Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Get the Coldwraith Links for Valithria instead.
    Much better.

ALTHOUGH

If you don't really have access to loot like that, I'd say Noose if you need moar arp. And who doesn't, really.

Assuming you're a Warrior, Noose for sure.

Get the Noose

Trash the NES

Get Banner of Victory

Only socket 20+ Arpen 10+ Nightmare Tear

Only socket 20+ Arpen 10+ Nightmare Tear
    This is just bad advice. Switching all those gems to ArP and changing that trinket is still going to leave him well below the ArP hard cap. Not to mention sacrificing 600+ AP (unbuffed). So now he will be in no mans land with ArP and well below 5K AP.

Keep the NES and back out enough ArP gems to get back down to the ArP soft cap of 722. Gem your red sockets strength. Gem yellow sockets strength and crit. Your gear doesn't support trying to reach the hard cap. If you come across one of the ArP trinkets in ICC or RS you might want to consider going for the hard cap. Without even looking the value of strength far out weights ArP at the moment.

Also, might want to consider getting icewalker on your boots. You are still below the soft cap with your hit rating. Look to be 5% plus 3% from talents gets you to 8%.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

Landsoul's spreadsheet will tell you "leather or plate belt" and much more.

Long term LK?

Go with the leather.

Long term into Cat?

Probably the plate, but we still haven't seen mastery numbers off of wearing highest level armor yet.

I am debating getting the plate one simply for the hit that I need...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manatola View Post
    I am debating getting the plate one simply for the hit that I need...
    The leather belt is definately the better option. Just replace your glove enchant with the +20 hit rating one and place a +10str +10hit gem into the yellow socket which will grant the highest socket bonus; probally your Gloves. Problem solved.

I'd be more concerned about the fact that your 13 expertise over the cap.
    Last edited by mmocb907825fbc; 2010-07-18 at 09:41 PM.

Yeah, I am over the cap but the only way to fix it would be to replace my current cloak with the Agility one, thats another 60 frosts. I have a hard time justifying that, since I am trying to get my Prot set upgraded beyond my current 2pc T10 setup and lame belt/cloak/trinkets.

Well, the Agi cloack is better than the str one, and the agi belt is better than the str one.

You should have searched for this before you bought them imo.

Just checked your armory, and you did go for the noose, good choice man But seriously, depending on what you are raiding I don't think you will change your offhand soon but you should change your ring and/or your cloak to lose some exp for better itemised gear.

Also, put berserker on your offhand and change your hand-enchant to 20hit.

And try to get/buy a shadow's edge. It's sexy.

Do these, and you are at your caps and that much closer to arp cap.

Have Fun!
    Last edited by Pickwickman; 2010-07-19 at 04:22 PM.

Ill break it down for you in simple terms.

the value of hit as a fury warrior diminishes the more you have after 5% + 3% from talents (4% if alliance). Reason being is simple, for starters, if you queue up heroic strike after your main hand swing, your off hand has a 100% chance to hit (not affected by hit). Hit wouldnt be so diminished if we werent rage capped since Ulduar, but we are, so hit pretty much sucks.

Go for arp, and try to aim for 8% total hit (the special hit cap). Anything more is pretty much wasted.

And FYI, there is virtually no difference in DPS between the str cloak and agi cloak, it just depends if you can fully use the expertise on the str cape or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ticktac View Post
    This is just bad advice. Switching all those gems to ArP and changing that trinket is still going to leave him well below the ArP hard cap.
    He may end up below the hard cap but once you go past approximately 70% unbuffed arp, its SEP value passes that of strength (according to Landsoul's spreadsheet)

Quote Originally Posted by Peril View Post
    And FYI, there is virtually no difference in DPS between the str cloak and agi cloak, it just depends if you can fully use the expertise on the str cape or not.
    Also true. In terms of raw SEP, the strength cloak actually comes out slightly ahead, provided you do indeed make full use of the expertise. If you don't need it though, that agility cloak is awesome. Seeing as you currently have 39 expertise on the armory right now, I'd say ditch the str cloak and get the agi one as soon as you can, and keep on trucking towards that arp cap.
    Last edited by redmund; 2010-07-20 at 12:16 PM.

"He may end up below the hard cap but once you go past approximately 70% unbuffed arp, its SEP value passes that of strength (according to Landsoul's spreadsheet"

this is 100% wrong in all cases. if you cannot get to hardcap it is always a dps loss to strength after softcap with nes.

Quote Originally Posted by rico99913 View Post
    "He may end up below the hard cap but once you go past approximately 70% unbuffed arp, its SEP value passes that of strength (according to Landsoul's spreadsheet"

this is 100% wrong in all cases. if you cannot get to hardcap it is always a dps loss to strength after softcap with nes.
    Bah, seriously stop the trolling.

This is 100% wrong, my warrior back in 232 dps gear and 65% ARP had a SEP higher than 1 for ARP. This means 1 ARP is better than 1 STR even at semi-low levels of ARP.

That's why he was telling him to get rid of the NES. Read the responses above.

if you cannot get to hardcap it is always a dps loss to strength after softcap with nes.
    Arp doesn't magically jump from being below strength in SEP value at 99% to above it in SEP value at 100%. It has a steady progression upwards as you gain more arp. At somewhere between 60 and 70% passive arp, its SEP value levels off with strength, quickly surpassing it. My own warrior with 92% passive (only using icc10 and crafted gear) has an SEP for arp of approximately 1.2 (I can't check right now since I deleted the spreadsheet after cancelling my account until patch 4.0).

Now, if he does gem a whole buttload of arp and doesn't swap out the NES, then yes, he's wasting stats. But if he does change out his trinket, then it is most certainly worth it to keep on gemming arp. Once past that magical 60-70% barrier, NES gets outpaced by many many trinkets, including banner, greatness and the war token from the frost vendor.

Also, back on the topic of the belt. Just buy the leather belt for now, it'll be many months before we see 4.0/cataclysm, so you'll have plenty of time to stock up on spare frosties. When 4.0 rolls out you can go buy the plate belt.

Third edit: Find a free point to finish Intensify Rage. Personally I'd probably take it out of Unbridled Wrath, as that's an absolutely terrible talent in all circumstances. Then finish leveling your blacksmithing up to 400. It's cheap and easy now, especially considering that you have mining. Free sockets for 40 more arp ftw.
    Last edited by redmund; 2010-07-20 at 05:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    Bah, seriously stop the trolling.

This is 100% wrong, my warrior back in 232 dps gear and 65% ARP had a SEP higher than 1 for ARP. This means 1 ARP is better than 1 STR even at semi-low levels of ARP.
    The value of str diminishes passed the 70% passive arp cap. if you are below this number of passiveness without gems you should take the road to str and use a NES, or even grimtol or Runestone.

He may end up below the hard cap but once you go past approximately 70% unbuffed arp, its SEP value passes that of strength (according to Landsoul's spreadsheet)
    I think you slightly misunderstand that spread sheet. It is giving you your sep value not a static number that applied to all. I don't have ability to load him in at work, but feel free to check me on this. His strength value will far out weight ArP at this point. Remember he is below 5k ap. Compared to most people in moderately progressed gear who are in the neighborhood of 5.5 to 6k ap. Just because you can reach the hard cap or a certain percentage doesn't mean you should sacrafice other stats to achieve it.
    Raid Leading - it's the next best thing to playing every class and spec, you just can't push the buttons or move the mouse. That's why they die.

I just downloaded the newest copy of the spreadsheet, imported him from the armory and ran the SEP tool. Currently he has 2 stats rated above strength, arp and hit. Hit is rated at 1.6114 since he's .76% under cap right now, and arp is rated at 1.2112 AFTER I changed his NES to a DMC:G.

His armory is also missing approximately 720 AP because the armory doesn't calculate any stance modifiers since it was overhauled. As far as the armory is concerned, he's in battle stance, missing 20% strength.
    Last edited by redmund; 2010-07-20 at 07:24 PM.