Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    She's constantly distracted by the probings of another mind inside her head, probings from a Lich King she "knows" to be dead.
    Funky theory

Quote Originally Posted by Putricidegoodnews View Post
    this

the will of ner'zhul will eventually overpower bolvar
    kinda like how the ulduar keepers were jailors for yogg-saron, but he eventually overpowered them

think of bolvar as the keeper, and ner'zhul as yogg
    i dont want another x-pac over this, i want it to be a short patch at the end of <some x-pac>
    I don't think you understand that mentally, arthas totally destroyed Ner'zhul and took full control. He no longer exists, he didn't even when we started our little journeys in Northrend. Arthas was in complete control in the end, look it up if you don't believe me.

So, with that in mind, will Bolvar lose it and us have to fight him later on? No.
    The Helm uses the magic Kil'jaeden imbued into it, alongside the will of the user, to control the scourge. Up till Arthas merging with Ner'zhul in Icecrown, Ner'zhul was merely the the spirit locked away in it willing things to happen. Him gone its up to Bolvar now. Simple as that.
    Last edited by Phailigy; 2010-07-20 at 12:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I was talking to a buddy about the Bolvar/Sylvanas thing and we kinda kicked around this idea; That Bolvar is using (or will use) his position as the new Lich King to slowly try and steal back control of all the freewilled undead like the Vylkur, forsaken, and even Sylvanas and the DK's. He may be doing this to try and contain the undead problem in it's entirety once and for all, and it could certainly explain all the recent crazysauce Lady Syl is dropping everywhere.She's constantly distracted by the probings of another mind inside her head, probings from a Lich King she "knows" to be dead.
    if bolvar lich king was able to regain control over sylvanas and the other forsaken then dont you think that arthas lich king would have done so especially with bolvar basically being a noob at being the lich king while arthas had many many years in which to perfect his lich kingly abilities

the theory i heard on this is that when he (or his minions) raise them that a link is created then if that link is broken then he cant just magically fix it...it may be possibly to kill them then re-raise them and have control over them again

Quote Originally Posted by Jaitee View Post
    if bolvar lich king was able to regain control over sylvanas and the other forsaken then dont you think that arthas lich king would have done so especially with bolvar basically being a noob at being the lich king while arthas had many many years in which to perfect his lich kingly abilities

the theory i heard on this is that when he (or his minions) raise them that a link is created then if that link is broken then he cant just magically fix it...it may be possibly to kill them then re-raise them and have control over them again
    ^This...sorta, The old Lich King lost the link between himself and Sylvanas and her forsaken when he fell weakened. No one is controlling her or forcing her back into servitude, shes doing what she is on her own free will.

People need to really come to terms with what Sylvanas is, a Banshee controlling a portion of the undead in the world. And as any leader, she wants more power. Shes doing what she needs to in her mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Phailigy View Post
    I don't think you understand that mentally, arthas totally destroyed Ner'zhul and took full control. He no longer exists, he didn't even when we started our little journeys in Northrend. Arthas was in complete control in the end, look it up if you don't believe me.

So, with that in mind, will Bolvar lose it and us have to fight him later on? No.
    The Helm uses the magic Kil'jaeden imbued into it, alongside the will of the user, to control the scourge. Up till Arthas merging with Ner'zhul in Icecrown, Ner'zhul was merely the the spirit locked away in it willing things to happen. Him gone its up to Bolvar now. Simple as that.
    and where did you hear that? Knaak books? Ha!

im sorry, but go to Halls of Reflection.

Uther says that there must always be a lich king, he also says that the remnant of arthas is all that is holding back the scourge from destroying all life on azeroth.

So, by taking that into account, there is another being fighting arthas, it may or may not be ner'zhul, it might be frostmourne, in which case, bolvar can just sit there and do nothing and be bored cause tiron shattered frostmourne(what? that idiot actually did something non-idiotic for once?)

I just looked up the book where i think the arthas wtfpwns ner'zhul in, not a knaak book, but still.

Also, go do some alliance quest in howling fjord that i heard LK shows up in, saying that he was once a shaman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.
    Bigots don't deserve debate.
    War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Diversity is strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    Okay, now how do I work this thing? Oh the on switch isn't flipped. Alright....why is it beeping? Which mode is the helm in? Squirrel mode? Why the hell would I need to control those? Okay okay, where is that number, I'm calling customer service......oh great and its a troll, damn outsourcing.
    i giggled

10+ Year Old Account
    The southernmost capital city in the world, NZ
    Also factoring in that Arthas was already a screwed up homicidal maniac mercy killer even before aligning with the Scourge. Whereas Bolvar has always been incorruptible, even with Arthas torturing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zortorai90 View Post
    The Val'kyr were sentient beings that in life choose to server the Lich King, then when they died or were "deemed worthy" they became Val'kyr. the Vylkur (the alive males/females)believe the Lich King is the God of Death, and willingly follow him, so, maybe they are "unemployed" because they never were under his control the way the Undead zombies and Skeletons were.
    this prob makes the most sense.

this

the will of ner'zhul will eventually overpower bolvar
    kinda like how the ulduar keepers were jailors for yogg-saron, but he eventually overpowered them

think of bolvar as the keeper, and ner'zhul as yogg
    i dont want another x-pac over this, i want it to be a short patch at the end of <some x-pac>
    If you read Rise of the Lich King, there is no more Ner'zhul. Arthas snuffed out his existance within his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    If you read Rise of the Lich King, there is no more Ner'zhul. Arthas snuffed out his existance within his mind.
    plz read my last post

seriously
    Fascists should be marginalized, ostracized, bullied and on the occasion, decked. Their ideology is a cancer in our species.

Yeah, I don't see any crazy plot holes with the val'kyr. I mean, technically, they were affiliated with the vrykul, and chose to serve the Lich King...kind of like the nerubians. I think that it's all a choice for them.
    Once you go troll, you never reroll. -heard on cynicalbrit.com. Epic.

and where did you hear that? Knaak books? Ha!

im sorry, but go to Halls of Reflection.

Uther says that there must always be a lich king, he also says that the remnant of arthas is all that is holding back the scourge from destroying all life on azeroth.

So, by taking that into account, there is another being fighting arthas, it may or may not be ner'zhul, it might be frostmourne, in which case, bolvar can just sit there and do nothing and be bored cause tiron shattered frostmourne(what? that idiot actually did something non-idiotic for once?)

I just looked up the book where i think the arthas wtfpwns ner'zhul in, not a knaak book, but still.

Also, go do some alliance quest in howling fjord that i heard LK shows up in, saying that he was once a shaman
    ...Dude, the reason there always needs to be a Lich King is because, without a leader, the undead would basically just overrun Azeroth. Because the last remnant of Arthas is all that's keeping them back. Not because "SHIT IF THERE'S NO LICH KING WHO'LL FIGHT OFF THAT OTHER GUY".

And the book was published after WotLK came out, I doubt she knew about that quest, which is a big fail on her part and Blizz's, but whatevs.

Quote Originally Posted by Drall View Post
    ...Dude, the reason there always needs to be a Lich King is because, without a leader, the undead would basically just overrun Azeroth. Because the last remnant of Arthas is all that's keeping them back. Not because "SHIT IF THERE'S NO LICH KING WHO'LL FIGHT OFF THAT OTHER GUY".

And the book was published after WotLK came out, I doubt she knew about that quest, which is a big fail on her part and Blizz's, but whatevs.
    i do not know what kind of point your trying to get across but.....

Bolvar is not alone in the helm. FACT
    Arthas did not destroy ner'zhul. FACT

i do not know what kind of point your trying to get across but.....

Bolvar is not alone in the helm. FACT
    Arthas did not destroy ner'zhul. FACT
    Maybe he didn't COMPLETELY destroy him, but he's either

a) Extremely weakened
    b) No longer in that helmet

And neither of those are "facts". Stop trying to sound smart.

Quote Originally Posted by DR.Green View Post
    I wonder how it can still be a secret that Bolvar is the new lich king to sylvanas.
    Uther tells her there must always be a lich king. She knows the lich king has died. Isn't she wondering who took his place?
    One of countless reasons why Sylvannas not being present at Arthas's death is utter Bullshit.

As of current lore (before the next, inevitable retcon) both Arthas and Ner'zhul have ceased to exist. Arthas did not destroy Ner'zhul so much as absorb his spiritual essence. In the book, Ner'zhul essentially attempted to create a symbiotic relationship between Arthas' soul, and his own. Arthas rejects this, and consumes Ner'zhuls sentience/will, while still retaining all the powers, skills, and memories Ner'zhul had. The Lich Kings consciousness is essentially Arthas' from this point on. Ner'zhul has, at this stage in the timeline, more or less ceased to exist.

After Arthas' death, Bolvar takes up the helm and thus the powers of the Lich King. Considering previous events, this only makes sense if the helm itself is the true source of both the powers and the corrupting influence that is associated with the Lich King. This actually works out logically, since the Lich King, and by extension the Scourge, were actually tools created by the Burning Legion to assist in the destruction of Azeroth.

The only question of curiosity is really whether or not the helm actually confers simply the powers, or the corrupting desire to destroy all life, at this point. If it is the former, Bolvars inaction in this case can be explained by saying his will is completely occupied with holding back the Scourge from reaping all life from Azeroth, and more sentient, powerful Scourge such as the Val'kyr can assert their own wills and choose what to do free of his influence.

If it is the latter, the same reasoning applies, except in this case Bolvar is also wrestling with the Burning Legions kill command, and has even more of a reason to avoid exerting large amounts of controlling will onto those such as the Valk'kyr, as it is already consumed with holding back the Scourge and additionally, his own growing desire for destruction.

PS

I still think it's ridiculous that Blizzard chose to end the expansion that way. Bolvar deserved a better fate, and it is ludicrous to claim that the Undead are such an unstoppable/mighty force that they could destroy the entire strength of both the Horde and Alliance with ease.

You have to remember no one knows that Bolvar is the "new" lich king, besides us. It will probably be a plot twist down the road that Sylvannas right now thinks the lich king is dead and the val'kyr are helping her raise forsaken. When in reality somewhere into our progression through cata the "new" lich king will gain control and the val'kyr as well as the "newly created" forsaken will find themselves under a new master.

I agree. I would have preferred a final end to the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Drall View Post
    Maybe he didn't COMPLETELY destroy him, but he's either

a) Extremely weakened
    b) No longer in that helmet

And neither of those are "facts". Stop trying to sound smart.
    stop stop stop

arthas did not destroy ner'zhul, they merged together. That was stated in WCIII

In HoR, which is actually INGAME STUFF and not a lolbook, it states that he is trying to hold back the scourge.
    Now, that would mean that hes "good" and that there is another conflicting force, frostmourne or ner'zhul or well...putting this out there(highly, HIGHLY unlikely) old gods.

When you kill arthas, and see the cinematic, he says "Father. Is it...over?" and that is after the helm falls off, which means that the conflicting force (most likely ner'zhul cause from WC3 knowledge he was bound to the helm) has been severed from arthas, kinda like that one boss in Throne of Tides (mindbender something)

If apparantly arthas destroyed ner'zhul, and what said about him HoR and what he says when he dies....basicly combine all that and it doesnt make sense.

Also, seriously, Howling Fjord quest "I was once a shaman". who was a shaman? Arthas? No. Yogg? No. Frostmourne? No. Ner'zhul? Yes.

tl;dr Good guy+fighting with something+trys to kill you+"is it over?"= does not make sense

Good guy+bad guy+conflict+parasite mechanic=makes sense

i believe it is you trying to sound smart, but like the guy in my sig, i just fucked up your troll post.

Edit: Books =/= legit wow lore

Quote Originally Posted by Snekilito View Post
    Gaah, its __Sylvanas__
    I fucking love you