Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage or warlock?

Hi guys, i've been playing melee toons since, well, vanilla. I'm finally going to either roll a mage or a warlock, but i have a question...
    which is more fun (pve wise)?
    And which race (horde) has the coolest casting animation? (in your opinion)
    Thanks in advance

Locks are funner imo, but mages are ALOT easier.
    As for casting animation I really like the undead and trolls. I think I read somewhere about trolls being able to become warlocks in cata, if I'm wrong I'm sure someone will correct me sooner or later.

I dont play horde but I can tell you with 10000% certainty that warlocks have more going on then mages, so if you like a more difficult rotation, play warlock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, personally I like warlock more, I played my friend his lock, and I have a mage alt, both classes are quite fun, but mages usually go arcane now, and that's way too easy to play, while warock has 3 viable specs, and all 3 have a different touch to it and is relatively harder to master, so I like warlocks more, especially affliction.

So my vote goes for Female orc warlock, or undead male warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinansho View Post
    mages are ALOT easier.
    Just... No.

I'd go with Mage, make sure it's a troll!
    Cake!

PVE: warlock
    PVP: mage

Warlocks are more fun in pve due to having a lot more stuff to do than mashing 2 keys most of the fight, not to mention more utility.

PVP side, warlocks are bad. Not bad bad but they do require way more gear and skill than a frost mage. Any melee with brains will walk all over a warlock while mages don't usually have problems with anything except hunters.

Roll a mage

And level it up with Fire

I done it and it's a lot more fun than a Warlock and leveling with a Frost mage

10+ Year Old Account
    go lock! the imp is the most funny to play with xD

Quote Originally Posted by Chomag7 View Post
    PVE: warlock
    PVP: mage

Warlocks are more fun in pve due to having a lot more stuff to do than mashing 2 keys most of the fight, not to mention more utility.

PVP side, warlocks are bad. Not bad bad but they do require way more gear and skill than a frost mage. Any melee with brains will walk all over a warlock while mages don't usually have problems with anything except hunters.
    This guy has never PvP'd as a mage or a warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Szyrex View Post
    Just... No.

I'd go with Mage, make sure it's a troll!
    A troll you say...

Mages are fun, but they are a bit E-Z-Mode compared to locks. Fire is the only spec that borders on complexity with any Lock spec and in my opinion it's the easiest lock spec to play, Destro.

Read forum stickies / guidelines:

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Guidelines
    13.6.2. Pointless threads
    "Which class should I roll?" is a frequently reoccurring thread.

There is no real discussion to be had about which class any individual should play. This is a very personal decision and all anyone can really do is post their personal favourites over and over again.

If you wish to find out more information about specific classes, feel free to browse our Class Forums. You can also try to use the forum's search function if you have a specific question about a class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Lvling as frost mage is quite cool but at lvl80 you have to go arcane at the start (till you get the gear for fire) and that's soooo boring to play.
    So I'd go for warlock

I leveled a mage to 80.

Played Arcane in PvE Hated it.
    Played Fire in PvE Hated it.
    Played Frost in BGs Hated it.
    Played Frost in Arenas Hated it.
    Played Fire in BGs Hated it.

I made a mage because my main was an elemental Shaman and I wanted a pure caster dps class. Now I'm leveling a warlock and already its so much more complex and fun in both PvE and PvP.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BurningStick View Post
    Read forum stickies / guidelines:
    my bad, sorry sorry