Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Not all WOTLK kids are bad!

today i was yelled and by a rogue, because i didnt heal him.

in Heroic Throne we were fighting an elite who spews out green stuff on the floor.
    his first spew was right under the rogue. he didnt move. the next 2 he did move but died

he then began to yell at me and tell me is suck at healing.
    i told him not to stand in bad things anymore.
    he asked me why i didnt heal him. i told him that he stood in fire, and that i was busy healing the tank (who was also...in fire)
    then he asked me if i started to play in wrath..i told him i did (which is true)...(he played pre-wrath)
    i told him its his fault that he died, cuz he stood in the fire, and he should consider it a lesson learned.
    he then replied with "well that doesnt change the fact that your a shitty healer"

on the next pull up the elevetor, he decided to pull a large mob and the tank didnt pick it up, cuz he fell down the elevator.
    before the rogue left he siad "lesson learned"
    i began to laugh at this show of eliteism

Moral of the story: Pre-wrath players should not feel entitled and cocky...just because you've player longer than someone, it doesnt neccesarily mean youre better
    Last edited by vazar_da_priest; 2010-12-20 at 07:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    no their not its just tbc/vanilla players who need to stroke their egos because they have ran kara and mc a few hundred more times and never actually did anything after that but all claim to have beaten the hardest bosses pre nerf.

Your story has nothing to do with your moral.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    Your story has nothing to do with your moral.
    he was a prewrath player who was entitled and cocky, and incredibley bad.

Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    How do you know? Nothing in your story says that.

Again, your story has nothing to do with your moral.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

Moral of the story: Pre-wrath players should not feel entitled and cocky...just because you've player longer than someone, it doesnt neccesarily mean youre better
    That is so obvious that it did not even need an entire thread for it.

Elitism is going to happen. It is understandable when it is earned, but more often than not it is very subjective, like the very sense of entitlement.

Honestly, do not waste your time saying that more experienced players can be bad or that newer players might be better. It is just too obvious. If you criticise others for saying that 'Wrath babies' are bad, going out of your way to say otherwise is also worthy of criticism, isn't it?

Every individual is different. Some are good at this game, some are not and there is no absolute fact to determine who is good or not. Do not fall for that, mate. Leave it be.

Quote Originally Posted by Niter View Post
    That is so obvious that it did not even need an entire thread for it.

Elitism is going to happen. It is understandable when it is earned, but more often than not it is very subjective, like the very sense of entitlement.

Honestly, do not waste your time saying that more experienced players can be bad or that newer players might be better. It is just too obvious. If you criticise others for saying that 'Wrath babies' are bad, going out of your way to say otherwise is also worthy of criticism, isn't it?

Every individual is different. Some are good at this game, some are not and there is no absolute fact to determine who is good or not. Do not fall for that, mate. Leave it be.
    im just a bit tired of being catagorized as a "wrath baby" for the simple fact i started playing during wrath.
    and im also tired of being catagorized as bad because i'm "casual"

Quote Originally Posted by Epsynus View Post
    i think you need to reread what he wrote.
    Story about bad player who does dumb things. Because, at some point, the bad player asks the OP when he started playing, the moral is that everyone who's played this game for more than a year and a half is an elitist jerk.

Got it.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

How do you know? Nothing in your story says that.

Again, your story has nothing to do with your moral.
    fix'd it for u

Deleted
    The term 'Wrath Baby' is not privy to people who started playing in Wrath. It is a term used for people who take Wrath difficulty as the standard, and refuse to adapt to a higher difficulty class.

Anyone who uses the term 'Wrath Baby' for other reasons, for instance, for people who joined in Wrath, are doing it wrong. Yes, you are entitled to laugh at them if they obviously show you that it's thém, not you, who are the Wrath Babies, despite the fact that they've played longer than you. Better still, you shóúld adress thém, like, for instance, that Rogue, as Wrath Babies. The irony is too good to pass up on.

Story about bad player who does dumb things. Because, at some point, the bad player asks the OP when he started playing, the moral is that everyone who's played this game for more than a year and a half is an elitist jerk.

Got it.
    lol i didn't say they all are. i just said they sholdnt be cocky and what not. l2 interpret text

User was warned for this post. "l2 interpret text" is slightly trolly and slightly in violation of Section 13.8 of the Forum Guidelines. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-20 at 11:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stirgid View Post
    The term 'Wrath Baby' is not privy to people who started playing in Wrath. It is a term used for people who take Wrath difficulty as the standard, and refuse to adapt to a higher difficulty class.

Anyone who uses the term 'Wrath Baby' for other reasons, for instance, for people who joined in Wrath, are doing it wrong. Yes, you are entitled to laugh at them if they obviously show you that it's thém, not you, who are the Wrath Babies, despite the fact that they've played longer than you. Better still, you shóúld adress thém, like, for instance, that Rogue, as Wrath Babies. The irony is too good to pass up on.
    sadly that definition was made up after it was used to describe players from wrath so the first one stuck. gl changing the definition

10+ Year Old Account
    Pre-Bc player here and i understand it all to well i do talk about the old days to but not as an ego thing but to share with younger players of how it was and if anybody really wanted to go back to Vanilla i will fucking slap them. IT was fun when it was current but id never want to do it again espcially the wintersaber trainer =.=

yes we are all born from the flames of passion that stirred in the loins of our four fathers![Friend Code: 3325-2545-2595]

im just a bit tired of being catagorized as a "wrath baby" for the simple fact i started playing during wrath.
    and im also tired of being catagorized as bad because i'm "casual"
    But now you are going to be categorised as a 'whiner'. Did it help? I do not believe so.

Just leave it alone. Play the game, be good at it and endure. People are not very nice and caring anywhere, it would not be very different in a game where a good portion of the playerbase like to say they are good just because it is some sort of status they need to maintain. They want to feed their egos, they need it. Arguing with them over it will not help, it will only lead to further frustration.

Vent away all you want, but do not expect something constructive coming out of it. Especially considering that most people inclined to reply to your thread cannot really care for that or can have the exact same opinion like the Rogue you met.

Do not fall for it. If somebody asks you when you started playing to 'categorise' you, say you started in Vanilla. 70% of all posters around here like that. The best way to deal with something that cannot be dealt with is simply avoiding it. Do not start a fight and if the other guy keeps taunting you, let him be the monkey he is trying to be. It saves you a lot of time and averts frustration much more quickly.

Know your game and care for your friends. Ignore dicks. That is all you can really do

It's not true that all wrath players suck BUT most of them are simply impatient and kinda dumb. Also not all prewrath players are super pro players but the majority is not that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    A better fitting title would be "Not all bads are WotLK kids!"
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

lol i didn't say they all are. i just said they sholdnt be cocky and what not. l2 interpret text
    Maybe if you would l2 English, it would be possible.

These stories are always completely without merit. They are worthless. Here's the truth.

There’s a solid chance that you fabricated the entire thing in an effort to push an agenda (in this case, you dislike the stigma attached to your experience with this game).

Assuming that something approximating your story did actually happen, it did not happen as you tell it. There’s always two sides to these and the person telling the story inevitably glazes over the other side. That’s just the way these things go and is what makes them without worth. In this case, there’s a solid chance that one death was not enough to start this whole thing. You probably were healing poorly or forgetting to dispell or some such.

And still, your story has nothing to do with your moral. The moral here (making the huge leap of assuming the story is accurate) is that bad players do dumb things. This is a moral that is so completely common sense that it warrants neither story nor post. You might as well give us a moral that says “the sky is blue”.

Most important thing to remember here is that anything that starts out like “the other day in a random dungeon…” has no value as a teaching tool. The best you can hope to accomplish is perhaps a funny story that makes people laugh.

User was warned for this post. Don't make fun of other people's grasp of English. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-20 at 10:28 PM.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>

It is one of those statistics where 99% of pre-wotlk players are better then post-wotlk players so it is just assumed you have 1% human error factor.

There will always be bad players in any group, but chances are that if the person played when the game was actually challenging and required thought (vanilla & TBC) then they will perform better then others

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk View Post
    It is one of those statistics where 99% of pre-wotlk players are better then post-wotlk players so it is just assumed you have 1% human error factor.

There will always be bad players in any group, but chances are that if the person played when the game was actually challenging and required thought (vanilla & TBC) then they will perform better then others
    tbc/vanilla players are the ones who are likly to complain about difficulty of cata because they no longer out gear the easy pre t7 heroics with the free t10 they got
    wotlk players go. ok so icc 5 mans were harder than nexus.... so cata heroics are harder than icc 5 mans... OK

Quote Originally Posted by Myrlae View Post
    It's not true that all wrath players suck BUT most of them are simply impatient and kinda dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    tbc/vanilla players are the ones who are likly to complain about difficulty of cata because they no longer out gear the easy pre t7 heroics with the free t10 they got
    wotlk players go. ok so icc 5 mans were harder than nexus.... so cata heroics are harder than icc 5 mans... OK
    The irony of you guys stereotyping the people you are complaining about stereotyping you is pathetic.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>