Poll: Do you play WoW with in-game music on?

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Do you play WoW with in-game music on?

Question in title. I'm wondering if you guys do? I never have it on, and haven't for almost 2 years now. Clutters up my ears =S
    I run a satire / humor blog site very The Onion-esque. It's like taking trolling to another level.

www.spinatlantic.com

only when i'm in grizzly hills. Awesome music.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has great music. Anyone who mutes it is missing out.

I love the ambiance that music puts into almost every aspect of WoW. For raiding, I just lower the overall sound from WoW, but is still audible. Questing is better with it on. I usually listen to my own music when PvPing, though.

used to, not anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    no i don't have have my speakers on....i would love to have music+ npc/mob speech but the only way i can have it on is if i have the horrible ringing sound from my macro not being ready or being out of range

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    It depends on the zone I'm in. I like the music of most zones and instances, but in places like Dalaran I turn off music as quickly as possible. Same with Orgrimmar, among others.
    Well excuuuse me, Princess.

You are now breathing manually.

Deleted
    I keep it on the first time I go through a zone / instance but after that I find it more pleasant with my own music

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    <3 sometimes when I'm all alone I go to grizzly hills.. just to sit.. not fish or anything.. just sit and listen to the fecking awesome music <3<3

Quote Originally Posted by Conno View Post
    this!
    LET YOUR BIRD EAT ITS BEAK

Deleted
    I just listening to the WoW soundtracks when I'm chilling in my room, cleaning, w/e. There are TONS of musics that have come out of WoW from various great artists.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you play WoW with in-game music on?
    Always - if in Storm Peaks, most beautiful music in the game.
    Psilo - Enhancement Shaman - Argent Dawn EU - People for the Ethical Treatment of Shamans

*Ben*

I turn it on and off depending on mood and what I'm doing.

i love the music on the gunship fight in ICC

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to have the wow music back in vanilla but stopped listening to it after a month or so, the I started using the "soundtrack" addon to have my own music play specifically at times I wanted in WoW! Haven't used it since wrath tho new comp and to lazy to set it up again, might use it again someday!
    Yep I'm guild-less because of toxic elite-jerks in my old top raiding guild. Why can't we all get along like normal human beings?

90% of the time I keep music on, especially when leveling. It's pretty awesome and creates a great mood for playing.

Deleted
    Heres an awesome tip for those that want to listen to the in game music and the npc voice acting in raids without having to put up with the combat noises and the moans and groans comming from the player characters as they fight:

Type in, or make a macro:

/console Sound_ListenerAtCharacter 0

That makes all the sound you hear come from the position of your camera rather than where your character is. So you still hear the boss's speeches and the music at normal volume but you don't hear any combat noise.

Then go into your 'Sound and Voice' options and disable the tick-box labelled 'Error Speech'.

This stops the 'I'm out of range' and 'That ability isn't ready yet' speech that is played constantly during battle.
    Last edited by mmocb907825fbc; 2010-07-20 at 11:40 AM.

I always play with all sound off
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I only turn it on to listen to certain sounds in game like Lich King role play

Not when i;m raiding:-)!