Multi-Tracking Hunter Question

Sorry if this has already been asked, the search function doesn't work.

So with the new feature of Multi-tracking, I was wondering what the limitations are for hunters. I'm guessing that they won't be able to track let's say beasts and humanoids at the same time. I figure the tracking beasts/humanoids/elementals/etc. will stay one-at-a-time. But would a hunter be able to track, say, beasts and herbs at the same time? I'd love to make a hunter in Cataclysm with a profession other than leatherworking/skinning without having to sacrifice track humanoids for track minerals or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder the same limitation for say Herbs and Minerals together

Woo hoo, I finally get to be the one with the information. As a hunter you can track beasts/humanoids/whatever all at once. Yea, each tracking stacks and works together. I tested this against NPCs and players in town with humanoid/beast/elemental, but I don't see why the rest wouldn't work the same way.

I can't test herb/mining, but I'm pretty sure the screenshots about this showed that it worked together.

Tracking beasts/humanoids/etc all at once makes me think we'll have very busy minimaps sometimes. xD Thanks for the information<3 I can't wait for my Gobbygob hunter now. >D

Quote Originally Posted by bunnytrail View Post
    Tracking beasts/humanoids/etc all at once makes me think we'll have very busy minimaps sometimes. xD Thanks for the information<3 I can't wait for my Gobbygob hunter now. >D
    Yea, it's going to be ridiculous in towns. An interesting note is when I activated track humanoids then tried to activate track beasts right away it gave me the "you can't do that yet" error. So it looks like we won't even get to make a 1 button tracks on/off kind of thing for when we enter towns if we want to actually see the map. :/

Deleted
    In towns disabling track humanoids alone would be enough to actually see the minimap again ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    You rock, Cactrot. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Meythia View Post
    In towns disabling track humanoids alone would be enough to actually see the minimap again ^^
    Well, I can see an add-on doing that when cata comes out that every hunter would use XD

Quote Originally Posted by RBFxJMH View Post
    You rock, Cactrot. Thank you
    Glad to help, especially for someone with such an awesome sig. Mr. Saturn rocks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Glad to help, especially for someone with such an awesome sig. Mr. Saturn rocks.
    Heh, thanks. You're the first person to say anything.

Yea, it's going to be ridiculous in towns. An interesting note is when I activated track humanoids then tried to activate track beasts right away it gave me the "you can't do that yet" error. So it looks like we won't even get to make a 1 button tracks on/off kind of thing for when we enter towns if we want to actually see the map. :/
    That's a pretty simple, low-impact fix, though. They just remove the GCDs from the tracking spells and you can turn them all on and off at will. I'm sure they'll get around to that by the end of beta. If not, then we've got something to complain about already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    That's a pretty simple, low-impact fix, though. They just remove the GCDs from the tracking spells and you can turn them all on and off at will. I'm sure they'll get around to that by the end of beta. If not, then we've got something to complain about already.
    I'd say thats pretty minor, the trade off is being able to track nearly everything lol

I'd say thats pretty minor, the trade off is being able to track nearly everything lol
    That's not exactly a great thing, though. I mean, for vendors and trainers AND your herbs/minerals, that's great. I feel bad for anyone trying to track all creatures at once. That would completely block the minimap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emaluri View Post
    That's not exactly a great thing, though. I mean, for vendors and trainers AND your herbs/minerals, that's great. I feel bad for anyone trying to track all creatures at once. That would completely block the minimap.
    Exactly, no one would do that, so it isn't a problem that you can't click them off quickly enough. I'd probably do it once just to see what it looks like.

Exactly, no one would do that, so it isn't a problem that you can't click them off quickly enough. I'd probably do it once just to see what it looks like.
    It's not a matter of who would or wouldn't, but rather that it should or shouldn't be possible.

Woo hoo, I finally get to be the one with the information. As a hunter you can track beasts/humanoids/whatever all at once. Yea, each tracking stacks and works together. I tested this against NPCs and players in town with humanoid/beast/elemental, but I don't see why the rest wouldn't work the same way.

I can't test herb/mining, but I'm pretty sure the screenshots about this showed that it worked together.
    Yay ! Thanks for the info !
    Now I can track humanoids/beasts/hidden in pvp at the same time ? SWEET !