Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Does your realm still raid RS?

Ruby Sanctum has been out for a lil while but I already see no one from my realm ever raiding it, its probably not even worth it. How is it on your realm? Do they still pug it or make guild runs?

It's worth it, but pugs are too stupid to clear it.

Deleted
    On my realm you don't see pugs for it. Cause it is to hard for the pugs you find here. Guilds run it.

Also, 10 Man normal gives worse loot than easier icc10 HMs, so the incentive to run it is low. 25M Loot and HM Loot are definitely worth it, the trinkets from 25M are really good.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I believe it's about its difficulty for a pug(at least on my server) so after the first week the pugs attempting to kill him are like 5% of the ones on the first week

My servers pugs are too bad to clear it in ten man normal so they don't bother trying any more. We have a couple of guilds doing alt runs and taking along a few randoms for numbers though, but that's not really the same thing.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-07-18 at 04:08 PM.

Yeah. Now that you mention it, I havent seen a single RS PuG in about 2 weeks. It was all over the place the first week tho.

Doomhammer-EU
    In the Groves of Death

Deleted
    RS is to hard for pugs

Nope, never ever been there. There are Greens in Beta that are way better ...and yeah it makes absolutly no fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    I knew from the get-go this raid would not be pugged for at least the first month. It's just like every other new raid that's ever made. The first week, people come out of the woodwork to try and PuG it and fail. The second, third, and fourth weeks nobody PuGs them because they realize that everyone else (or themselves but blaming everyone else) in PuGs is too stupid to understand such complicated boss mechanics as "don't stand in the giant ass fire".

In a week or two you'll see PuGs start coming out again, but they will ask for a minimum of 5800 GS and/or achievement links. And, still in most cases...probably fail anyway.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

My server is so shitty that no pug has fully cleared RS. There's a group for it every once in a while that's run by a guild that's looking for a few more; not sure if those are successful. But no one really cares about it. I cleared it the first night on an alt's server (that's much higher pop), and I just don't care to do it again.

Need Cata nao.

Edit: I'm not complaining that it's not able to be pugged, I actually think it's good it's not faceroll.

With BiS gear (trinkets if nothing else) from the normal and heroic versions a d the ease at downing it why wouldn't people be doing it? Yes lots of pugs fail hard on the trash packs and the group falls apart, I've only seen one pug horde side on my server that clears 25 man every week and that pug is the 5th ranked group on the server. Basing peoples ability to clear or willingness/drive to clear something on pugs is a bit ludicrous. Pugs still fail the enrage timer on normal festergut on my server, just because pugs aren't doing it doesn't mean good guilds aren't.

10+ Year Old Account
    RS hard? lol, RS10 is seriously easy, cleaing it with different pugs every week, but 25... not even tryed, cba to try it either :P

Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    RS hard? lol, RS10 is seriously easy, cleaing it with different pugs every week, but 25... not even tryed, cba to try it either :P
    Try doing it when at least one person dies to every single meteor or beam. It's not hard but that doesn't mean that morons won't find ways to fail at it.

It reminds me of Emalon when he was first released, most pugs weren't successful because the dps requirements were pretty tight. That and you had to be on the ball target switching. But it was simply too much for most pugs, and of course everyone used to blame everyone else in the group. I remember one group that failed and a mage left saying that it was a "fail group" and he "raids with pros, not noobs" - yet he was barely over 1k dps.

Generally the only RS groups I see are mainly guild runs for 25 (for the trinkets more than anything) who need more people. One guild were after 5 dps but said one (or it could have been 2) trinkets were reserved. Nearly an hour later they were after 4 dps.

If you raided icc regularly then chances are the only thing you need/want from there is the achievement.

Deleted
    Seems RS died out in many realms, maybe Blizzard should just make it a little easier, or let Halion drop something cool like a mount or a bag like in OS and Onyxia.

It doesn't need to be any easier. If players want to kill it but can't they just need to become better. The mentality of wanting content that people can't complete to be made easier so they can do it without improving isn't a good thing for the game.
    Last edited by Shiira; 2010-07-18 at 05:08 PM.

I ran it yesterday with my Guild, got the caster trinket .

But yea, don't see lots of pugs anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    We only have 1 weekly pug for RS. But my guild does it, awesome trinkets are awesome.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.