Exposure/Development of WC3/Frozen Throne Hero Lore Figures...

I was thinking today about the development and exposure in World of Warcraft of characters introduced as hero characters in the one player campaigns of WC3/Frozen Throne.

Here is my breakdown of initial impressions which probably is not exhaustive.

HUMAN CAMPAIGN

Arthas: Very well developed, as he is the main bad guy in WOTLK.
    Jaina: Well developed, arguably the #2 human faction leader and present throughout WoW.
    Muradin Bronzebeard: Nothing beats amnesia and taking over a faction of frost dwarves not to mention pirate ship badass.

Kael'thas Sunstrider: Very well developed with quest chains and presence as a raid boss in spite of setbacks.
    Lady Vashj: There is a long chain in Zangermarsh and her draining the water, and also a hard raid boss.
    Illidan: Main bad guy of BC with plenty of involvement in some pretty epic quest chains.
    Akama: Damn epic quest chain and a pseudo-boss in Black Temple.
    Chen Stormstout: Not much revealed in Frozen Throne or WoW with regards to these drunken pandas.

UNDEAD CAMPAIGN

Arthas: Very well developed, as he is the main bad guy in WOTLK.
    Tichondrius: Not playable in the campaign, but dreadlords were the hero unit. Too bad he got killed and is unavailable to be expanded upon in WoW.
    Kel'Thuzad: Huge lore figure, but other than being boss of Naxx and having a hologram of him in the Borean Tundra, I was pretty disappointed. Perhaps there were some epic chains involving him that I missed when he was the big bad ass of Vanilla WoW.

Sylvannas: You can't go wrong with an exciting faction leader. She is up there with Jaina!
    Anub'arak: Disappointing, one quest in AN and a surprise raid boss in TOC10/25. Not enough lore in WoW for him, as the traitor to the spider people. I think the nerubians got the shaft in WOTLK as a whole. I would have figured their empire would cover a lot more than an isolated corner of the Dragonblight.
    Varimathras: Nothing like a two-time traitor. It would have been more interesting to get more than four quests out of him before he goes Benedict Arnold. Perhaps we'll learn more of his attempted coup in Cataclysm.

ORC CAMPAIGN

Thrall: Faction leader and all around Betty Sue character. I cannot complain about not seeing enough of him!
    Grom Hellscream: He dies before WoW, but at least he gets a statue and an emo d-bag for a son to ruin his good (or bad) name.
    Cairne Bloodhoof: I have found him pretty boring, but there is some drama coming up for him in Cataclysm!

Rexxar: He's around in Blade's Edge and pre-BC Feralas and Desolace. I think he had some quests associated with him.
    Baine Bloodhoof: Like father pretty boring, but I think there are surprises in store for Cataclysm.
    Chen Stormstout: Not much revealed in Frozen Throne or WoW with regards to these drunken pandas.
    Rokhan: Our witch doctor friend gives a single quest in Dragonblight.

NIGHT ELF CAMPAIGN

Tyrande Whisperwind: Pretty dull faction leader. Of course all the Alliance action seems to be in Eastern Kingdoms anyway. She plays a bit role in the Hyjal BC raid, but she isn't that visible.
    Malfurion Stormrage: Passed out in the Emerald Dream and little development in WoW. I think Cataclysm might change it.
    Illidan: Main bad guy of BC with plenty of involvement in some pretty epic quest chains.

Maiv Shadowsong: Same epic quest chain as Akama. Too bad with Illidin dead we don't see her again.

My conclusion (even as a strictly Horde player) is that the Night Elf leaders need a more prominent role in the lore of WoW. Maybe Cataclysm will give it to us.

As stated before I may have missed a hero unit or two. Feel free to chime in if you have some hero units to add or think my lore impressions are off.

What about... Trolls, Blood elfs, Draenei and Gnomes, they really need some love.

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    What about... Trolls, Blood elfs, Draenei and Gnomes, they really need some love.
    Trolls go under the Orc campaign. Blood elves are Kael'thas' story, Draenei appear as Broken, and Gnomes... no, they don't exist.

That said, I think we'll see Tichondrius again. My reasoning; all of the other Nathrezim from WC3/TFT survived, save Denethor. Perhaps not in Cataclysm, but when we go to the Legion homeworld - or Argus - we'll meet him.

You ask for more? Then come, traveler, to the Whispering Deep, where only the mad walk.
    Raid Idea: The Whispering Deep and Ny'alotha

Quote Originally Posted by Ihnasir View Post
    Umbra - you are a god.

Quote Originally Posted by esmifra View Post
    Rokhan= Troll
    Kael= Blood Elf
    Akama= Broken Dranei

Gnomes pretty much sat out of the story in WC3/Frozen Throne.

---------- Post added 2010-07-19 at 09:17 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Umbra View Post
    Trolls go under the Orc campaign. Blood elves are Kael'thas' story, Draenei appear as Broken, and Gnomes... no, they don't exist.

That said, I think we'll see Tichondrius again. My reasoning; all of the other Nathrezim from WC3/TFT survived, save Denethor. Perhaps not in Cataclysm, but when we go to the Legion homeworld - or Argus - we'll meet him.
    I felt pretty shortchanged that in WC3 we never got to play as Tichondrius. He was on the map in the first undead mission, but only as a non-playable observer.