Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I havent even been in ruby sanctum yet, hah :P

Im lazy and cba joining pugs, too much drama usually. Will have to look for a decent guild that suits me, but I'm lazy in that department aswell so....

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    And what would be harder than rs 25 hero? All ICC hero bosses except lk are a joke with 25% buff, and we even downed yogg+0 three weeks ago with our "achievement-hunter-group" consisting of players from the best guilds on our server in the fifth attempt, no problem at all with icc gear. So which bosses would you now classify harder?
    yeah....

Seems to have been the same on my server. Initially there were a number of pugs trying RS, mainly 10 man, and none of them succeeded as far as I know. I don't think the fight is really that hard but it is new and the cutters is something different that people haven't really had to deal with yet. Combine that with no 25% buff, like ICC, and people just aren't ready to handle it.

Normal 10 man isn't high enough item level to beat the ilevel 264 gear from badges, crafting, icc25 or even the easy icc10 man hard modes, so it has limited appeal. Heroic mode does beat 264 gear but is going to be pretty hard for a pug to handle. For 25 man, it's going to be hard for a lot of servers to get a pug together with enough people who can not fail at the cutters to successfully beat it.

And what would be harder than rs 25 hero? All ICC hero bosses except lk are a joke with 25% buff, and we even downed yogg+0 three weeks ago with our "achievement-hunter-group" consisting of players from the best guilds on our server in the fifth attempt, no problem at all with icc gear. So which bosses would you now classify harder?
    When they were as new as halion is now hard modes that were harder than halion is include all of the ulduar hard modes, sarth 3d, anub, deathwhisper, saurfang, putricide, sindragosa and lich king. I was being generous when I said he would make it into the top ten.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brealaa View Post
    And what raid group is that Ayperi?
    KotO. Yeah, I know UP had it first

10+ Year Old Account
    I love the fight mechanics, people are just bad at it. So I do them with my guild.

As with most others here, I don't see pug announcements too often, but I don't hang out in major cities too much anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiira View Post
    It doesn't need to be any easier. If players want to kill it but can't they just need to become better. The mentality of wanting content that people can't complete to be made easier so they can do it without improving isn't a good thing for the game.
    you dont just get shined by a rainbow and become a better player

Been said in here countless times already but yeah... too tough for pugs. I haven't seen a pug form for it once since the first day it was released. And that first day was hilarious! Trade chat was FILLEd with people screaming at each other about being so fail/retarded/bad because like 10 groups went in and not a single one came out successful. So far I know only 3 or 4 guilds ahve done it on 25-man on my server and MAYBE 7 or 8 have done it on 10-man.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Second hardest encounter in wotlk? Not even close, it barely even places in the top ten.
    That's wrong. RS 10 man is harder, on normal, than 10 / 12 ICC 10 man heroics. I'd put it on par with HM Sindragosa. Definitely harder than any normal mode ICC fight, including LK.

All the difficulty in RS 10 is in the shadow realm portion of the fight with that ridiculously overtuned Twilight Cutter mechanic.

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 12:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by 0smo View Post
    pugged both , cleared both....

but tbh my pugs are still a group of alts from excellent players
    Not a pug then. Pug means pick up group, or a group composed of entirely randoms. Even a group with 5 / 10 randoms is still called a partial pug.

Ive honestly been to lazy to attempt it. But I see a pug or 2 forming daily on Doomhammer.
    News | Forum Guidelines | MMO Champion IRC | Free Games List
    Playing: Guild Wars 2 | APB: Reloaded
    -I don't care what the next expansion is about, as long as the story is dark and rich so I can refer to it as Chocolate WoW.

The trinkets from 25 man are best in slot for just about everyone. There's no reason not to do it weekly.

That being said, I have a guild that clears it weekly.

Because outgearing a raid by 2 (plus hardmodes) tiers makes it very hard huh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't know, I log on for like 10 minutes to do shat cooking daily to get my last recipe for Chef, then log for the day.
    (Please don't think I'm trying to act all cool by saying I don't play much. I do my daily and then hang out on these forums all day lol)

well we cleared it as a guild in the first week, didn't bother until we'd cleared ICC, and we haven't raided it since.

To be honest, the effort involved is a bit much. It takes away from hc progress and I think we'd rather focus on clearing ICC HC that that.

Pugs won't clear it till it's nerfed, and i'm talking pure pugs not top server guild pugs.

When they were as new as halion is now hard modes that were harder than halion is include all of the ulduar hard modes, sarth 3d, anub, deathwhisper, saurfang, putricide, sindragosa and lich king. I was being generous when I said he would make it into the top ten.
    Yeah, when they were new and you didn't outgear them. If I follow your logic I could even argue c'thun is the hardest boss in wotlk when you do it with lvl 60 and wear only lvl 60 gear, but the game progresses.
    Right NOW at that moment halion hc is the second hardest encounter in the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't killed it yet..
    And my guild don't raid it and theres no pugs at all.

my guild only does it after lk25 every week

My guild runs it, but it's too hard to PuG. I tried to pug 10 man the first day and we couldn't get past the trash..It's definitely not puggable at this moment in time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Antuzin View Post
    My guild runs it, but it's too hard to PuG. I tried to pug 10 man the first day and we couldn't get past the trash..It's definitely not puggable at this moment in time.
    I guess it's not, taking 1 hour+ to just clear the trash and of course wipe at some minibosses and those damn commanders that sneak in their super buff.
    Still, the hardest part is finding ppl that is able to read a encounter and not do the same mistake over n over again.