of safety of their person which supercedes your freedom of speech and would most likely end up with a fine. Rascism on the other hand is MUCH more serious and is not covered by freedom of speech. It is punishable by both jail time and large fines.
    Actually no. He was telling people their questions are bad, and that he thinks they should not bother asking them. He is not forcing them to shut up, he is simply expressing his opinion on the topic. Things like stopping a newspaper from printing someone would be what you are speaking of, but telling that newspaper they are stupid and shouldn't waste everyone elses time by publishing a specific article is not going against the basic right every human has to free speech.

15+ Year Old Account
    No because restoration shamans and holy paladins would be sharing gear if shamans went plate or paladins went mail.

---------- Post added 2010-07-17 at 10:06 PM ----------

It is a huge deal the 10th time spell plate drops for your raid and you only have 2 holy paladins. Also, this is my game and this is your game, we are the ones that pay the bills. If we didn't buy the game there would be no game. I am so sick of people saying this is Blizzards game when it simply isn't. They will do whatever keeps making them money because the product belongs to the consumer.
    oooooh, you were giving separate solutions. the problem in either case is that one armor type would be overloaded with competition and over itemization. there would be melee/ranged DPS, tank, caster DPS, and healer forms of the same armor type if you put shamans and paladins on the same armor type.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd View Post
    Actually no. He was telling people their questions are bad, and that he thinks they should not bother asking them. He is not forcing them to shut up, he is simply expressing his opinion on the topic. Things like stopping a newspaper from printing someone would be what you are speaking of, but telling that newspaper they are stupid and shouldn't waste everyone elses time by publishing a specific article is not going against the basic right every human has to free speech.
    And the said newspaper or the said people have the right to ignore him and or tell him to go bother someone else.
    But yeah, essentially.
    And am i the only one who thinks its pathetic we have to actually write on a paper what rights humans have? we truly are a retarded race.
    "I think some of our best class designs come out when a mediocre player can get X performance out of the class with a simple rotation, but an exceptional players can coax slightly > X damage by doing a more complex rotation." - Ghostcrawler
    Its official, there is no skill in wow nor is it designed to require it, stop wasting time reading/making guides and just face-roll, you will just do "slightly" less dps.

10+ Year Old Account
    You really are butthurt now that someone wants to play frost? You seriously have to have something against frost.. You're afraid of snow or something? :P