Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Leveling as tank through RDF, what class?

so i've decided to level a tank through the dungeon finder, but which tank is best to level as tank?

Ill only level with the dungeon finder not quest

if you like a small challenge warrior, paladins if you wanna "faceroll

Deleted
    How does the warrior tank look in Cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    Paladin is easier, but Warrior is more fun as soon as you get the hang of it.
    Not sure how they look in cata though. Not that into the changes yet.

It looks great, i've decided to take my warrior to 85 first, you should take a look at the class previews to get more of an idea though.

Deleted
    I do like the idea of a dwarf paladin, but everyone seems to play pala these days

also like they're able to play 3 different roles

I made it with a paladin, and it's easier when you got consecration (level 20) multitanking is a piece of shit before :/

And with LoH you've got a very good CD to stay alive if your healer sucks. Stack Str (block value) will make the job easier.

Be carefull, lvl 70-80 is very very long, complete violet hold@ lvl73 with chest/shoulders grants you only 4% of the level...go to sholazar at lvl 75 then storm peaks level 77! (don't forget to do the argent dawn quest is IC, very quick and a lot of xp.)

I dinged lvl 80 one week ago, allready tanked 10/12 boss in ICC in a PuG. Don't forget to make pauses to level your professions.

Deleted
    Are there big difference between human and dward racials=?

We dont know how the racials will look in cata, for now dwarfs have stoneform though, a very neat defensive cooldown for any tanking class =]

---------- Post added 2010-07-20 at 09:39 PM ----------

you cant go wrong with a dwarf which is quite possibly the best alliance race, hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Citan_Elune View Post
    complete violet hold@ lvl73 with chest/shoulders grants you only 4% of the level...
    You just named the instance with the least amount of trashmobs (totc aside), ofcourse it's barely going to give you experience.
    "If you need to add '10char' to be able to post, don't bother posting at all."

once you warrior you never re-roll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The bearer of truths View Post
    if you like a small challenge warrior, paladins if you wanna "faceroll
    oh yes, the standard boredom tank for low lvls, autoattack, judge, consencration(after lvl 20).... real faceroll at low lvls..../slap

go warrior for the lower lvls, they have more options early on.
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

Have levelled both warrior and paladin through dungeon finder. Warrior is definitely more fun, with the new Revenge 60% more damage plus cleave, you get to watch some nice hits, plus battle charge at 50 is great for chain pulling. Paladin is perhaps a little easier (i.e. faceroll), not quite as fun, in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Renowned View Post
    Have levelled both warrior and paladin through dungeon finder. Warrior is definitely more fun, with the new Revenge 60% more damage plus cleave, you get to watch some nice hits, plus battle charge at 50 is great for chain pulling. Paladin is perhaps a little easier (i.e. faceroll), not quite as fun, in my opinion.
    Since i don't have as much time as i used to, i've gone casual so i won't have time to level multiple characters up, that's why i like the paladin because i can switch roles

But i do really like both of these classes, which one is prefered as MT in endgame and which is superiror in 5mans/heroics?

My guild only uses warrior tanks for some unknown reason. i prefer my warrior then my paladin in heroics because charge as the poster above said is absoloutly epic for chain pulling.

Druid

Im leveling a druid tank. Its very good because even without the +armor % talants you dont die easily, so you can go cat to complete any quests you feel like. Although rage is a bit of a problem tanking as bear its very enjoyable

For a bit of challenge and fun, go warrior.

For no challenge at all, go paladin or druid. (Note that I find druid tanking 200 times more boring then paladin tanking)

FC - 2234-7580-4322
    Ingame - Mille
    DS name - Groggen

from what ive seen (on my server at least) if any raid had a choice between a palla tank and a warrior tank they would 9/10 pick a warrior

Deleted
    In raids, the most fun tank is by far DK. In 5 mans, by far warrior, though warriors are also ok in raids. Paladins are the easiest, but pretty boring, druids are also easy but unbelievably boring.

As for which one is the "best", there's no such thing. Each one is different, every one can tank anything in the game. The fact people tend to think of warriors as the best tanks is because of the vanilla and TBC mindset.

Though i'd recommend warriors for levelling anyway. I mean, come on, fucking shockwave.

Also a fun part of warriors is that you can get a friendly healer and go HC farming in full DPS gear. 13k revenges are pretty awesome.

Paladin - Suffer great pain from mana management all the way into outland but enjoy having done 50% of all damage done at all times.

Warrior - The most fun, best mobility by far, AOE tanking as a warrior IS NOT HARD, shield block is awesome.

Druid - swipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipeswipe.

DK - Enjoy taking the most damage in dungeons due to lacking a block mechanic, enjoy being able to do jack shit whenever someone ninjapulls and runes and D&D are on cooldown.