Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Northem_ View Post
    Are you suggesting that Northeron does not exist?
    what is Northeron? O.o
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    The Chamber of Krasus is in Tirisfal, lolwut?
    It is in a tower somewhere in Lordaeron, and there is some sort of magical underground well in its cellars. Some like to think of this as the original dwelling of Dath'remar Sunstrider when the High Elves landed in the Eastern Kingdoms, with the pool being some sort of proto-Sunwell.

All in all it's just a theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    It is in a tower somewhere in Lordaeron, and there is some sort of magical underground well in its cellars. Some like to think of this as the original dwelling of Dath'remar Sunstrider when the High Elves landed in the Eastern Kingdoms, with the pool being some sort of proto-Sunwell.

All in all it's just a theory.
    Your getting the basis for this theory where?
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Deleted
    Your getting the basis for this theory where?
    Nowhere, it's not my theory.

There are sources about the High Elves first landing in Tirisfal (it's in the official history on Blizzard's site), and after some time they started going mad. That sparked the belief there is an Old God beneath Tirisfal. The tower is supposed to be the remnant of this era.

Nowhere, it's not my theory.

There are sources about the High Elves first landing in Tirisfal (it's in the official history on Blizzard's site), and after some time they started going mad. That sparked the belief there is an Old God beneath Tirisfal. The tower is supposed to be the remnant of this era.
    Well, I think Rhonin lives in outland because the Arrokar went crazy, and left old ruins from their time before they were all crazy and/or dead, and there is alot of Magical power in Outland....am i doing this rite?
    I just want to say, that I just want to say.

Deleted
    Well, I think Rhonin lives in outland because the Arrokar went crazy, and left old ruins from their time before they were all crazy and/or dead, and there is alot of Magical power in Outland....am i doing this rite?
    Wouldn't know, as I said it's not my theory, but I was explaining what the most common fan theory behind the Tirisfal Grove states, no need to shoot the messenger. -.-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    what is Northeron? O.o
    Typical of someone who only cares about getting his Tier 11 as soon as possible. We know that your interest in the lore is minimal so please go to a Bg to hang out.

Wouldn't know, as I said it's not my theory, but I was explaining what the most common fan theory behind the Tirisfal Grove states, no need to shoot the messenger. -.-
    Lokann my friend, do not get frustrated, there are people who are short-minded and can not understand certain things, let it be xD
    And sorry but I had to make a few changes in your previous comment so that people do not get confused:

Northeron was only ever mentioned in WC2 and if I'm not mistaken was pretty much a footnote also clearly described in one of the RPG sourcebooks novels (Day of the Dragon). In the novels But according to another novel (Tides of Darkness) some of the Wildhammer came from Aerie Peak what does not negate the existence of Northeron since both areas are clearly different and can coexist perfectly. So I believe erroneously they either retconned it or it's another name for the Hinterlands, but these speculations are compromised because the maps place Northeron bordering Quel'Thalas and not as far south as are the Hinterlands, and also the orography and climatology with that is described a region of Northeron do not match with the orography and the climatology of the Hinterlands.

Deleted
    And sorry but I had to make a few changes in your previous comment so that people do not get confused:

*Edited quote*
    Meh, I have the feeling its positioning got retconned to the Hinterlands, because in Tides of Darkness (the most recent source) there is no evidence of any special Wildhammer-controlled land between the Hinterlands and Quel'thalas. It doesn't really seem to fit on the maps either, I mean you have the Hinterlands, some bordering mountains (according to some sources they're called the 'Aerie Peaks'), a part of Lordaeron that at the time used to be Quel'thalas (or shared teritory, in any case, the part with Caer Darrow), and if you go towards Quel'thalas you either go along the Thondoril river or through the pass (whatever it's called, the one by the lodge in EPL). By Northeron's position on the old map it should be where the Scarlet Enclave is now, but that doesn't make much sense. And further north you find Zul'aman.

I doubt the existance of this land... if anything it could be this sort of plateau or mountain chain towering over Zul'aman, but I doubt they'd go that far into Forest Troll teritory. I'm pretty sure it's just some fancy Dwarven term for the Hinterlands.

This does leave me wondering what Blizzard are going to do with the currently-unused terrain all along the northern tip of the Eastern Kingdoms. Granted there's not a lot of space for a full zone, but either side Stratholme there's space for 'something'. It's still like this on the current beta build, so Blizz are obviously not finished with it yet:

http://cata.wyrimaps.net/#z:8;lat:80...16650390625;m:

If you actually go to the blank bit though, the minimap says "Quel'thalas". It's been that way since WoW was originally released.

Elven structure behind Stratholme
    Unused terrain behind Hearthglen

I'm hoping they don't just turn this into cliffs and sea like they did east of Burning Steppes and north of Stormwind. R.I.P Deathwing Scar.
    ----------------------------------------
    1999 - 2001: Ultima Online
    2001 - 2004: Dark Age of Camelot
    2004 - Today: World of Warcraft
    *** 19 years of MMO gaming ***
    ----------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Dalien View Post
    This does leave me wondering what Blizzard are going to do with the currently-unused terrain all along the northern tip of the Eastern Kingdoms. Granted there's not a lot of space for a full zone, but either side Stratholme there's space for 'something'. It's still like this on the current beta build, so Blizz are obviously not finished with it yet:

http://cata.wyrimaps.net/#z:8;lat:80...16650390625;m:

If you actually go to the blank bit though, the minimap says "Quel'thalas". It's been that way since WoW was originally released.

Elven structure behind Stratholme
    Unused terrain behind Hearthglen

I'm hoping they don't just turn this into cliffs and sea like they did east of Burning Steppes and north of Stormwind. R.I.P Deathwing Scar.
    Tbh I hope they do it like the bit left of Deathknell .

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Typical of someone who only cares about getting his Tier 11 as soon as possible. We know that your interest in the lore is minimal so please go to a Bg to hang out.
    erm? why the hate? I'm just asking something because I am actually interested in it.
    your interest in the lore is minimal
    How the hell would you know that, based on a single question? rlly, you should talk with other ppl sometimes, good for your social behavior.
    ∞=0
    0/2 = 0 , ∞/2 = ∞
    2/0 = error , 2/∞ = error
    0*2 = 0 , ∞*2 = ∞

Is there any way to download the full map at that Google Maps-ish website? I'd actually like something in a very high resolution to work with without having to download the little grid squares that website uses to display things.

Quote Originally Posted by Proditus View Post
    Is there any way to download the full map at that Google Maps-ish website? I'd actually like something in a very high resolution to work with without having to download the little grid squares that website uses to display things.
    PM me your email and the maps you want and I'll get you the sources files for them .

---------- Post added 2010-08-15 at 03:15 PM ----------

2 of them you can already find here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...=1#post8504222

World of Warcraft: Map || Screenshots

Deleted
    hey there.

any new world maps including the reworked hyjal?

cheers

Deleted
    /push

I'd really love to revel in some new maps featuring the current beta built

Deleted
    /ONE LAST PUSH

Anyone with an up to date world map?

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    thank you so much for posting these gives me an idea where to go on my new alts