Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So how do you do it?

I see so many people on Ysera and online who say they have a bunch of money (and prove it by having 264 craftables and such).

Wondering, how do you guys do it? I know raiding nets me some profit, the argent tournament dailies (as a champion and valiant) net me some hundreds of gold as well. Other than that, I make around probably 300-500g a day. How do you guys go from 2k to 12k, (@you, people who work the AH like it's no ones business >.>)

Play the game at 80. No, really.

JC daily if you have it, trasmute if you have.

daily heroic, questing, d/e mats

Speed farming heroics with a group of geared people...

Emblem of frost sold for so much for so long

Run gdkp runs for 9-10 months..

Playing the game? I play the game just in a very different way in which raiders will probably /sigh at. I get locked to ICC VoA and ToC. I do my daily heroics, then go off to level alts. I do dailies if I am not too lazy to do them.

I have 450 mining but hardly fining myself mine. I have 100 BS which I *should* get up for Cata, but its a huge gold sink and farming copper/all other vanilla ore just bores me. (un'goro for thorium would be reasonable)

Should I go Mining and JC?

abuse DK alt option - i have one with herbalism and mining and boy do some money come from there

My alts a 80 DK, maybe I should get alch/herb on that? Never a big fan of skinning although it seems the easiest to level up

10+ Year Old Account
    get the addon Auctioneer and Auctionator (do scans of the ah for about a week until the market price is set). use the Resale feature and buy low and sell at market price.
    use the Converter and convert the lesser enchant mats into greaters, sell those.
    invest in enchanting and scan the ah everyday for stuff to d/e.
    take skinning on your alt and farm old instances for leather (like the dragons in ST), and the stuff in tanaris. thick leather usually sells for quite a bit, as does mageweave cloth, get that from zul farrack.

cant think of anything else off hand, hope it helps

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    Playing the game? I play the game just in a very different way in which raiders will probably /sigh at. I get locked to ICC VoA and ToC. I do my daily heroics, then go off to level alts. I do dailies if I am not too lazy to do them.

I have 450 mining but hardly fining myself mine. I have 100 BS which I *should* get up for Cata, but its a huge gold sink and farming copper/all other vanilla ore just bores me. (un'goro for thorium would be reasonable)

Should I go Mining and JC?
    Go Bs and JC. (Yes, I'm a raider. /sigh)
    Well I just got back from a panda circus where I fucked twelve identical versions of Lexxi Belle while surfing on a sharks back in space.

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...der&cn=Feythir

I have/had Auctioneer and it doesnt seem to work. Didnt really help me. I already know to buy low and sell high. I also know that buying primordial saronite for AH toying is not the best route since its lost around 300g in value since I started playing (now around 600 compared to 900)

How many badges do you get a week on your main/alts? I've been selling 4-5 primordal's a week for months now.

The daily heroic is worth 26g+2 frost (roughly 24g each these days) do that on a few toons

Do you like to pvp? 10k honor is 125g roughly

Depends on how much time you have honestly, but gold just comes in like water for me.

Daily heroic, 30 mins if its slow. Argent tourney/icc daily quests roughly 45 mins.

Hodir about 25 mins

That is like 300g right there. If you grind heroics with some geared dps you can make a bunch off that since EoT is like 6g and you get 13g for finishing (12-20 mins for geared group)

10+ Year Old Account
    also fishing and cooking, you can make tons from that if you can be bothered

Smoopie, I dont really know the badges per week. I do my daily frosts on my paladin, hardly touch my dk (besides ICC yesterday), and I farm heroics when I want to get BoAs. Right now Im happy with the BoAs I have unless I feel like I have more of an urge to roll a druid.

I did, however, do something right on my DK. Not sure how, but when I leveled him a day after I got enough money to buy epic flying...too bad he isnt my main anymore. even have the blue proto drake on him. /sigh.
    I also did something right when I afforded 1.5k for Saronite Swordbreakers.

Do you guys stockpile your money? Maybe thats what Im doing wrong, because whenever I get money I blow it on gemming and enchanting my gear. My rule is that I gem or enchant anything that is above i232...but I guess I wont anymore since gear is trivial in ICC now with Cata coming out.

10+ Year Old Account
    the more you make, the more you'll spend.. but once you run out of stuff to buy, it stockpiles until the expansion.
    if you are a miner on my server, you're a fairly wealthy dude. Raw ore alone supplies several profession's habits, let alone what you can do with blacksmithing.

If you are a fresh 80, then sure, it will take a while to build it up, because there are things you want to buy to catch up to current levels, or maybe just for vanity. Get past this, and 500g a day is gonna be a lot of money over time.

The more I make the more I spend, I suppose, but I heard for the AH players, the more money I have the more money I make.

At the moment my item level is around 246/247 I believe. With that, the only things I should buy are gems, enchants, and two i264 craftables, which I dont think I will do since 264s will be useless in a few months.
    500g a day willll be 3500g a week, which is nice. but I guess it just doesnt seem like much. Put mining into that, and Im sure I could make 700g a day which will be 5k a week. I dont know, I just always have this habit of wanting things in large amounts. I would like a bunch of i264 equipped on me right now, as well as a hefty amount of gold to get my BS up. And every other need I have for my alts.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Engineering.
    Thrall's Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Vitorog View Post
    Engineering.
    You have to be kidding me.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Engineering=$$$$$

Im not kidding
    Thrall's Balls

Quote Originally Posted by Wælcyrie View Post
    Choppers

Not a hot market, but if you farm the mats yourself, you can make 3-4k off each one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    The more I make the more I spend, I suppose, but I heard for the AH players, the more money I have the more money I make.

At the moment my item level is around 246/247 I believe. With that, the only things I should buy are gems, enchants, and two i264 craftables, which I dont think I will do since 264s will be useless in a few months.
    500g a day willll be 3500g a week, which is nice. but I guess it just doesnt seem like much. Put mining into that, and Im sure I could make 700g a day which will be 5k a week. I dont know, I just always have this habit of wanting things in large amounts. I would like a bunch of i264 equipped on me right now, as well as a hefty amount of gold to get my BS up. And every other need I have for my alts.
    3500 to 5000g a week, is honestly much more than most people even strive to do.
    Keep at it.. You can maintain this income likely with very little effort. If you do supplement your income with farming sellable mats, use times that are convenient to do so (waiting for raid to sign on, waiting for a group, etc.)

Working the AH is a whole game by itself. If you really want to know if you have a knack at the AH game, start a new toon that you have zero seed money with and see how long it takes you to get money. I was able to do this very thing and within a matter of hours was already up to 150g on a toon with no access to the benefits of my mains (opposite faction etc). Learning your server's economy, trending out what sells and what days they sell well on are key.
    You can use AuctionLite or Auctioneer etc. (i don't use auctioneer, way too intensive and excessive for my use) and get a mailbox addon too such as Postal to help manage this as well, unless you pay for online AHing that is.

the big money doesn't come from the Big commission.. usually the money comes from the steady flow of smaller payments... you know.. like a subscription to an MMO or something

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pojodan View Post
    Choppers

Not a hot market, but if you farm the mats yourself, you can make 3-4k off each one.
    You can "skin" the 3k chopper mats from some ulduar bosses, you can get 10 eternal fires per 5 minutes(thats around 200g) farming gases in scholazar, you can sell arrows (they are quite expensive on my realm) ...
    And you can make parts for other lazy engineers.
    Goblins know what are they doing.
    Thrall's Balls

:S Engineering? Thats the last place I would have thought that would make a profit.

And Hoofit, thats a nice little sum of money you made! I think Im going to do the same thing. Gonna make a level 1, give him 25g and start from there. I made an example above on how someone who made 2k to 12k from just a week of AHing. Thats like...one to two i264 craftables :S