Becoming an awesome hunter

OK... Im new to lvl 80 and starting to do Heroic Dungeons. I wanted to reach out and find out whats the best way to spec your talent tree, whats the best pet to have, and whats the best way to set up the action bar to be very effective

Read stickies and prosper.

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean hunter FAQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    k I'm bored.
    1. Surv.
    2. Wolf.
    3. lol...
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Well if you just hit lvl 80 you should go BM since you don't have stats from gear to support your own damage, you probably want to get a Worm because they apply sunders which reduces the targets Armor by 20% and use that to make up for the lack of ArP you have through gear.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cxf0oggoruGGotcfiZx

10+ Year Old Account
    The Armor reduction from worms doesn't effect your ArP rating, but reduces the amount of armor you have to reduce, so when not using the worm, lets say you have 50% arp.

The boss has 10,000 armor (just for reference).

After your arp, it effectively has 5,000 armor. With a worm, you reduce the original armor from 10,000 to 8,000, and then your armor pen effects that number, so the boss has effectively 4,000 armor.

I've found Outdps.com and The Hunter Guide stickied here to be very helpful for both PvE and PvP information on getting back into my hunter, lot of good information there!

Quote Originally Posted by Djinra View Post
    Well if you just hit lvl 80 you should go BM since you don't have stats from gear to support your own damage, you probably want to get a Worm because they apply sunders which reduces the targets Armor by 20% and use that to make up for the lack of ArP you have through gear.
    http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cxf0oggoruGGotcfiZx
    BM @ 80 is never a good idea.

OP: Survival is going to net you the most DPS for your gear, hands down. Use a wolf as well. Work to stack hit to 263 (230 if you're a squid face) and focus on crit and AP gear. Gem for agility. Don't waste epic gems in gear less than ilvl 232 (unless you have easy access to ICC 10 gear in which case save your epic gems for that).

Spec: http://www.wowhead.com/talent#cZ0eVo...hedAhou:NAfzmM

If you want to spec for hit (which you may to start with since you won't be capped) take points from Careful Aim.