Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Paladins- The Hero Class of Cataclysm.

In Vanilla pallys were just the raid healers of the alliance (if you look at tier)... in BC pallys could tank and heal while wearing the same gear.... in WOLK gear became more spec dependent (no more tanks with x amount of spell power gear) in Cataclysm, WTF. Holy Power! Pet/Guardian things?! I cant tell if they're becoming even more OP or blizz is just saying "screw it, they're OP enough, might as well make them the unofficial hero class of Cataclysm". I made a pally in BC and leveled it all the way to 80 and i have to admit they are extremely on the OP side. So please, if you agree or disagree, let me hear it.

Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.

blizzard defined "hero class" as a class that started at lvl 55 and had a unique starter quest hub. so, no.
    Last edited by Banky.Edwards; 2010-07-17 at 04:33 PM.
    85 Retribution Paladin | 85 Fire Mage | 85 Frost Death Knight | 85 Elemental Shaman | 85 Demonology Warlock |85 Arms Warrior | 85 Marksman Hunter

Paladins had their turn during the beginning of wrath. Its the turn of the shamans and druids now.
    "Care about 'er? I love her! I'd kill everyone in the world and myself if she wanted it!"

[Insert Disagreement Speech Here]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by fex View Post
    Unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
    this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raxxius View Post
    in BC pallys could tank and heal while wearing the same gear....
    I missed the memo on "paladin tanks didn't need avoidance or migitation, let alone defence cap in TBC"..

10+ Year Old Account
    i was hoping to get a better reaction, im just curious if people shared the same views i do on paladins...

i was hoping to get a better reaction, im just curious if people shared the same assumptions i do on paladins...
    Fixt
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbic
    Hello and also one greeting to each and all,I play Mage class. Whoa I am freaking wild man. My friend if a huntear when I watch it I alway think about this. What makes a hunter Great. How can he do it. And it will be hard. Ever one else is going to get new spells so wat about the hunter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Electromatt View Post
    ruh roh, sorry i just finished masturbating, cant use english correctly.

Deleted
    OMG! Holy Power! Wtf! It has the word power in it! This must mean it's overPOWERed! I can predict class changes through a two-word phrase spilled through a dev chat! I can predict that their pet will be overpowered even though it's not even in beta yet! Am I cool yet for being alarmist?!?!?!?!?!

...Yeah, no.

I being a Paladin kno what im talking about when i say dont get to excited about what there going to do because once it changes EVERY other class is going to complain about it and we will get NERFed out the butt-hole to ware we can be beaten by a critter. Yea looks like there making us OP but they have already goten rid of the guardian and believe me its not going to be the first thing they take away from us. So all im saying is if we are as beast as they seem to make us, it wont last for long Blizz teases us with this stuff lets us have it for a while then takes it away.

Fail.

Inb4 my sig is used against me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tharaldriel View Post
    OMG! Holy Power! Wtf! It has the word power in it! This must mean it's overPOWERed! I can predict class changes through a two-word phrase spilled through a dev chat! I can predict that their pet will be overpowered even though it's not even in beta yet! Am I cool yet for being alarmist?!?!?!?!?!

...Yeah, no.
    no.... it just makes me think of the DK, and how a pally would use mana (as runic power) and holy power as a enhancer/rune system. its too early in the morning for people to be thinking, i understand.

Really? Don't you know by now that no matter what you post here, the first page of replies will almost always contain brainless morons trying to be "witty" by slapping up years-old internet memes like "unsuccessful troll is unsccessful" and "/quote. This."

Seriously, people don't even read or care about what's posted, they just want to flame people and be dumb. It's why I hardly bother with any forums anymore.

Anyway, to your topic. I think a lot of the classes are getting pretty cool advances in Cataclysm. You can easily make arguments that several classes are at least as powerful or more powerful than the real hero class, the Death Knight. I'm happy with the changes to the classes that I play, but I don't think we need to try to redefine any existing classes just because they're getting revamped with nice new features.

healing and tanking in the same gear in BC? thats bullshit, coming from a veteran prot pally. you couldnt tank in holy and you couldnt heal in prot gear. you didnt even share the same weapon for both speccs. you needed weapon that increased spell damage done, not healing done.
    geee, fail troll is fail.

i was hoping to get a better reaction, im just curious if people shared the same views i do on paladins...
    You were expecting to get a better reaction when you made completely fallacious statements such as this for example: "in BC pallys could tank and heal while wearing the same gear"?

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Paladins had their turn during the beginning of wrath. Its the turn of the shamans and druids now.

Pfft hahahahahahaha you don't pvp much apparently.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

no.... it just makes me think of the DK, and how a pally would use mana (as runic power) and holy power as a enhancer/rune system. its too early in the morning for people to be thinking, i understand.
    I like to Mana burn Paladins and steal their Divine plea. Holy power also sounds lame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DaigoroItsuno View Post
    Really? Don't you know by now that no matter what you post here, the first page of replies will almost always contain brainless morons trying to be "witty" by slapping up years-old internet memes like "unsuccessful troll is unsccessful" and "/quote. This."

Seriously, people don't even read or care about what's posted, they just want to flame people and be dumb. It's why I hardly bother with any forums anymore.

Anyway, to your topic. I think a lot of the classes are getting pretty cool advances in Cataclysm. You can easily make arguments that several classes are at least as powerful or more powerful than the real hero class, the Death Knight. I'm happy with the changes to the classes that I play, but I don't think we need to try to redefine any existing classes just because they're getting revamped with nice new features.
    you sir or madame, i thank you for your intelligence. you have saved me from suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by haté View Post
    i like to mana burn paladins and steal their divine plea. Holy power also sounds lame.
    introducing the mage-priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.