Page 21 of 76 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think Jaina and Tyrande should be dropped out of the tournament in favor of Khadgar, Gul'dan, Drek'thar, or even Kel'thuzad. Jaina "give peace a chance" Proudmoore and Tyrande "wherefore art thou Malfurion" Whisperwind don't make sense for this type of contest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Robbyjawz View Post
    Thank God, at least Medivh is making an appearance, just hope he at least makes it to the Sweet Sixteen at the least, still see VanCleef or Lothar winning it all however.
    Van Cleef? Really? Maybe if your warcraft knowledge is limited to first 20 levels as human...

People like Arthas, Illidan, Grom and Thrall have strong chances of winning. They are the well-known posterchild characters. Remember, even the less lore-savvy people can vote.

Van Cleef has a strong chance of winning because of his great popularity. He also fits the archetype of this tournament better than most, as his history and accomplishments are impressive. He even trained his daughter to be an elite commando capable of taking over for him after his death. If he makes it past Varian he'll go far.

must have champion for the cows !!

I am the Warrior. Death is my business. Be it yours...or mine.

Deleted
    VanCleef wins, why? Because the Brotherhood is still there.

10+ Year Old Account
    If Van Cleef can beat out King Chin's fanboys then he will get a lot of votes for his cause.
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Varian is popular, but he's also despised by many, so Van Cleef will probably beat him, since he'll get a lot of people voting for him because they dislike Varian. Also, I reiterate my request to have Tyrande and Jaina removed from this tournament, they don't fit in at all. If you must have more female characters, bring in Alleria or even Valeera.

this thread needs more: Darius "FistCleave" Crowley, Thassarian, Garrosh, Player Character, and CAPITAN PLACEHOLDER!!!!!!
    A proud member of the Cataclysm Beta Club as of 7/27/10

Quote Originally Posted by OutOfThisWorld View Post
    Varian is popular, but he's also despised by many, so Van Cleef will probably beat him, since he'll get a lot of people voting for him because they dislike Varian. Also, I reiterate my request to have Tyrande and Jaina removed from this tournament, they don't fit in at all. If you must have more female characters, bring in Alleria or even Valeera.
    Honestly, I think Tyrande is plenty badass. It's just me.

And casters seem to have a much better chance at winning, actually. It doesn't matter if normally they're peaceful, it matters how well they fight, and Jaina is certainly a VERY powerful mage.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 06:28 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Neelargara View Post
    this thread needs more: Darius "FistCleave" Crowley, Thassarian, Garrosh, Player Character, and CAPITAN PLACEHOLDER!!!!!!
    Crowley's in.

Yes, it does matter if they're peaceful, because we have no reference point as to what they can actually accomplish. Tyrande has never done anything of note. What's her big accomplishment, rescuing Malfurion so he could then handle everything from that point on? And when has Jaina used her supposedly amazing powers for anything other than teleportation? The best she ever managed to do is annoy the Lich King.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get it, so we are voting on who wins each individual battle? Because if it was a real fight, I assumed Jaina or Medivh win easily?

Basically the whole idea of this is a popularity contest, plus lore debate. It's for fun, that's all. If you prefer one character to win over another, you cast your vote that way, and if you want you can make arguments for them, or against their opponent. It should be entertaining.

Go hogger!

Need any help here on the forums? Just PM and I'll be more then glad to help you!

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn it all! I just saw that Zul'jin was facing Thrall, why god why? Now the one-armed troll king will lose to Thrall because of his popularity! Zul'Jin is a true badass of Warcraft
    VanCleef wants you! Join the Defias Brotherhood and hang out on a yacht all day!

Quote Originally Posted by Eurytos View Post
    Pit Jaina against Arthas in the first round in bracket 4.

Also, where are you getting these pictures from? Several I have seen, many others I have not and they look really cool.
    Pretty much just wowwiki and google image search.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 02:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by warcrimes View Post
    must have champion for the cows !!
    Tauren representation is coming next!

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 02:49 PM ----------

Basically you are voting for who you think wins in a fight to death on neutral ground. However you come to your decision is entirely up to you. The individual battle threads can get as lore heavy or heated as you guys want.
    Last edited by Nuke1096; 2010-07-20 at 06:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argent confessor Paletress, if not then for the tauren i nominate Hamuul Runetotem

Yes, it does matter if they're peaceful, because we have no reference point as to what they can actually accomplish. Tyrande has never done anything of note. What's her big accomplishment, rescuing Malfurion so he could then handle everything from that point on? And when has Jaina used her supposedly amazing powers for anything other than teleportation? The best she ever managed to do is annoy the Lich King.
    Well, Tyrande did a ton in Warcraft III, both games. I haven't played in awhile, though, so I might be mistaken, but she did basically lead the night elves. She's also extremely close to Elune. I remember Jaina also being described as one of the best mages alive, but dunno.

Also, I reiterate my request to have Tyrande and Jaina removed from this tournament, they don't fit in at all. If you must have more female characters, bring in Alleria or even Valeera.
    I think both Jaina and Tyrande can hold their own in this competition. Besides, don't worry, one of them will be going home in the first round anyway

You should put Orgrim Doomhammer.

Quote Originally Posted by Splub View Post
    You should put Orgrim Doomhammer.
    You clearly haven't read the last few pages