Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by RouVix View Post
    Well, sure it's clear. You just spent probably a good amount of time to say that movies are either good or bad. All that blabbering about art and artistic values doesn't contribute to the conversation in any way. You just said the same thing I did with a whole bunch of more words.
    You could have avoided to make me explain obvious things, then. Or avoided to make me talk of something you're not interested on.

Did I mention elitism already?

Oh right, I did. Lovely attitude you have there. "If I consider something to be not entertaining, anyone liking it must have a bad and uneducated taste".
    Yes, you did mention elitism already. Surely I don't go around bashing down people and telling that their taste sucks, which is enough to be in peace with my conscience. But having ideas about art theory and thinking that not everybody is God-gifted with good taste and discernment is not offensive by any meaning. If you have some odd conception of equality and your political sentiment is offended by my opinions, the solution is talking not with me.

Anyway, I never claimed that anybody being entertained by a 'bad movie' must necessarily have bad taste. That sentence was more likely to make you understand what I mean with 'bad movies' and such: it's still something that a typically uneducated audience will like and enjoy.
    Last edited by Memory; 2010-07-19 at 02:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Memory View Post
    You could have avoided to make me explain obvious things, then. Or avoided to make me talk of something you're not interested on.
    I didn't make you do anything. Well, atleast I like to believe I didn't make you do anything, because I'd be worried if I had that power over anyone through the internet.

Anyhow, you're missing my point again. I was asking you what you mean by 'art', because I thought it would actually mean something. It turns out it doesn't. Apparently you just like to use big words because you think they'll make your opinion more appealing. It turns out it doesn't.

But having ideas about art theory and thinking that not everybody is God-gifted with good taste and discernment is not offensive by any meaning.
    That's not even nearly what you said. Don't try to sugar-coat your words afterwards. And there's that word again, 'art'. And again, it comes with absolutely no content. I understand you like to be self-important, but unfortunately dropping that word in almost every sentence doesn't make your words have any more meaning. It just makes you look like a self-proclaimed elitist who thinks he's better than the average John Doe because you happen to watch 'good movies'. Turns out it doesn't.

You are missing a whole lot of points and your manners suck. Go chat with a mirror or so, I have no business with you.

Deleted
    You are missing a whole lot of points and your manners suck. Go chat with a mirror or so, I have no business with you.
    Coming from someone who missed the whole point of the thread I'm not even going to laugh at that.

It's more on the miserable side, if anything. I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Coming from someone who missed the whole point of the thread I'm not even going to laugh at that.

It's more on the miserable side, if anything. I feel sorry for you, I really do.
    Oh boy. Are you scripted? I surely don't need the approval of some internet boy who's thinking I miss the point just because the whole matter is above his head and he can't understand what I say. Go get a clue and come again. Arrogant jackass.
    Last edited by Memory; 2010-07-20 at 07:59 PM.

Deleted
    Oh boy. Are you scripted? I surely don't need the approval of some internet boy who's thinking I miss the point just because the whole matter is above his head and he can't understand what I say. Go get a clue and come again. Arrogant jackass.
    Haha, I thought you didn't have any business with me and I was the one whose manners sucked.

It just seems to me that you do, in fact, need the approval of some internet boy (legally I'm called a man though, but I'll let you have that one if it makes you feel better), as your ego just can't seem to let it be. Everyone KNOWS you misunderstood the point of the thread, and everyone KNOWS your hollow blabbering about art has no content, and everyone KNOWS you like pretending like you're an important, educated person when the sad fact is that probably just another miserable lowlife who has no other content in his life than trying to seem better than everyone else over the internet. But hey, good luck with that.

And don't even bother trying to make witty remarks about me not letting it go or anything else, as I'm not the one claiming "I don't have any business with you" or that everyone else's tastes are bad and educated.

And don't even bother trying to make witty remarks about me not letting it go or anything else, as I'm not the one claiming "I don't have any business with you" or that everyone else's tastes are bad and educated.
    Oh, don't worry about that, I know internet boys live of internet flames. I also believe you're the one who needs approval since you even have to imagine legions of anonymous 'everyones' behind you, to strengthen fanciful claims you're unable to prove with logics you're lacking in. Well, have fun?

Deleted
    Oh, don't worry about that, I know internet boys live of internet flames. I also believe you're the one who needs approval since you even have to imagine legions of anonymous 'everyones' behind you, to strengthen fanciful claims you're unable to prove with logics you're lacking in. Well, have fun?
    That's it? You're just going to cling to my use of the word everyone? What next, whine about my typos? Or maybe you're going to start calling me names? Oh right, you already did that.

I'm disappointed, I'm truly are. What bothers me though, is that why are still here? I thought you didn't have any business with me, but seems you like to have business me every time I post something. I also giggle a little when you say I make fanciful claims while your whole argument was based on the definition of 'art', while the only result of it was that it made you look like a self-righteous prick. The fact is that your self-built ivory tower is a little wobbly and will only last as long as noone gives it another look. I understand that you like to think your views of 'art' and 'artistic values' are somehow better than everyone else's, and that sets you somehow apart. But the real problem lies in that your perception of entertainment, and why not arts as a whole too, is terrifyingly limited and confined. I bet I would take it on the world too if mine was as constricted as yours. But that only means that you are, as a person, somewhat lacking and someone might even use the world retarded. However, accusing others of having 'bad' and 'uneducated' tastes is not going to change the fact that it's your own taste that's 'bad' and 'uneducated' if you're unable to enjoy a wide range of arts.

Deleted
    Ok.
    So, you accept defeat and admit you're an elitistic, self-righteous prick? Most excellent! I concur. Glad we can finally get ahead on this matter.

Yup, and I eat brainz.

(don't worry, you're safe)

Deleted
    Well aren't you a witty lad, trying to play the whole "I'm too cool to care" -card AND insult my intelligence a little bit at the same time.

Too bad obvious last resort is obvious.

Deleted
    I accept your surrender, and I raise:

15+ Year Old Account
    Please, that's quite far enough; there's no cause for a page and a half of this.